Brookshire Royal @ #10 Sweeny
Last meeting 1/27 @ Brookshire Royal:
Sweeny 70
Brookshire Royal 64

Wharton @ West Columbia
Last meeting 1/27 @ Wharton:
West Columbia 60
Wharton 43

Stafford has secured the district champ and #1 seed.

Sweeny is in 2nd place and will maintain it unless Needville manages a win over Stafford and Sweeny loses to BR.

If Brookshire Royal is able to sneak one past Sweeny and then beat Needville next Tues. they can leapfrog Needville I believe.

I will post scores after tonight's games.

Fellow Jays fans.....help me get this right!! LOL.

Thanks!

jaydog34
02-13-2009, 11:03 AM
stafford is 8-0
sweeny is 5-3
needville is 5-3
royal is 4-4
west columbia is 2-6
wharton is 0-8

if sweeny beats sweeny then sweeny moves to 5-4 and royal moves to 5-4

which means those two would be tied since they have split both of thier games.

needville has beaten royal once and lost to sweeny twice. so the game that would matter would be the needville royal game next tuesday.

if needville wins tonight then they clinch a play off spot with a sweeny win.

if sweeny wins and needville loses then it would be neeville with a 5-4 record and royal with a 4-6 record. then it comes down to the tuesday night game. needville wins they are in, if royal wins then they will have to have a playoff game for the playoffs.

sweeny and needville can both clinch with wins tonight.

IHStangFan
02-13-2009, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by jaydog34
stafford is 8-0
sweeny is 5-3
needville is 5-3
royal is 4-4
west columbia is 2-6
wharton is 0-8

if sweeny beats sweeny then sweeny moves to 5-4 and royal moves to 5-4

which means those two would be tied since they have split both of thier games.

needville has beaten royal once and lost to sweeny twice. so the game that would matter would be the needville royal game next tuesday.

if needville wins tonight then they clinch a play off spot with a sweeny win.

if sweeny wins and needville loses then it would be neeville with a 5-4 record and royal with a 4-6 record. then it comes down to the tuesday night game. needville wins they are in, if royal wins then they will have to have a playoff game for the playoffs.

sweeny and needville can both clinch with wins tonight. would the tie breaker between BR and Needville not be the Needville win over BR in the tourney earlier this year?

LH Panther Mom
02-13-2009, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
would the tie breaker between BR and Needville not be the Needville win over BR in the tourney earlier this year?
Tourneys don't count - only district play does.

jaydog34
02-13-2009, 11:26 AM
nope district play is district play. basically all needville had to do is win one more game in regular season and they are in. i heard that they have 25 wins for the season which ties the mark for the schools best record in school history. i heard 25-8 was the best record ever in the schools history. which means one more win gets them into the playoffs which has not happen in forever and would set the school record for wins in a season. great season for the jays. i would like to see them get in. sweeny had to win one more game and needville has to win one more game. even if sweeny loses tonight then they can still win thier final game and get in. same with needville. sweeny has wharton thier last game of the season so if they lose tonight they go to 5-4 beat wharton and finsih 6-4, royal would move to 5-4 with a win tonight and then have to play needville for the final game of the season two wins in a row puts them in. a lost tonight and a win tuesday would put them in a tie with needville and they would ahve a playoff game for a playoff spot probably at a nuetral site. but if needville wins and sweeny wins then they are in.

IHStangFan
02-13-2009, 11:31 AM
I wonder how D25 is panning out and who will get who in the playoffs? I'd say I like D26's chances in the post season early on.

jaydog34
02-13-2009, 12:09 PM
well la grange and bellville are playing for the district title tonight from what i hear. and they i think its smithville for third.

so it looks like this

bellvile wins

bellville - 1st
la grange - 2nd
smithville - 3rd

la grange wins

la grange - 1st
bellville - 2nd
smithville - 3rd

BB21
02-13-2009, 12:38 PM
So I wonder if Bellville wins tonight, will they play again for the championship or will they just flip a coin to see who is what. So its looking like Needville will play either Bellville or LaGrange in the first round of the playoffs. And Sweeny will get Smithville. Looks like pretty tough first round games!

jaydog34
02-13-2009, 02:48 PM
the two big games of the night are bellville vs. la grange and sweeny vs royal. sweeny is fighting to clinch and royal is fighting to stay in it. should be a good one on both ends.

IHStangFan
02-13-2009, 03:02 PM
the bi-district round should be some good basketball!! I may go to the Needville game tonight. My sister and I usually try to make the games. She played bball in HS and LOVE to watch HS basketball. She'll be the one nobody recognizes yelling "FOUL THEM!!!" at the end of the game, LOL.

astrofan
02-14-2009, 12:41 PM
Needville came out fired up for Stafford and took a huge win in Needville. The jays trailed Stafford by as much as 18 throughout the game but railed in the fourth for a 71-69 victory. Needville scored 28 points in the last 4 MIN of the game to absolutely stun the Spartans. Needville was lead by Bradley Porras inside with 14 points and Mason Briscoe on the perimeter with 16. Creed Henry also poured in 13 clutch points when the Jays needed them. It was an all around great game was an electrifying atmosphere.

IHStangFan
02-15-2009, 08:55 PM
Needville 71
Stafford 69

Sweeny 48
Brookshire Royal 39

West Columbia 60
Wharton 52