PDA

View Full Version : La Grange @ Manor

Mustang '89
09-27-2003, 03:47 PM
With the kickoff two weeks away, is it too early to discuss this matchup?

lepfan
09-27-2003, 04:05 PM
nope...it is never too early...

tigerSville_04
09-27-2003, 06:36 PM
Manor by 3 tds, Anthony S. will go off this game and they wont be able to stop him. And Manor will be ready for LGs running game.

3afan
09-27-2003, 07:06 PM
this is a good matchup and a VERY tough one to call .... Manor's on a roll but LG is LG .... i'll have to think about it

Pudlugger
09-27-2003, 07:17 PM
tigerSville_04:
Manor by 3 tds, Anthony S. will go off this game and they wont be able to stop him. And Manor will be ready for LGs running game.Whoa tigerSville_04, that is a bold prediction! I don't think the Mustangs have faced anyone as good as the Leps this year. Meanwhile the Leps have played Yoakum, Sealy and Gonzales. While they came out 1-2 all three games were very close and if not for two fumbles the Leps would be 5-0 right now. Who has Manor played except 4 push over Austin 4a soccer mom teams and a mediocre 3a team that will lose to Yoakum, Cuero and Gonzales? Pleeze be reasonable. The only way the Leps lose in this game is if they come out and turn the ball over like they did in games 1-3. If they play like they have the last 6 quarters Manor is history. :cool:
La Grange 34
Manor 14

Mustang '89
09-27-2003, 07:36 PM
Is that the same Gonzales team that took La Grange to the limit and the got beat by Austin Travis? By the way, Manor beat that same Travis team 27-0. Is that the same Gonzales team that had to go to overtime to beat Austin Johnston. By the way, Manor beat that team 72-28. So looking at your schedule I don't see many "quality wins" either. Where is Crystal City anyways?

Pudlugger
09-27-2003, 07:52 PM
Mustang '89:
Is that the same Gonzales team that took La Grange to the limit and the got beat by Austin Travis? By the way, Manor beat that same Travis team 27-0. Is that the same Gonzales team that had to go to overtime to beat Austin Johnston. By the way, Manor beat that team 72-28. So looking at your schedule I don't see many "quality wins" either. Where is Crystal City anyways?Gonzales will be third in district ahead of Luling which took Manor "to the limit". I just think Manor has had a padded schedule. The Austin football program is a joke with the exception of Westlake (the main source of Travis County tax revenue supporting their soft headed social programs) which still values the traditional ethics of competition and individual effort. Austin is a softspot in Texas football, everyone who knows whats going on will agree to that. Why doesn't Manor play some tough 3A teams and quite sucking up to the Austin 4a wannabe's? :mad:

<small>[ September 27, 2003, 07:56 PM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>

Gobbla2001
09-27-2003, 08:04 PM
Gonzales had a few key injuries in the loss and the OT win, one being their awesome QB Grey, which they had in against LG...

Gobbla2001
09-27-2003, 08:06 PM
Also, if you wanna do the 'comparing teams' thing, let's take a trip back to '00...

Gonzales beat La Grange, Gonzales loses to Yoakum...

Correct me if I'm wrong, Pud, but didn't La Grange put a HUGGGGGGGE whupping on Yoakum in the playoffs that year?

lepfan
09-27-2003, 08:07 PM
Some people don't take those things into consideration Gobbla...that is OK...let the LEPS surprise them. :D

Mustang '89
09-27-2003, 08:21 PM
If you read my post on your La Grange,Giddings, Manor, Elgin, I have already pointed out everything you are stating.
Pudlugger
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Manor is looking like a darkhorse champion but must beat Luling convincingly to make me stand up and take notice.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I could not agree with you more. Manor has been able to beat up on 4A Austin schools that are traditionally "weak". Luling will be the first real test that Manor has had all season. But I also think that if they go into Luling and come out with a "W", those teams in 24AAA that were counting Manor as an easy win might need to take another look. I just take exception to that fact that you are "playing up" some the teams that you are playing as being all world (Gonzales, Crystal City???) I can't get into a pissing contest with you about past history because obviously there is no comparision. I want to talk about this game, this year.

