PDA

View Full Version : DFW Boys High Profile Warm-ups and Tie Breakers

kepdawg
02-16-2009, 04:31 PM
More Info At Link (http://highschoolsportsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/02/boys-hoops-friday-and-saturday-playoff-w.html)

DALLAS BASKETBALL CLASSIC
FRIDAY, Feb. 20
(At SMU's Moody Coliseum)
6 p.m. - 4A #18 Highland Park vs. 4A #4 Carr. Newman Smith
7:30 p.m. - 5A #3 Cedar Hill vs. 5A #5 Duncanville
9:00 p.m. - Findlay Prep (Nev.) vs. God's Academy
10:30 p.m. - Houston Bellaire vs. 4A #9 Lancaster
NOTE: A 4:30 p.m. game with Sherman and a team to be determined also will take place. That game will be finalized later today.

DALLAS ISD POSTSEASON CLASSIC
SATURDAY, Feb. 21
(At Ellis Davis Field House)
Noon - S. Oak Cliff vs. Wichita Falls
1:30 p.m. - Skyline vs. 5A #4 N. Crowley
3:00 p.m. - Kimball vs. 3A #6 Argyle
4:30 p.m. - 4A #1 Carter vs. 5A #19 DeSoto
6:00 p.m. - 4A #11 Lincoln vs. 5A #7 Plano West
7:30 p.m. - 3A #1 Madison vs. FW Dunbar

JR2004
02-16-2009, 05:55 PM
I think I may go sit out at Ellis Davis all day. I knew about four of those games on Saturday, but I didn't know who Carter or SOC was playing until today.

You can expect Argyle to get royally screwed on the calls due to who they're playing and I wouldn't be shocked if to see someone from Hirschi get injured playing against SOC. They play like the late 80's Pistons out there at times.

mwynn05
02-16-2009, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
I think I may go sit out at Ellis Davis all day. I knew about four of those games on Saturday, but I didn't know who Carter or SOC was playing until today.

You can expect Argyle to get royally screwed on the calls due to who they're playing and I wouldn't be shocked if to see someone from Hirschi get injured playing against SOC. They play like the late 80's Pistons out there at times. because kimball gets all the calls or becasue they are playing a 3a and they are supposed to win

JR2004
02-16-2009, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
because kimball gets all the calls or becasue they are playing a 3a and they are supposed to win

Because the oldest son of DISD's assistant AD is the head coach there. The calls they get are just comical.

wildstangs
02-16-2009, 06:43 PM
Speaking of basketball, I have to go scout at Wilkerson-Greiner(?) in Ft. Worth tomorrow night. Anyone know which part of Ft. Worth that is in?

JR2004
02-16-2009, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Speaking of basketball, I have to go scout at Wilkerson-Greiner(?) in Ft. Worth tomorrow night. Anyone know which part of Ft. Worth that is in?

I believe I've been there before, but it's been a few years. The street address on it is 5102 C.A. Roberson, but when I use mapquest it comes up as Folwell Blvd.

mwynn05
02-16-2009, 06:58 PM
Because the oldest son of DISD's assistant AD is the head coach there. The calls they get are just comical. so give kimball calls or get scratched...the fact that Argyle is all white isn;t going to help them any either....it would be cool if we were in on that i promise ya we could hang with most of those teams

JR2004
02-16-2009, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
so give kimball calls or get scratched...the fact that Argyle is all white isn;t going to help them any either....it would be cool if we were in on that i promise ya we could hang with most of those teams

Argyle being all-white won't hurt them. They came down last year and played against Pinkston and it didn't hurt them when they beat Spruce last year by a point. I wonder though if Dale will do that game or if he'll be saving himself for the final game. My bet is he refs the final game because that's where he'll get the most attention at.

I don't mean to sound negative on Ponder because I like Coach Boxell and I think he's had an amazing run as a head coach over the last two decades in several places (mainly Ponder), but the only teams in this that they could beat in the group are Hirschi and Argyle who they've already beaten. They might give Skyline a good game too because they play a similar style.

mwynn05
02-16-2009, 07:13 PM
Argyle being all-white won't hurt them. They came down last year and played against Pinkston and it didn't hurt them when they beat Spruce last year by a point. I wonder though if Dale will do that game or if he'll be saving himself for the final game. My bet is he refs the final game because that's where he'll get the most attention at.

