PDA

View Full Version : SO....I just recieved my certificate...

IHStangFan
02-13-2009, 12:53 PM
From the US Army SERE school. As an active duty Army soldier I was privy to this school at Ft. Bragg, NC as a "bad guy" and got to "role play" and give the soldiers hell who rolled through the school. Now as a contractor I've had to take the course online. At first I laughed and taunted the idea of "SERE online?!?!?!" After completing the course I can honestly say there was some good material and training in the course and I took many notes and scored a 100 on the exam. Hope I never have to put any of this training into use.

Just thought I'd share. :)

SERE = Survival, Evasion, Resistance & Escape

Ranger Mom
02-13-2009, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
From the US Army SERE school. As an active duty Army soldier I was privy to this school at Ft. Bragg, NC as a "bad guy" and got to "role play" and give the soldiers hell who rolled through the school. Now as a contractor I've had to take the course online. At first I laughed and taunted the idea of "SERE online?!?!?!" After completing the course I can honestly say there was some good material and training in the course and I took many notes and scored a 100 on the exam. Hope I never have to put any of this training into use.

Just thought I'd share. :)

SERE = Survival, Evasion, Resistance & Escape

Hey.....I know somebody that is doing this.....just not online!!

IHStangFan
02-13-2009, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Hey.....I know somebody that is doing this.....just not online!! the school itself....back in my day at Ft. Bragg was pretty grueling!! Was GLAD to do it from the "safety" of a computer screen this go around, LOL.

mac77
02-13-2009, 05:30 PM
Stang man, we had to do SERE, winter survival, over-water survival, and desert survival. Talk about something sucking royally. I'm just glad I never did the POW stuff; I hear that's the worst.

IHStangFan
02-13-2009, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by mac77
Stang man, we had to do SERE, winter survival, over-water survival, and desert survival. Talk about something sucking royally. I'm just glad I never did the POW stuff; I hear that's the worst. that's good stuff.....good training for any situation where you may be out in the elements either evading or just trying to survive.

Rabid Cougar
02-13-2009, 09:10 PM
Don't forget your authentication answers! They will shot you if you get them wrong.

Did you pass your Medical Evac computer coarse?