Gobbla2001
09-27-2003, 08:23 PM
Okay, read the first couple of replies in the 'La Grange center' post... As you'll see, La Grange has made some 'changes' in positions etc...

Pudlugger
09-27-2003, 08:24 PM
Gobbla2001:
Also, if you wanna do the 'comparing teams' thing, let's take a trip back to '00...

Gonzales beat La Grange, Gonzales loses to Yoakum...

Correct me if I'm wrong, Pud, but didn't La Grange put a HUGGGGGGGE whupping on Yoakum in the playoffs that year?That's right Goobla2001, Tye Gunn scored on the first play from scrimmage and it was thank you and Adios from there on out! :D

lepfan
09-27-2003, 08:30 PM
mustang...who is "playing up" Crystal City? As for the other teams you have to take into account the experience, injuries, and changes made from the previous games.

Pudlugger
09-27-2003, 08:38 PM
lepfan:
mustang...who is "playing up" Crystal City? As for the other teams you have to take into account the experience, injuries, and changes made from the previous games.Bottom line, Manor will be facing the toughest team that they have played yet. Manor has not faced an offensive line like La Grange, nor a defensive secondary anywhere near the caliber of the Leps. The contrast will be evident on the first series. Manor has their work cut out for them. :mad:

lepfan
09-27-2003, 08:48 PM
Not to mention these LG boys are gonna be ready to play!!! Some are turning into animals out there...Welch may be small but he is a tough little character! Mayer is all over the field. Hernandez faked them out of their shoes. Anderle had some awesome passes...just to mention a few. All the guys seemed to have more as umph out there on the field. They will show up ready to play...no doubt.

Gobbla2001
09-27-2003, 08:52 PM
I saw La Grange when we scrimmaged 'em, they have the athletes and it looks like all of the engines are turned on now, good to hear unless we play 'em again...

Mustang '89
09-27-2003, 09:41 PM
Pudlugger
Bottom line, Manor will be facing the toughest team that they have played yet. Manor has not faced an offensive line like La Grange, nor a defensive secondary anywhere near the caliber of the Leps. The contrast will be evident on the first series. Manor has their work cut out for them. I just don't buy into the fact that Manor is going to just "lay down" because "The Leopards" are coming to town. I just don't feel that this the same team that you rolled over in La Grange last year.

Gobbla2001
09-27-2003, 09:43 PM
I don't see where anyone said that Manor was going to 'lay down'...

Maybe I'm missin' something, I dunno...

bd62
09-27-2003, 09:58 PM
wow. two weeks before the game. this keeps up there will be some charged up people before the game. oh i forgot. thats why high school football is so great.

GoForIt
09-27-2003, 10:24 PM
La Grange 19, Manor 14

lepfan
09-27-2003, 10:26 PM
Mustang '89:
Pudlugger
Bottom line, Manor will be facing the toughest team that they have played yet. Manor has not faced an offensive line like La Grange, nor a defensive secondary anywhere near the caliber of the Leps. The contrast will be evident on the first series. Manor has their work cut out for them. I just don't buy into the fact that Manor is going to just "lay down" because "The Leopards" are coming to town. I just don't feel that this the same team that you rolled over in La Grange last year.</strong>

You are right it is not the same team as last year. Obviously!!! It is never the same team year after year. BTW, no one said Manor was "going to lay down" just because LG was coming to town. You are a bit testy...seems to me like you are a bit nervous...hmmmmm what do you all think???

<small>[ September 27, 2003, 10:28 PM: Message edited by: lepfan ]</small>

Mustang '89
09-27-2003, 10:30 PM
Ha Ha Ha!!!

lepfan
09-27-2003, 10:34 PM
Hit the nail on the head! Does Manor have this week off?