I don't mean to sound negative on Ponder because I like Coach Boxell and I think he's had an amazing run as a head coach over the last two decades in several places (mainly Ponder), but the only teams in this that they could beat in the group are Hirschi and Argyle who they've already beaten. They might give Skyline a good game too because they play a similar style. yeah i dono if we would win but those guys could hangif we didnt turn the ball over too much or come across someone who had a dominant 6'7 or bigger and thats the other thing we wanna play people who are better to make us better

Matthew328
02-16-2009, 08:25 PM
Is SOC playing Wichita Falls or WF Hirschi??

Also Wilkerson-Greines is at I-20 and Wichita right behind Clark Stadium.

mwynn05
02-16-2009, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328

Also Wilkerson-Greines is at I-20 and Wichita right behind Clark Stadium. isnt it like really nice?

Matthew328
02-16-2009, 08:31 PM
Yes its very nice

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0dbc9vsbMCcSi/340x.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3187/2294906360_9e1ac1b4a8.jpg?v=0

JR2004
02-16-2009, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328

Also Wilkerson-Greines is at I-20 and Wichita right behind Clark Stadium.

Hirschi...Coach Hedge is bringing them back down here again. Their last trip here was last season when he came and played us. I think he'd really like another shot as a head coach in DISD. I don't know that it'll ever happen though.

I. B. Watching
02-16-2009, 10:21 PM
Kind of hard to top a team called "God's Academy."

I. B. Watching
02-17-2009, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
The Krunk Train wasn't invited. Buncha scared sonsaswitches!
Now that would be a heck of a matchup!

kaorder1999
02-17-2009, 09:23 AM
Because the oldest son of DISD's assistant AD is the head coach there. The calls they get are just comical.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens IF Dallas ever does what they say they are going to do and make it to where ONLY certified teachers can be head coaches.

catgut
02-17-2009, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
It's going to be interesting to see what happens IF Dallas ever does what they say they are going to do and make it to where ONLY certified teachers can be head coaches.

You mean their head coaches don't have to be certified teachers??

kaorder1999
02-17-2009, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by catgut
You mean their head coaches don't have to be certified teachers??

UIL Athletics policy is that in order to coach for a school you must be a full-time employee of the District. This is the case anywhere across the state. Your head cross country coach could be a janitor or maintenence man as long as they are a full time employee of the District.

There are a few head coaches in Dallas ISD that do not "teach". They may be Security monitors or Hall Monitors or Teacher Aides. Since they are full time employees of the District, they are able to coach as long as they follow the guidelines of the State and get CPR/AED Certified and First Aid Certified.

catgut
02-17-2009, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
UIL Athletics policy is that in order to coach for a school you must be a full-time employee of the District. This is the case anywhere across the state. Your head cross country coach could be a janitor or maintenence man as long as they are a full time employee of the District.

There are a few head coaches in Dallas ISD that do not "teach". They may be Security monitors or Hall Monitors or Teacher Aides. Since they are full time employees of the District, they are able to coach as long as they follow the guidelines of the State and get CPR/AED Certified and First Aid Certified.

It may be that way across the state but our school requires that they teach and I think that's the way it should be.

kepdawg
02-18-2009, 05:40 PM
Here's the latest on the games:

DALLAS BASKETBALL CLASSIC
Friday, Feb. 20
(At SMU's Moody Coliseum)
4:30 p.m. -- Pinkston vs. Highland Park
6:00 p.m. -- N. Crowley vs. Sherman
7:30 p.m. -- Duncanville vs. Cedar Hill
9:00 p.m. -- God's Academy vs. Findlay Prep (Nev.)
10:30 p.m. -- Lancaster vs. Tex. Pleasant Grove

DALLAS ISD POSTSEASON CLASSIC
Saturday, Feb. 21
(At Ellis Davis Field House)
Noon -- S. Oak Cliff vs. WF Hirschi
1:30 p.m. -- Kimball vs. Argyle
3:00 p.m. -- Skyline vs. Richland
4:30 p.m. -- Carter vs. DeSoto
6:00 p.m. -- Lincoln vs. Plano West
7:30 p.m. -- Madison vs. FW Dunbar

LINK (http://highschoolsportsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/02/boys-hoops-revised-playoff-warmup-showca.html)

JR2004
02-18-2009, 05:46 PM
Nice upgrade to get Nolan Dennis involved in this! I've wanted to see this kid play for awhile now.

mwynn05
02-18-2009, 08:12 PM
10-2a At Ryan High School
Game 1 6pm:
#2 Ponder #4 Krum for district championship
Game 2 8pm:
Valley View Pilot Point

kepdawg
02-21-2009, 09:25 PM
SOC beat Hirschi 79-60

Argyle beat Kimball 68-64

kepdawg