PDA

View Full Version : NBA Trade Deadline

eagles_victory
02-17-2009, 10:48 AM
What moves do you think your favorite team might make?

crzyjournalist03
02-17-2009, 10:48 AM
Jerry Stackhouse, Eric Dampier, and Brandon Bass to Phoenix for Shaquille O'Neal.

STAggie
02-17-2009, 10:59 AM
I'd love to see Tracy McGrady, cash and a draft pick for Amare but highly doubt it will happen.

eagles_victory
02-17-2009, 11:21 AM
Cleveland is rumored to be shopping Wally Szcherbiack sp? for Antownie Jamison, Mike Miller or Vince Carter. Personally I think Jamison would be the best fit of the 3.

Emerson1
02-17-2009, 11:24 AM
Josh Howard, Jerry Stackhouse and Brandon Bass

for

Lebron James

Emerson1
02-17-2009, 11:27 AM
Dampier, Terry, Kidd, Bass, Stackhouse, Howard

for

Rondo, Pierce, Allen, Garnett

JR2004
02-17-2009, 11:32 AM
I think we're done making moves unless Fat Boy forces Phoenix to give him a buyout so that he can head further west.

Bull's-eye
02-17-2009, 12:22 PM
Kobe for Luther Head ;)

jason
02-17-2009, 12:29 PM
jason kidd for devon harris

:doh:

big daddy russ
02-17-2009, 05:14 PM
With any luck, none. And knowing Pops and Buford, they'll stand pat until the offseason.

waterboy
02-17-2009, 05:33 PM
After last season I wouldn't be surprised at any trade the Mavericks make. Is it true that Shaq will be on the block? I know the Suns just fired their coach, Terry Porter, and they say that Stoudemire will not be traded, but they're not saying that about Shaq. I don't see the Mavericks being a serious contender in the West with the team they have in place. They need a big-time player in the middle, always have and always will. Not sure Shaq is the answer, though, and it depends on what they have to give up to get him, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him come to Dallas........not that I necessarily would like to see it.......I'm just saying.........:thinking:

Emerson1
02-17-2009, 05:38 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bvwmd7
That one has been thrown out there.

I would much rather like this one though

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cofwst
Matt Barnes has also been talked about being included.

WylieBulldog92
02-17-2009, 05:52 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bzwub6

WylieBulldog92
02-17-2009, 05:55 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=dytrkz
?

JR2004
02-17-2009, 06:03 PM
I guess Chandler is on his way to the center of hell where the Team That Shall Not Be Named resides. Wilcox and Smith get there get out of hell free cards. I feel bad for Chandler on this because he's a good guy and family man who doesn't deserve being stuck on that side of the Red River.

crzyjournalist03
02-17-2009, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1

I would much rather like this one though

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cofwst
Matt Barnes has also been talked about being included.

I really don't think you get that one unless you're willing to include Brandon Bass.

Emerson1
02-17-2009, 06:09 PM
I don't think it would matter. The suns already have a player who does the exact same thing as Bass.

Emerson1
02-17-2009, 06:29 PM
Jerry Stackhouse for John Salmons

forum_guy
02-17-2009, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
I guess Chandler is on his way to the center of hell where the Team That Shall Not Be Named resides. Wilcox and Smith get there get out of hell free cards. I feel bad for Chandler on this because he's a good guy and family man who doesn't deserve being stuck on that side of the Red River.

yeah sucks for chandler but look at the upside of the thunder they got the best of this trade...chandler, durant, westbrook, and green...the thunder should be a team on the rise and could possibly make a playoff push in a couple of years with that youth

TheDOCTORdre
02-17-2009, 11:35 PM
Man I hope detroit makes a move...they could really use alot of help... they prolly wont even make the eastern conference championship this year... oh my i dont even remember what the ECF looks like without Detorit Basketball...I guess I'll be reminded this year

big daddy russ
02-18-2009, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by forum_guy
yeah sucks for chandler but look at the upside of the thunder they got the best of this trade...chandler, durant, westbrook, and green...the thunder should be a team on the rise and could possibly make a playoff push in a couple of years with that youth
Durant's been improving by leaps and bounds here lately. That team will be a contender sooner than anyone realizes. He may be mentioned in the same breath as Kobe and LeBron within the next couple of years.

kepdawg
02-18-2009, 11:07 PM
From ESPN.com:

Hornets' Tyson Chandler trade with Thunder is rescinded

Story (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3917505)

JR2004
02-19-2009, 12:49 AM
Justice is once again served to the "Team That Shall Not Be Named". I do feel bad for Chris Wilcox and Joe Smith. Just when they thought they had their get out of hell free card they find out they have to go back to that dump.

JR2004
02-19-2009, 06:39 AM
Chris Mihm is no longer a Laker. I'm so happy about this I could cry! I always we could trade him for nothing more than a Russian peasant woman, but apparently I was wrong and he's worth a 2nd round draft pick four years from now. Thank you Chris Wallace for taking our garbage off our hands once again!

JR2004
02-19-2009, 02:12 PM
Let's see...What else do we have...

Chris Wilcox went to the Knicks for Malik Rose. Looks like he received his get out of hell free card after all!

Larry Hughes goes to the Knicks for the legendary Jerome James, (Did anyone ever make more money in the history of the NBA off of one alright performance in a playoff series than James?) Tim Thomas and Anthony Roberson. That contract the Cavs signed Hughes to several years ago made me laugh then and it still does now. I really need to find the yahoo thread from the Cavs fan stating that he was going out to buy a Hughes jersey the day they signed him...lol.

JR2004
02-19-2009, 02:35 PM
In the neither of these teams are doing anything of substance for the next several seasons the Queens sent Mr. Candace Parker and Bobby Brown for Rashad McCants and the league's goofiest looking player Calvin Booth. That's a rare trade where each team trades for an odd looking player (Williams from the Queens and the aforementioned Booth)...

Texasfootball2
02-19-2009, 03:11 PM
I don't know who the Mavs would have to give up but they could sure use a Wally Szcaerbiak as an outside shooter until they get Jason Terry back. It would also give them some cap room ability after the season. Surely there is some kind of financial fit to make this happen, or there is another shooter out their that can take some pressure off Dirk while Terry is out.

eagles_victory
02-19-2009, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Chris Mihm is no longer a Laker. I'm so happy about this I could cry! I always we could trade him for nothing more than a Russian peasant woman, but apparently I was wrong and he's worth a 2nd round draft pick four years from now. Thank you Chris Wallace for taking our garbage off our hands once again! I was shocked to the core by this I had no idea Mihm was still in the league.

JR2004
02-19-2009, 04:00 PM
Looks like the And1 garbage (known to some as Rafer Alston) will be heading to Orlando to wow fans with his amazing ability to travel every time he touches it. Brian Cook (why he's still in the league is beyond me.) will head to Houston and Kyle Lowry from Memphis heads to Mosquitoville as well. Memphis receives Orlando's 1st round draft pick.