Mustang '89
09-27-2003, 10:38 PM
No Fear. Just that your post have an "air of invincibilty' about them. Almost overconfidence. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

<small>[ September 27, 2003, 11:16 PM: Message edited by: Mustang '89 ]</small>

Mustang '89
09-27-2003, 10:42 PM
Yes we do. They need the time off. Had a few players banged up trying to bring down that load of a running back from Luling. (E. Steen) What happened to the TE from La Grange? Read a post that said he had a laceration on the arm.

lepfan
09-27-2003, 10:50 PM
Mustang '89:
No Fear. Just that your post have an "air of invicibilty' about them. Almost overconfidence. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I am not over confident...I am far from it. I am always the one who looks at the "what if" side. I had no intentions of appearing over confident...I do have a lot of faith in our boys (and coaches)and their talent. I know what they are capable of doing...it is high school football, anything can happen. No, Manor is not a push over team. LG will have to show up ready to play ball. I just feel like our boys will be ready for a BALL GAME!!!! (as I am sure Manor will be)

<small>[ September 27, 2003, 10:52 PM: Message edited by: lepfan ]</small>

lepfan
09-27-2003, 10:52 PM
I think it was a re-injury from the turf last week, but not for positive.

Mustang '89
09-27-2003, 11:07 PM
I hope nothing that will keep him from playing.

lepfan
09-27-2003, 11:11 PM
Mustang '89:
I hope nothing that will keep him from playing.Schramm won't let a little laceration stop him from playing.

Pudlugger
09-28-2003, 08:53 AM
lepfan:

Mustang '89:
I hope nothing that will keep him from playing.Schramm won't let a little laceration stop him from playing.He'll be ready to play. :cool:

mustangrb21
09-28-2003, 09:53 PM
How do yall think that the backfields and recievers will match up???? Pudlugger ur talking about the leps secondary what about Manor's???

mustangrb21
09-28-2003, 09:55 PM
I don't think that the leps secondary can match up with the size and speed of the Mustang recievers...

Pudlugger
09-28-2003, 10:36 PM
mustangrb21:
I don't think that the leps secondary can match up with the size and speed of the Mustang recievers...The Lep secondary consists of #15 Sam Gunn, Strong Safety first team all district 24, Chris Neiser #19 second team all district 24, #1 Eric Pittman 6'1' 4.6, What do yall have? I don't think there is a better secondary in D24. So you must have some awesome receivers. We will see how you do when you throw the ball deep. We made 4 interceptions last Friday. :)

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
09-29-2003, 04:09 PM
Well I hope Manor beats LG, because I don't like LG(I'm from Giddings by the way..lol.)
Anyways, I will say this, "Good Luck to both teams" and my prediction would be, Manor by 2 TD.

oldlep27
09-29-2003, 05:36 PM
Well, since the old guys are coming out, im gonna say i hope La Grange rapes manor and giddings...... The leps never get overconfident!!! The reason we dont is because we are just a bunch of white boys(exception of about two) coached to play hard. Good luck to all the teams in 24aaa but what can i say....Leps should dominate!

Josh Tiemann #27
Texas A&M University 07
La Grange High School 03

Pudlugger
09-29-2003, 08:10 PM
La Grange is more than "a bunch of white boys" last I counted we were pretty well represented by anglos, hispanics and African Americans and of course Czechs and Bohemians!LOL

I think La Grange has success, while other perhaps equally talented teams do not, because of the great coaching and strong sense of cohesiveness on the team. These kids all practice and play together as one team and race and ethnicity are not in any way divisive factors. I am a little shocked by OldLep27s post and do not feel it is representative of La Grange's football program at all. We aim to beat Giddings and Manor in hard fought fair and clean games with all the players together as a team period. :o

Bellville22
09-29-2003, 09:15 PM
oldlep27:
Well, since the old guys are coming out, im gonna say i hope La Grange rapes manor and giddings...... The leps never get overconfident!!! The reason we dont is because we are just a bunch of white boys(exception of about two) coached to play hard. Good luck to all the teams in 24aaa but what can i say....Leps should dominate!

Josh Tiemann #27
Texas A&M University 07
La Grange High School 03WOW, this guy won't last too much longer on here with posts like that. Calm down there, Josh. These thoughts need to be saved for you and your buddies at the Chicken on Thurs. night.

