PDA

View Full Version : 5 Navasota Rattlers sign with colleges...

navscanmaster
02-14-2009, 03:13 PM
From the Navasota Examiner:

Newspaper Article (http://www.navasotaexaminer.com/articles/2009/02/13/sports/sports02.txt)

On Wednesday, Feb. 4, four Navasota Rattlers took their football accomplishments to another level, signing national letters of intent with colleges and universities in Texas.

There would have been five Navasota players to sign Wednesday, but because running back Dexter Pratt graduated in December and has enrolled at Oklahoma State University, his status as a student in Stillwater, Okla., already puts him in the Cowboys' stable.

Wide receiver Gaston Lamascus completed his paperwork as a preferred walk-on at Texas A&M University. He'll be joined at A&M by scholarship wide reveiver Brandal Jackson.

Headed across the twin rivers to national power Blinn College in Brenham will be receiver Antron Harris, and quarterback Jacolby Stokes signed with the Kilgore College Rangers, one of the nation's historically strong junior colleges.

gobbler grad
02-14-2009, 04:10 PM
congrats to these fine athletes and good luck at the next level...:clap:

HEMOTOXIC
02-14-2009, 04:31 PM
Good luck boys in college. :clap:

astrofan
02-14-2009, 06:38 PM
wat happened to pratt at LSU? I initially heard he was going there.

Electus Unus
02-14-2009, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by astrofan
wat happened to pratt at LSU? I initially heard he was going there. They told him he'd have a shot at RB but he showed up and they had him at linebacker so he said screw that and bolted. Switched his commitment to Okie State and eventually signed with them.

j_dog
02-14-2009, 06:49 PM
Congratulations to all these players! :clap:

This just proves the Rattlers were loaded!

navscanmaster
02-15-2009, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
Congratulations to all these players! :clap:

This just proves the Rattlers were loaded!

Yeah, but if you notice, it was our entire offensive skill position lineup.:(

Stownhorse
02-15-2009, 03:20 PM
Whats this year looking like?

navscanmaster
02-15-2009, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Whats this year looking like?

Our defense will be strong enough to keep us on track for a winning season. The offense will have to reload, but a good, not great, offensive line will help them gel, IMO. LB Kesnick Jones is a really good RB, and he will be a junior next year. I think the QB position will be filled by Day from the JV. Gessner, last year's fullback, is a good quarterback, but has not played the position in a year. There are several good athletes at receiver, but I don't think we will have anything comparable to BJ and Gator.