PDA

View Full Version : downlow fantasy baseball

duckhunter
02-16-2009, 06:11 PM
gunna have a league this year? if so i propose doing it through espn not yahoo. espn is offering live stats, etc. and i dont believe yahoo will be doing that this year

crzyjournalist03
02-16-2009, 06:15 PM
I'm definitely interested if we can have legitimate stats--none of the "no-hitters", "triples" "caught stealing" etc.

I really prefer traditional 5x5 leagues, but I wouldn't be opposed to using OBP instead of AVG.

Lt. Maverick
02-16-2009, 08:47 PM
if so i'm in

Keith7
02-16-2009, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I'm definitely interested if we can have legitimate stats--none of the "no-hitters", "triples" "caught stealing" etc.

I really prefer traditional 5x5 leagues, but I wouldn't be opposed to using OBP instead of AVG.

Why not triples? they are a part of the game and players are getting more and more of them these post steriod era days.. Granderson and Jose Reyes got 20 a couple years ago.

5X5 is cool in a sense but I like to get a better feel of everything that goes on in baseball.

My league features: Runs, Hits, Doubles, Triples, Home Runs, Average, and Stolen Bases

Pitching: Innings Pitched, Wins, Losses, Saves, Blown Saves, ERA, WHIP and Blown Saves.

I think that covers everything, a couple people in my league want to add walks for batters and holds but I'm reluctant to go that far.

With these rules, I feel like managers can craft their teams to their liking with out having too many stats to negate different strategies.

I do agree with you though, No hitters, shut outs, pick offs, Hit by pitches, intentional walks, are all stats that don't belong in fantasy baseball but triples are common and a can play a big part in baseball

Keith7
02-16-2009, 10:07 PM
BTW fantasy sports on ESPN sucks big time.. there are ways around the live stats thing if that is all that is holding you back.. or just pay 10 dollars and get stats for all fantasy baseball leagues you play in for the entire year

sinton66
02-17-2009, 07:34 AM
There will be an official 3ADL league soon. JR will be doing it.

SintonFan_inAustin
02-17-2009, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
There will be an official 3ADL league soon. JR will be doing it. count me in if there's room :)

crzyjournalist03
02-17-2009, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
Why not triples? they are a part of the game and players are getting more and more of them these post steriod era days.. Granderson and Jose Reyes got 20 a couple years ago.

5X5 is cool in a sense but I like to get a better feel of everything that goes on in baseball.

My league features: Runs, Hits, Doubles, Triples, Home Runs, Average, and Stolen Bases

Pitching: Innings Pitched, Wins, Losses, Saves, Blown Saves, ERA, WHIP and Blown Saves.

I think that covers everything, a couple people in my league want to add walks for batters and holds but I'm reluctant to go that far.

With these rules, I feel like managers can craft their teams to their liking with out having too many stats to negate different strategies.

I do agree with you though, No hitters, shut outs, pick offs, Hit by pitches, intentional walks, are all stats that don't belong in fantasy baseball but triples are common and a can play a big part in baseball

If you're doing rotisserie scoring, I don't have near the problem with stats like Triples, but in a head-to-head league, you're most likely going to have a lot of 0-0 or 1-1 ties...you're not going to get more than a couple of triples a week from a lineup. I don't really enjoy or think it's fair for someone to lose a category over one triple. But I can understand those that do enjoy it.

I'd personally rather just have a "total bases" category so that it rewards triples and doubles, but not to the extent of making them an individual category.

Innings pitched also can be an issue unless you have weekly lineups or roster move limits. There's always a couple of guys who just rotate out scheduled starters every day to make sure they get all the innings pitched and strikeouts possible.

duckhunter
03-16-2009, 09:32 PM
anybody gunna start it?????