I know enough LG people to know that, as Pudlugger said, the town certainly does not reflect this kind of attitude. They've got a great coach, great fans, and great kids, who coach, cheer, and play with class.

lepfan
09-29-2003, 09:53 PM
Pud and Bellville22---I second that. Josh, think before you post!

lepfan
09-29-2003, 09:57 PM
Pudlugger:
La Grange is more than "a bunch of white boys" last I counted we were pretty well represented by anglos, hispanics and African Americans and of course Czechs and Bohemians!LOL

I think La Grange has success, while other perhaps equally talented teams do not, because of the great coaching and strong sense of cohesiveness on the team. These kids all practice and play together as one team and race and ethnicity are not in any way divisive factors. I am a little shocked by OldLep27s post and do not feel it is representative of La Grange's football program at all. We aim to beat Giddings and Manor in hard fought fair and clean games with all the players together as a team period. :o Hey Pudlugger--there is even one Irish/Choctaw representing LG too--LOL wink

Pudlugger
09-29-2003, 10:02 PM
lepfan:

Pudlugger:

I think La Grange has success, while other perhaps equally talented teams do not, because of the great coaching and strong sense of cohesiveness on the team. These kids all practice and play together as one team and race and ethnicity are not in any way divisive factors. I am a little shocked by OldLep27s post and do not feel it is representative of La Grange's football program at all. We aim to beat Giddings and Manor in hard fought fair and clean games with all the players together as a team period. :o Hey Pudlugger--there is even one Irish/Choctaw representing LG too--LOL wink Yeah that's right! I actually thought about that too! :D

mustangrb21
09-29-2003, 10:47 PM
Our seconday consists of 2 corners that run faster than a 4.5 and two safety's at a 4.5.. By the way what does yall's tailback run???

Mustang '89
09-29-2003, 10:48 PM
Original post by oldlep27

Josh Tiemann #27 Was that really necessary? I think you gave us a little too much info!!!

Pudlugger
09-30-2003, 07:36 AM
mustangrb21:
Our seconday consists of 2 corners that run faster than a 4.5 and two safety's at a 4.5.. By the way what does yall's tailback run???It's not how fast they run in the 40 that will make the difference next week, it is how many times they will run over the Mustang defenders. The Mustang D will not be able to hold the line of scrimmage against the LG line. Hempstead had speed too and LG blew them out. Power and execution count in this game especially when you run right at the defense. The LG defense will not let the Mustangs turn the corner where the speed really kicks in. Look at the films if you doubt this. LG has played some pretty tough defenses and has scored at least 3 TDs against them. If it were not for two fumbles that gave Yoakum and Sealy the game, LG would be 5-0 not 3-2. Manor is a good team and fast, but don't underestimate LG. Good luck and play clean! :cool:

oldlep27
09-30-2003, 08:59 AM
First of all, Why am i getting so much flak?????? I didnt post this because of anything racial....All i was trying to say is that La Grange is good because we are a hard working football team. Last year, we didnt have talent that stood out from anyother teams, but we practiced hard and we went 11-2. La Grange is not known for haveing huge prospects better than anyone else.(exception of Tye Gunn and Mo Bauldwin) That is what i meant with the last post. Second, how dare you say that i dont represent a good attitute. Other than the (I hope la grange rapes giddings and manor)which I only put on there to respond back to Luis Contreras' post on how he hopes la grange loses because he dosnt like la grange, i do have a good attitude. I had a good attitude all six years i played football. Every varsity game i tried to be an example of a leader, and i was. Sorry if it sounds like im bragging now but im mad that you people responded so one sided without seeing my true reasons to post.
jt

oldlep27
09-30-2003, 09:06 AM
<small>[ September 30, 2003, 11:27 AM: Message edited by: oldlep27 ]</small>

