PDA

View Full Version : Levelland or Graham

WestTxschwab
02-17-2009, 09:25 PM
Fort Stockton won it's 3rd straight district championship last friday and has recieved a first round bye and will play the winner of levelland and graham, they will play warm up games against kermit and wolforth frenship in the mean time.

There playing on the road against Fabens as we speak but does anybody have any info or first hand experience about either team?

RedWhiteBlue
02-18-2009, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by WestTxschwab
Fort Stockton won it's 3rd straight district championship last friday and has recieved a first round bye and will play the winner of levelland and graham, they will play warm up games against kermit and wolforth frenship in the mean time.

There playing on the road against Fabens as we speak but does anybody have any info or first hand experience about either team?
Don't have a clue....:confused:

VWG
02-18-2009, 10:07 PM
Levelland is the real deal, coming in 2nd in district behind state ranked Lubbock Estacado. Huckaby and crew from Levelland hung with Estacado in two district tilts, only losing the last one 59-53. Estacado is good... very, very good. So to hang with the Mats for 4 qtrs of hoops says something. Levelland gets some good contributions from it's other players but Huckaby is the key to the team.
Graham is young... imagine that. Only one senior starter and the rest are juniors. Played Wylie tough in their last matchup, and lost to Brownwood by one in their last matchup. Dist. 2-3A isn't only a tough district in football, their hoops teams are very competitive.
Should be an interesting game in Merkel. If Huckaby is contained the Steers have a good balanced attack to defeat Levelland, but if he gets his normal 20+ points and the rest of the team does what it normally does, then Graham is one and done.

RedWhiteBlue
02-19-2009, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
Don't have a clue....:confused:
You guys know I was kidding.... right? Of course VWG came in to save the day with his, "Graham is young.... imagine that" comments. :rolleyes:

BreckTxLonghorn
02-19-2009, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
You guys know I was kidding.... right? Of course VWG came in to save the day with his, "Graham is young.... imagine that" comments. :rolleyes:

I actually believed. Having no clue is pretty much par the course for most Graham residents.:devil: :D

Boom you're roasted.

TinyTim
02-19-2009, 04:14 PM
Graham by 6

RedWhiteBlue
02-19-2009, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
I actually believed. Having no clue is pretty much par the course for most Graham residents.:devil: :D

Boom you're roasted.
Wow, low blow...... I think I will probably lose sleep over that one. By the way- who told you how to even spell such big words like.... residents or believed??? :confused: Oh, I know. You must be one of the 2 people in Breckenridge that aren't in-bred....:thinking: