PDA

View Full Version : Everman reaches a milestone

Matthew328
03-01-2003, 01:30 AM
For only the second time in school history Everman got to 30 wins...good job guys..now take it one step further and become the first team to advance to Austin in 49 years!
By the way the only other Everman hoops team to get to 30 wins was the 1997-1998 squad that went 31-4 in Class 4A and was ranked in the USA Today National Top 25 and was Number one in the state and the Southwest Region (Texas, New Mexico, Lousiana and Arkansas) in all classifications..and that team...your truly was a part of..(I just couldn't resist plugging us..LOL)

fwisd
03-01-2003, 08:02 AM
Had kinda forgotten about that team, Matthew - was a good one, huh? Read about them a bunch in the Star-Telegram - didn't get to see them play - no harm in reminding us of things you should be proud of. It can be done without bragging, ya know! LOL

Matthew328
03-01-2003, 10:54 AM
Yeah we were pretty good fwisd...LOL wish Dunbar woulda played us..but at the time Dunbar was in its last year in 5A and Coach Hughes had no intrest in playing a 4A school..we did play Eastern Hills though

Old Dog
03-01-2003, 11:48 AM
Matthew, thanks for the "inside" info on Everman. For a sports freak like myself I love all of those distant facts (pretty dang recent actually)!

fwisd
03-01-2003, 12:13 PM
That wasn't so long ago was it, Matt - you're just a kid! LOL Yeah - I remember when Dunbar played up - they kinda thought it was an "insult" to play 4A schools - but hey - that's okay - can't take anything away from them. Saw the Dunbar highlights and the Everman, too in tv this morning. 79-69 didn't sound like much of a whipping, but then when I saw the highlights - oh, boy. Kudos to the kid who almost wiped out Tocco when he flew across the table - that was great! Everman can hoop - that's for sure - they looked good on the highlights - good luck to them this evening - I may live in Decatur - but grew up on the outskirts of FW and had friends in most of the area schools - FW will always be my "home" next to my hometown of Texarkana, of course. And, I have so much respect for the coahes and teachers who choose the inner city - ya know Coach D at EH has been there since 1973 - and he lives in Everman.

Matthew328
03-01-2003, 12:20 PM
LOL ohh yeah I see Coach Donaldson all the time at the gas station....he lives about 3 blocks from me....