Pudlugger
09-30-2003, 09:44 AM
oldlep27:
Also, I have decided that some of you people worry way to much about high school football. I loved high school football, more than anything, but when im a dad, im not gonna type on a computer about how good my son is or how good the towns football team is.(this is not pointed at pudlugger) Let the action happen on the field and not on the computer.Josh if you read your earlier post in an objective manner I'm sure you would want to change your choice of words. I know you and I do not think you purposely wanted to give folks the wrong impression, but your post did just that. I felt compelled to respond as I for one do not want folks to think poorly of my school or community. As LepFan said, think before you post. Also, there is nothing wrong with being proud of your team and your son.This board provides a forum for folks who want to express that pride so please don't critize someone for doing that. Finally, I disagree that the 2002 team lacked talent. I don't know where you got that impression (perhaps because in 2002 La Grange did not get much respect after the disapointing openner in Yoakum) but going 11-2 was not a fluke or solely due to good coaching and hard work (both of which describe this team well however). You do yourself a diservice as well as your teamates by saying LG lacked talent. If they had wanted at least 2 or 3 players last year including yourself could have moved on to the next level if they were willing to go to less prestigous football programs than UT or aTm (for example SWT, SHSU, Stephan F. Austin, Louisiana Tech, numerous DII or DIII teams etc.). BTW,I understand Greg Boothe walked on at aTm and is doing okay. I think many recent graduating players just made the decision to hang it up and concentrate on getting a good education at the traditional two schools that LGHS feeds into: UT and aTm. It is a matter of priorities rather than talent IMO. :)

offensive coach
09-30-2003, 11:07 AM
I would love for Manor to win but I don't see that happening. La Grange is off to a not so good start this year but I see them winning this game. Coach Valstro always knows when to kick into high gear. :cool:

Bellville22
09-30-2003, 11:13 AM
oldlep27:
Also, I have decided that some of you people worry way to much about high school football. I loved high school football, more than anything, but when im a dad, im not gonna type on a computer about how good my son is or how good the towns football team is.(this is not pointed at pudlugger) Let the action happen on the field and not on the computer.I don't think anyone is begging you to keep typing on this board. Feel free to stop now and we won't be bothering you anymore.

oldlep27
09-30-2003, 11:17 AM
Pudlugger
Now why did you go off and make me fell like an a**.
As soon as i got out of class, i came to erase my last post but it was too late. I understand that you are proud of your boy, and you do have the right to be. I was just mad that i got all the posts against what i said.. Your right though!! What i posted was really inapropriate.&lt;--maybe mispelled&gt;
I apologize about that post but it was all due to anger about the post before mine. It just seems that since we are usually a good team, everyone wants to see us fail, and that makes me mad.
Sorry about that.....
Ps. Greg is doing fine....he got to suit out for the pitt game. He was #39.
The class of 2003 has really done a great job on "representing"
Greg--------football Texas A&M
Andrew Muras------track A&M
Cody Koehler--------Tennis manager..could walk on A&M
Me----------Track A&M
Kevin Seifert-----------football-----Blinn
This is what i know.
Anyway.... Lets just forget about that awful post and get on for rooting for LG.
Good luck to your boy and tell him good luck for me.
jt

<small>[ September 30, 2003, 11:22 AM: Message edited by: oldlep27 ]</small>

Bellville22
09-30-2003, 11:20 AM
Hit wrong button and didn't finish...

...I for one enjoy reading all the talk on here. It keeps me up to date with what's going on around the state, and I learn a little about Bellville's opponents, especially in the playoffs when they meet teams I've never seen before. Pudlugger, for one, provides some very good insight on LG, and does it in a very respectable manner. I enjoy reading his write ups, and I think he enjoys some of the Bellville ones as well. He'll take a shot at the Bulls every once in a while, but that's what rivalries are about, and it's all in good fun, we return the favor every once in a while. :D You were right when you said you guys have a great coach, you do. You also have great fans, great kids, and a great program, don't ruin it by typing such things.

Pudlugger
09-30-2003, 11:31 AM
oldlep27:
Pudlugger
Good luck to your boy and tell him good luck for me.
jtThanks Josh I will. Also thanks for the update on our boys! Good luck in Track and keep hitting the books (and weights!). Peace. :)

oldlep27
09-30-2003, 11:32 AM
Bellville22
Did you get that im?

Pudlugger
09-30-2003, 11:35 AM
Bellville22:
Hit wrong button and didn't finish...

