PDA

View Full Version : Houston is finally getting it

coach
02-17-2009, 04:56 PM
if this happens houston could get passed the first round....
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3913836

crzyjournalist03
02-17-2009, 05:01 PM
Is Vince Carter REALLY that big of an upgrade over McGrady?

coach
02-17-2009, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Is Vince Carter REALLY that big of an upgrade over McGrady?

no but as long as t mac is on ur team u wont make it past the 1st round

waterboy
02-17-2009, 05:20 PM
T-Mac is injured an awful lot. Has he actually played a complete season yet?

Emerson1
02-17-2009, 05:30 PM
He had 5 seasons with under 70 games played and has never played in all 82.

JR2004
02-17-2009, 05:30 PM
Please, please, please let this possible trade come to fruition!

big daddy russ
02-17-2009, 05:34 PM
Carter's not the missing piece to take Houston past the first round in the Western Conference playoffs. Sounds to me like a great way to spend an extra $21 million on an even swap and miss out at a chance on the big free agent class of 2010.

IMO, the Rockets are better off holding out for a better trade. Problem is, the shelf life of coaches and GM's in the NBA isn't very long, so they're forced to think about the short term more than the long term health of the team. They'd be better off keeping McGrady. There are two possibilities here:
1.) He comes back strong. All of a sudden, he's both the best player on a strong team or a great trade piece.
2.) He shuts it down for the next couple of seasons and his $20-someodd million contract comes off the books in less than a year and a half.

Astrosdawg07
02-17-2009, 08:50 PM
There is no way I give up Landry in this deal. No way! Landry is an up and coming great player, mark my words.

IHStangFan
02-17-2009, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Carter's not the missing piece to take Houston past the first round in the Western Conference playoffs. Sounds to me like a great way to spend an extra $21 million on an even swap and miss out at a chance on the big free agent class of 2010.

IMO, the Rockets are better off holding out for a better trade. Problem is, the shelf life of coaches and GM's in the NBA isn't very long, so they're forced to think about the short term more than the long term health of the team. They'd be better off keeping McGrady. There are two possibilities here:
1.) He comes back strong. All of a sudden, he's both the best player on a strong team or a great trade piece.
2.) He shuts it down for the next couple of seasons and his $20-someodd million contract comes off the books in less than a year and a half. This