PDA

View Full Version : Apartment AC System Help...

District303aPastPlayer
02-17-2009, 07:39 PM
so their manual thermostat needle keeps hovering around 80... i removed the dirty dirty DIRTY air filter... so what should i do now other than call the office

jason
02-17-2009, 08:13 PM
its nice and cool out - open the windows...

marler1972
02-17-2009, 08:20 PM
could be low on freon which would cause the unit to freeze up.

ILS1
02-17-2009, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
so their manual thermostat needle keeps hovering around 80... i removed the dirty dirty DIRTY air filter... so what should i do now other than call the office

Call maintenance to come out an fix out. If they can't fix it tonight tell them to put you in an empty apartment for the night or until they fix it. They are usually accommodating on things like that.

:D :D :D

Trashman
02-17-2009, 09:34 PM
DO NOT RUN THE AC WITH OUT THE FILTER IN PLACE. If the coils get pluged with dirt and lint the cost to clean and repair could be high. The owner will come back on you for the repairs since you are the one that removed the filter. Do as others have said and open the windows until morning when you can call the office and get a maintenance man to check it out. Hope this helps.

WTF-82
02-18-2009, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer

Those are very cheap tstats and most the time the heat anticipater was never set correctly go to Lowes and buy you a cheap digital stat send me a pm and i will show you how to wire it most appartment maintanence men will not know anything about the anticipator.

WTF-82
02-18-2009, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by ***-82
Those are very cheap tstats and most the time the heat anticipater was never set correctly go to Lowes and buy you a cheap digital stat send me a pm and i will show you how to wire it most appartment maintanence men will not know anything about the anticipator.

Another thing if you see that youre indoor coil is froze up set you stat at off and fan on this will shut the compresser off so it wount pump anymore and the fan will circulate across that froze coil the temp of the coil is low so you would at leat get air that is cool till it thaws out Honestly a/c systems are not desined to run when the outdoor air temp is 65 in the evening.

I. B. Watching
02-18-2009, 09:29 AM
The owner should take care of this. It's their responsibility. I know that if you try to fix something on your own, then it can backfire on you, even if you do it right. Hopefully, you have a good apartment owner who will take care of the issue in a timely manner.