...I for one enjoy reading all the talk on here. It keeps me up to date with what's going on around the state, and I learn a little about Bellville's opponents, especially in the playoffs when they meet teams I've never seen before. Pudlugger, for one, provides some very good insight on LG, and does it in a very respectable manner. I enjoy reading his write ups, and I think he enjoys some of the Bellville ones as well. He'll take a shot at the Bulls every once in a while, but that's what rivalries are about, and it's all in good fun, we return the favor every once in a while. :D You were right when you said you guys have a great coach, you do. You also have great fans, great kids, and a great program, don't ruin it by typing such things.Thanks Bellville 22 those are some kind words! Good luck in college and keep posting as I enjoy your insight as well (but please no more fortune readings like LG-Sealy!). :D

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
09-30-2003, 01:26 PM
Hey oldlep, I just got a chance to read all the post after mine, and I'm sorry it caused all this drama, but I basically just gave my prediction/opinion. By the way, I know LG, has a good program, they have always had a good program and hopefully will continue to be a good football team in the years to come. But I just want Manor to win. But like I said I'm sorry for all the drama that just went on in these last post.
Giddings vs. Caldwell
Giddings by 2 TD
Go Buffs Go.

oldlep27
09-30-2003, 06:08 PM
NO Problem Luis, I got a little worked up but the drama is over...
No harm done
Josh

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
09-30-2003, 07:34 PM
Well that's kewl,
Well Hope LG makes it deep in the playoffs again

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
10-02-2003, 09:37 AM
Good luck to both teams.
I'll say LG, by 2 TDs

Pudlugger
10-02-2003, 09:27 PM
luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv:
Good luck to both teams.
I'll say LG, by 2 TDsNow that's what I'm talkin 'bout! :D Thanks LFNU!

Mustang '89
10-03-2003, 12:48 AM
Original post by luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv:

Well I hope Manor beats LG, because I don't like LG(I'm from Giddings by the way..lol.)
Anyways, I will say this, "Good Luck to both teams" and my prediction would be, Manor by 2 TD.
Revised post by luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv:

Good luck to both teams.
I'll say LG, by 2 TDs
Did you leave your backbone somewhere between Giddings and Northwood Univ.? STOP APOLOGIZING!!! YOU DID NOTHING WRONG!! You don't have to change your thoughts to make everyone feel better.

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
10-03-2003, 09:13 AM
After considering both teams thoroughly, I pick LG, just to have a good prediction, but still I would prefer Mano to win.

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
10-03-2003, 10:53 AM
Mano*

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
10-03-2003, 10:54 AM
I keep on typing it wrong,
lol.
Manor.

By the way, GO BUFFS GO.

Pudlugger
10-03-2003, 05:08 PM
Can Manor's D stop the Lep Offense? The Leopard offense this year is much more balanced than in years past. If Manor brings its linebackers up to stop the run, Anderle will burn them on the pass. Since the realignment in the interior line, I don't think Manor has the horses to get to the Qb. Anderle will have plenty of time to pick out his receivers. By the same token, if the linebackers pull back to defense the pass, watch for big yardage over the center and tackles. I wonder how strong the Manor O is, if Luling held them to only 13 points. The Lep defense has improved immensely since the Sealy game when it became evident the middle was breaking down. The fact that Krause does not have to play both ways as Mlb and center really reinforces the middle. Also, with three or four guys rotating in at DT and noseguard there is depth.

I think the Manor/La Grange game will be a breakout night for the Leopard offense with Anderle putting it all together. :cool:

La Grange 42
Manor 13

<small>[ October 03, 2003, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
10-06-2003, 11:36 AM
LG, by 3 TD's.
Smitville vs Giddings
Giddings by 3 TD's
GO BUFFS GO

Pudlugger
10-06-2003, 07:37 PM
luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv:
LG, by 3 TD's.
Smitville vs Giddings
Giddings by 3 TD's
GO BUFFS GOLFNU you have been converted! Welcome aboard! The Leopards are going to start showing some claws this week, wait and see. :D

La Grange 42
Manor 13