PDA

View Full Version : I'm Hungry

ronwx5x
02-14-2009, 01:57 PM
Got to thinking about those recipes for Carne Guisada and I'm going to make some Monday since I'm off for President's day. If anyone is interested, here is a recipe that I sort of made up from several others. It is Spanish, not Mexican or Tex-Mex. I have had nothing but compliments, some even said "best meal I ever had." It's doesn't take long to cook but the prep work takes some time. There are some obvious shortcuts if you prefer but I work from scratch. My wife has asked me to fix it for several special occasions so it must be pretty good (or maybe it just beats her having to cook)!

Pollo a la Chilindron

3-4 Boneless chicken breasts, cut up
2 tbsp olive oil
2-3 green peppers, Anaheim or banana
2 large onions cut up
2 cloves garlic or 1½ tsp pre-diced
6 green olives, sliced
6 black olives, sliced
1 cup Serrano or smoked ham diced
1 cup white wine
1½ tsp paprika
4-6 med tomatoes – peeled, seeded, and finely chopped

Saute the chicken in the olive oil until brown and set aside.
Saute the green peppers, onion, garlic, and olives. Add
the ham, wine, paprika, and tomatoes, simmer uncovered
until chicken is fully cooked, about 25 minutes.

The original recipes I combined called for cutting up a whole chicken, but I prefer breasts.

I serve it with just a salad and bread. It serves 4-5 decent size portions depending on how hungry your guests are.

If you try it let me know what you think.

ILS1
02-14-2009, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Got to thinking about those recipes for Carne Guisada and I'm going to make some Monday since I'm off for President's day. If anyone is interested, here is a recipe that I sort of made up from several others. It is Spanish, not Mexican or Tex-Mex. I have had nothing but compliments, some even said "best meal I ever had." It's doesn't take long to cook but the prep work takes some time. There are some obvious shortcuts if you prefer but I work from scratch. My wife has asked me to fix it for several special occasions so it must be pretty good (or maybe it just beats her having to cook)!

Pollo a la Chilindron

3-4 Boneless chicken breasts, cut up
2 tbsp olive oil
2-3 green peppers, Anaheim or banana
2 large onions cut up
2 cloves garlic or 1½ tsp pre-diced
6 green olives, sliced
6 black olives, sliced
1 cup Serrano or smoked ham diced
1 cup white wine
1½ tsp paprika
4-6 med tomatoes – peeled, seeded, and finely chopped

Saute the chicken in the olive oil until brown and set aside.
Saute the green peppers, onion, garlic, and olives. Add
the ham, wine, paprika, and tomatoes, simmer uncovered
until chicken is fully cooked, about 25 minutes.

The original recipes I combined called for cutting up a whole chicken, but I prefer breasts.

I serve it with just a salad and bread. It serves 4-5 decent size portions depending on how hungry your guests are.

If you try it let me know what you think.

Sounds more like Italian than Spanish with all the Olive Oil,Olives and Garlic sans some of the peppers!!!!

:D :D :D

ronwx5x
02-14-2009, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
Sounds more like Italian than Spanish with all the Olive Oil,Olives and Garlic sans some of the peppers!!!!

Sort of does, but the name is Spanish, thus the assumption! Regardless, it's good.

:thinking:

ronwx5x
02-14-2009, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by ILS1

Here's what it says on one recipe. Definitely Spanish from the Aragon region around Zaragoza Spain.

http://www.shaboomskitchen.com/archives/fowl/chilindron.html

:D