PDA

View Full Version : Homeworkd Assignment For Today

PPHSfan
02-13-2009, 12:28 PM
I would like someone who has the time to perform the following test and post the results.

First: Find a program like Turbo-Tax and use it to determine the tax-paid/ tax-refund for the following three people for comparison.

Subject number one: Married with three children under the age of eighteen living at home with mom and dad. Rents a house and works as a draftsman. Earns $50,000.00 a year and wife works part-time and brings in an extra $10,000.00

Subject number two: Married with three children under the age of eighteen living at home with mom and dad. Rents a house and works as an attorney. Earns $140,000.00 a year and wife works part-time and brings in an extra $10,000.00

Subject number three:Married with three children under the age of eighteen living at home with mom and dad. Rents a house and works as a CEO of a mid-sized company. Earns $500,000.00 a year and wife works part-time and brings in an extra $10,000.00

Surbject number four: Married with three children under the age of eighteen living at home with mom and dad. Rents a house and bounces between jobs but still managed to earn $20,000.00 this year. Wife earned an extra $7,000.00 working at the cafe.

All of the above folks work for companies, and received a w2 at the end of the year.

Good Luck

There will be a nice prize for the best homework grade.

Ranger Mom
02-13-2009, 12:31 PM
dont' we need to know how many they claimed on their w-4.....or how much tax was taken out on the w-2?

Taxact.com can figure it for you....just have to use bogus SS #'s, etc.

Also....doesn't the child credit stop at age 16??

They can still be an exemption but you can't get the tax credit if they are over 16.

I seem to remember something about that last year.

I no longer have dependents :weeping: so I didn't have to think about that his year.

Disclaimer: I am NOT crying because my kids have grown up and moved on, I am crying because my tax return sure don't look like it used to!!:p

PPHSfan
02-13-2009, 12:33 PM
They all claimed exactly what they have, and the amount taken out during the year is irrelevant to the end result. You can just put in one thousand dollars for all four subjects.

Black_Magic
02-13-2009, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
dont' we need to know how many they claimed on their w-4.....or how much tax was taken out on the w-2?

Taxact.com can figure it for you....just have to use bogus SS #'s, etc. yes you need more information.

Ranger Mom
02-13-2009, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
They all claimed exactly what they have, and the amount taken out during the year is irrelevant to the end result. You can just put in one thousand dollars for all four subjects.

Okay....well I edited above.....had another question!

PPHSfan
02-13-2009, 12:36 PM
OK,

They are all under the age of 15

Ranger Mom
02-13-2009, 12:38 PM
OK,

They are all under the age of 15

I don't know why I am asking....I'm not even doing it!!:p

PPHSfan
02-13-2009, 12:38 PM
I guess in fairness i should also replace the word "wife" with the word "spouse". As the woman could just as easily be the main breadwinner.

SintonFan
02-13-2009, 12:54 PM
Prize?
Sweet!

PPHSfan
02-13-2009, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Prize?
Sweet!

Dinner for two at the restraunt of my choice. LOL

IHStangFan
02-13-2009, 01:01 PM
LOL...I see where this is going and I like the way you think. I'm curious to see if my notion on how the results will turn out is right.

pirate4state
02-13-2009, 01:41 PM
A prize? yeah right

PPHSfan
02-13-2009, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
A prize? yeah right

Are you skeered to try?

pancho villa
02-13-2009, 02:08 PM
I'm getting $7100 back! My peoples get all kinds of deductions.

pirate4state
02-13-2009, 02:10 PM
Are you skeered to try?

Not at all. I have prepared a dozen tax returns this year. I'm sick of doing it. I just remembered that you never bought Gary that DL t-shirt when you dished out a previous "assignment".

PPHSfan
02-13-2009, 02:12 PM
Not at all. I have prepared a dozen tax returns this year. I'm sick of doing it. I just remembered that you never bought Gary that DL t-shirt when you dished out a previous "assignment".

That was not me who dropped the ball on that deal and Gary knows it. A former poster who.....nevermind. I can't believe you would stoop to that. et tu P4S?

pirate4state
02-13-2009, 02:20 PM
That was not me who dropped the ball on that deal and Gary knows it. A former poster who.....nevermind. I can't believe you would stoop to that. et tu P4S? If there is a backstory, I don't know it.

All I know is you offered a shirt and a shirt was never delivered. We can blame it on Aggie John! :D

PPHSfan
02-13-2009, 02:22 PM
If there is a backstory, I don't know it.

All I know is you offered a shirt and a shirt was never delivered. We can blame it on Aggie John! :D

Never Delivered is the key word.

The shirt was ordered. I was not in control of manufacturing and distribution.

I can't believe I'm having to defend myself here.

You should ask Ranger Mom, Jason, Talena, Mark, and Rueben if I pay up when I promise.

pirate4state
02-13-2009, 02:26 PM

You should ask Ranger Mom, Jason, Talena, Mark, and Rueben if I pay up when I promise.

Oh quit being a baby!

PPHSfan
02-13-2009, 02:27 PM
Oh quit being a baby!

Bite me you phsyco hose beast:D

pirate4state
02-13-2009, 02:27 PM
Bite me you phsyco hose beast:D

I can't. My lips are chapped! :D

Ranger Mom
02-13-2009, 02:32 PM

:weeping: :weeping: I'm the only one who doesn't have a name!!!

PPHSfan
02-13-2009, 02:34 PM
:weeping: :weeping: I'm the only one who doesn't have a name!!!

Good Lord your hormones are raging today.:D

Ranger Mom
02-13-2009, 02:37 PM
Good Lord your hormones are raging today.:D

I am having the dreaded hysterectomy done next Thursday....so I guess y'all will have to deal with me until then!!:tongue:

You don't even know my name...do you!??:p

PPHSfan
02-13-2009, 02:42 PM
I am having the dreaded hysterectomy done next Thursday....so I guess y'all will have to deal with me until then!!:tongue:

Are you serious?

PPHSfan
02-13-2009, 02:45 PM

Do you think it say's Ranger Mom in my telephone?

Ranger Mom
02-13-2009, 02:46 PM
Are you serious?

About which one??

The surgery...yeah, I'm serious!!

And....I know you know my name!!:p