PDA

View Full Version : Wild High Speed Chase in Houston!!!!

IHStangFan
02-16-2009, 05:19 PM
Some guy in a silver Honda Accord running from police....already hit a police cruiser and flipped it......just rear-ended another police vehicle (this time a Ford Expedition) and lost control of his car. Cops drug the guy out of his car and beat him to a bloody pulp!! ALL ON LIVE TV!!!

Channel 13 in Houston....happening right now!!

SWMustang
02-16-2009, 05:34 PM
was this on the North Side? Wife said she saw a chase from her office building on Greens Road.

IHStangFan
02-16-2009, 07:24 PM
when I first started watching it the news said south east side......but he was runnin up 45...so...who knows! LOL.

rancher
02-16-2009, 07:31 PM
The chase is on the southeast side, gulf freeway I45 south. Hope the SOB is headed to the hospital, he got what he deserved a good ass kicking. He needs more that that for endangering lives of everyone.

44INAROW
02-16-2009, 07:38 PM
dang, I just walked in the house from a quick trip to Houston today. We left downtown about 3:30 so I guess we missed any chance of seeing this chance - that and the fact we were headed SW not SE :p I'll have to go watch the video........

IHStangFan
02-16-2009, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by rancher
The chase is on the southeast side, gulf freeway I45 south. Hope the SOB is headed to the hospital, he got what he deserved a good ass kicking. He needs more that that for endangering lives of everyone. yup...and they did...they pounded his head in. If you saw the video......there was a very large pool of blood and his face was completely covered...now...I'm not sure if that majority of it came from when he landed on his face after being yanked outa the car...of if the cop that was hammering him in the face did it.

Houston Police Chase 2/16/09 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4RJlAJtn3g)

GreenMachine
02-16-2009, 09:19 PM
Why was he being chased?

IHStangFan
02-16-2009, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
Why was he being chased? Here's what the Chronicle has about it (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6265981.html)

TarponFanInNorthTexas
02-17-2009, 11:29 AM
I was watching the tail end of the chase live on TV. From what I saw, the guy was fine (not bloody) until he got yanked out of the car and was thrown down face first onto the freeway.

Later on though, I saw another video of the guy getting yanked out from a different angle, and I clearly saw an officer bashing him on the head with his billy club. I also saw other officers punching and kicking him.

Good thing I live north of downtown, and work just east of downtown, otherwise I'd have been caught up in that mess. The traffic looked horrible after the chase came to an end.

crzyjournalist03
02-17-2009, 11:43 AM
Seriously...has anybody ever heard of a case when a guy running from the law in his vehicle actually escaped? What exactly are they trying to do?

ronwx5x
02-17-2009, 01:54 PM
According to the Chronicle report, the guy doing the running cut an officer with a box cutter when they opened the door. That might explain why he got the thrashing.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
02-18-2009, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
According to the Chronicle report, the guy doing the running cut an officer with a box cutter when they opened the door. That might explain why he got the thrashing.

Ah! Ok I was unaware of the box cutter. Yeah, I'd be pissed off too after a guy I had been chasing for miles had decided to slice me open after I finally caught up with him.