PDA

View Full Version : Needvile upsets #4 Stafford

astrofan
02-14-2009, 01:06 PM
Needville came out fired up for Stafford and took a huge win in Needville. The jays trailed Stafford by as much as 18 throughout the game but railed in the fourth for a 71-69 victory. Needville scored 28 points in the last 4 MIN of the game to absolutely stun the Spartans. Needville was lead by Bradley Porras inside with 14 points and Mason Briscoe on the perimeter with 16. Creed Henry also poured in 13 clutch points when the Jays needed them. It was an all around great game with an electrifying atmosphere.

JR2004
02-14-2009, 01:08 PM
WOW...How in the world does a team give up 28 points in the last four minutes of the game?

maestro
02-14-2009, 01:09 PM
needville fans do support their guys...

huge positive for coach blank.....and deservingly so..

HEMOTOXIC
02-14-2009, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
WOW...How in the world does a team give up 28 points in the last four minutes of the game?

Ditto :thinking:

IHStangFan
02-15-2009, 08:44 PM
WOOHOO!!! GO JAYS!!! Now I'm glad I didn't go....I'd of jinxed em!! LOL. I am just finding this out as I was hog hunting all weekend.

CONGRATS JAYS!!

STAggie
02-15-2009, 09:59 PM
I called this. Teams like Needville who play very controlled basketball usually can sneak up on teams like Stafford who love to run and gun, especially when they think they have a sure win and don't take the game as serious as they should. Congrats Jays!

jaydog34
02-16-2009, 09:44 AM
this was a great game played by both teams. I got to see this game first hand and it was all that people are saying it was. Both teams shot the ball extremely well. and needville couldnt miss in the second half. even with their good shooting they were down 15 in the 4th quarter. but somehow found a way to win. they play such disciplined basketball and play harder than any team i have seen on defense. very structured program. very very welled coached. there coach is a new guy this year dont know much about him, but wow.