PDA

View Full Version : Who saw the fire in the sky?

CenTexSports
02-16-2009, 10:13 AM
I was on the 11th tee about to hit when a fireball fell yesterday morning. We thought is was a meteor but I quess it was just space junk.

Did anybody else see it?

c-town_balla
02-16-2009, 10:27 AM
heard it. Didn't see it

Black_Magic
02-16-2009, 10:51 AM
SURE DID. I took this photo of it with my cell phone .
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/03/27/article-1002310-01BEDFF8000004B0-988_466x532.jpg

CenTexSports
02-16-2009, 11:47 AM
C-town: Where were you when you heard it? I was with a couple of guys you know and we all saw it but did not hear it. Were you in Austin or back home?

SintonFan_inAustin
02-16-2009, 11:58 AM
this morgning radio station i was listening to said it was a meteorite and rarely seen falling down in the day time.

Electus Unus
02-16-2009, 12:13 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/4634402/Falling-debris-over-texas-related-to-US-Russian-satellite-collision.html

c-town_balla
02-16-2009, 12:37 PM
I was in Austin sittin outside.

Cats Fan
02-16-2009, 02:24 PM
http://z.hubpages.com/u/192906_f520.jpg

it has begun and you all dont even realize it yet!!

ILS1
02-16-2009, 04:34 PM
Here's some of the video of it over Austin.

Video Link (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7891912.stm?lss)

:D :D :D

trojan37
02-18-2009, 11:51 PM
Part of that meteorite was found in West by a group from Arizona on Wednesday the 18th.

LINK (http://www.wacotrib.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/communities/breakingnews/entries/2009/02/18/meteorite_hunters_searching_ne.html)

orange machine
02-19-2009, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by trojan37
Part of that meteorite was found in West by a group from Arizona on Wednesday the 18th.

LINK (http://www.wacotrib.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/communities/breakingnews/entries/2009/02/18/meteorite_hunters_searching_ne.html)

Please they come in and find that little rock and say it was part of the meterorite. Yeah i bet.

orange machine
02-19-2009, 12:25 AM
From what i understand is that China shot down two American gps satellites which are used to guide missles, but the United States Gov. is trying to cover it up. This from what i understand is bad news because China has the ability to fire missles to the United States. These are things that i have heard over the last few days and do not know them to be a fact and i personally know nothing about it just what i was told.

GreenMonster
02-19-2009, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by orange machine
From what i understand is that China shot down two American gps satellites which are used to guide missles, but the United States Gov. is trying to cover it up. This from what i understand is bad news because China has the ability to fire missles to the United States. These are things that i have heard over the last few days and do not know them to be a fact and i personally know nothing about it just what i was told. Thing about this theory is even if they shot it down, it wouldn't immediately fall from the sky. It isn't flying like an airplane, it is in orbit around the Earth and would have to gradually fall out of this orbit over the course of several months unless it has been guided to fall faster.

Farmersfan
02-19-2009, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
From what i understand is that China shot down two American gps satellites which are used to guide missles, but the United States Gov. is trying to cover it up. This from what i understand is bad news because China has the ability to fire missles to the United States. These are things that i have heard over the last few days and do not know them to be a fact and i personally know nothing about it just what i was told.

No worries! Obama can talk to them...........................;) ;)

Keith7
02-19-2009, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
No worries! Obama can talk to them...........................;) ;)

If that story were true then I would feel much safer about Obama talking to them. Bush would have already sent troops to China without knowing if the story was true or not. Then two weeks from now we would have a huge conference on an air craft carrier saying "mission accomplished"

The satellites that were "shot down" collided with each other, and even NASA confirmed it saying , "we knew it was bound to happen"

crzyjournalist03
02-19-2009, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
If that story were true then I would feel much safer about Obama talking to them. Bush would have already sent troops to China without knowing if the story was true or not. Then two weeks from now we would have a huge conference on an air craft carrier saying "mission accomplished"

The satellites that were "shot down" collided with each other, and even NASA confirmed it saying , "we knew it was bound to happen"

WOW....just wow...

way to turn a thread about a meteor into a political bashing...

Thanks for ruining a perfectly good thread....:hand:

Keith7
02-19-2009, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
WOW....just wow...

way to turn a thread about a meteor into a political bashing...

Thanks for ruining a perfectly good thread....:hand:

so you are going to ignore the first message about Obama why?

ridiculous Obama crap like that has gone on this board ALOT lately and I've ignored it.. Nobody says a thing and then I say one thing to counter it, I'm the one turning this into a political bashing thread? give me a break

DDBooger
02-19-2009, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Obama can talk Unlike those in the not so distant past! lmao...:rolleyes:

China didn't shoot anything down, that would be an act of war. The U.S. would not cover it up, this ranks right up there with 9/11 conspiracy theories. I believe the satelite collided with a RUSSIAN satelite? A missile launch from China would have been detected by other nations that would not have been controlled by U.S. media obfuscation. We know they are capable of it, so are many other nations. IT would be inprudent, nonsensical action on their part and not worth the effort unless a military action were to ensue. And trust me, we'd be downing CHinese satelites as we speak.

pirate4state
02-19-2009, 05:05 PM
well shoot....i hadn't bothered to read this thread, but i do love reading Keith's post, he didn't start it, but i'm gonna end it :D

i was also gonna comment that every time i read the thread title the Deep Purple song pops in my head! :cool:

smoke on the water, fire in the sky