PDA

View Full Version : George Strait to open Jerry World June 6th

kepdawg
02-17-2009, 02:22 PM
George Strait, Reba McIntire lead lineup for June 6 concert to open Dallas Cowboys' new stadium 1:14 PM CT

01:16 PM CST on Tuesday, February 17, 2009

By JEFF MOSIER / The Dallas Morning News
jmosier@dallasnews.com"

Country music legend George Strait and a cast of country stars including Reba McEntire will open the new Dallas Cowboys stadium on June 6, team owner Jerry Jones announced this afternoon.

Strait, McEntire, Blake Shelton and Julianne Hough will play at the Saturday event. Tickets go on sale at 10 a.m. Feb. 28 through Ticketmaster and will cost from $38.50 to $137.50.

Cowboys officials had originally said last year that they wanted to have a series of large concerts – possibly from different musical genres – to celebrate the $1.1 billion stadium's opening. The venue is scheduled to be completed by June, and the Cowboys will start playing there next season.

Strait, a Texas native, has a long history of sharing a stadium with the Cowboys. He headlined the George Strait Country Music Festival in the 1990s and early 2000s, with most of those events at Texas Stadium.

Strait also performed with Jimmy Buffett and Alan Jackson at Texas Stadium in 2004 and was recorded for a live CD featuring all three.

In addition to being the new home of the Dallas Cowboys and the annual AT&T Cotton Bowl Classic, the stadium will host the 2011 Super Bowl, the 2010 NBA All-Star Game and the 2014 NCAA men’s basketball Final Four.

LINK (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/021808dnmetstadiumevent.255df329.html)

STANG RED
02-18-2009, 12:59 AM
Well even if the boys do come in and stink the new joint up later, at least it's going to start up on a good note. George Strait is the man!

eagles_victory
02-18-2009, 01:43 AM
Julianne Hough is a hell of a way to open up anything:inlove:

firstdown
02-18-2009, 08:44 AM
I was at the new stadium the other day making a site visit and came away with two thoughts.

First that is one large and impressive structure.

Second they have a long way to go to be finished by June.

Maybe Jerry will give a discount to anyone willing to paint, install carpet, clean... June is not that far out.

I. B. Watching
02-18-2009, 09:21 AM
That's awesome. I remember many years ago going to Reunion Arena when The Who played the first concert there. My ears still have not recovered.

waterboy
02-18-2009, 10:11 AM
I might just have to buy tickets to this concert. I haven't seen George Strait in several years. I'm not much of a concert goer anymore, but George is always worth going to see. That, and my wife :inlove: mentioned going......:thinking: :D