PDA

View Full Version : Best Austin seafood?????

STANG RED
02-12-2009, 11:55 PM
I'll be in Austin Saturday and plan to take my daughter out for a valentines meal. She loves seafood. Where should I take her, and where is it located. I really want to take her somewhere nice.

Bigworm
02-13-2009, 12:03 AM
Pappadeaux or Catfish Parlour?

SintonFan
02-13-2009, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I'll be in Austin Saturday and plan to take my daughter out for a valentines meal. She loves seafood. Where should I take her, and where is it located. I really want to take her somewhere nice.
Go to Corpus Christi. It's a short drive for fresh seafood!

c-town_balla
02-13-2009, 12:11 AM
Pappadeaux is amazing even if it is a chain. I hear the best is Truluck's but I am sure it is ridiculously expensive.

pero chato
02-13-2009, 12:12 AM
for sushi it's Uchi, but very expensive. It's on south Lamar.

STANG RED
02-13-2009, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
Pappadeaux is amazing even if it is a chain. I hear the best is Truluck's but I am sure it is ridiculously expensive.

Trulucks is the name I was trying to think of. I've heard it's really good. Do you know where it is?

c-town_balla
02-13-2009, 12:17 AM
Downtown Colorado and 4th.

STANG RED
02-13-2009, 12:18 AM
Nevermind, I just looked up Trulucks. It's downtown on Colorado St., just a block off Congress. I can get to that easy. Thanks!

pero chato
02-13-2009, 12:18 AM
Trulucks is the name I was trying to think of. I've heard it's really good. Do you know where it is?

400 colorado street
really good seafood

SintonFan
02-13-2009, 12:19 AM
Pappadeaux has nice service and atmosphere but is over-priced for the product. I'd rather eat a bologna sandwich than go there.:D

Bigworm
02-13-2009, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Pappadeaux has nice service and atmosphere but is over-priced for the product. I'd rather eat a bologna sandwich than go there.:D

Have you ever been to Fogo De Chao's? Very over priced but the you cant get the service anywhere else. We went there the other week and it was 250 for the 4 of us.

WylieBulldog92
02-13-2009, 12:51 AM
Pappadeaux = overrated
But there is the best cajun food you could get in Texas in Weatherford.=== coming from a Louisiana native.

big daddy russ
02-13-2009, 01:36 AM
This is sad, but Pappadeaux is probably the best seafood I've had here in Houston. It's alright, but it's just one of the 5 million reasons I'm trying like no other to get out of this hell hole and back down to the Corpus area.

When you grow up riding your bike down to the bulkheads, catching some reds and specks, then going home and eating them less than an hour after they were pulled out of the water, Pappadeaux just doesn't cut it.

ILS1
02-13-2009, 01:50 AM
Try Captain Benny's off of I-35 and 290, close to Baby A's. Great food!!! They get fresh oysters daily. Try the Diablo Shrimp!!! Yummy!!!!

:D :D :D

I_Do_Care
02-13-2009, 02:03 AM
Kenichis has great sushi, expensive, but worth it.

SintonFan
02-13-2009, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by Bigworm
Have you ever been to Fogo De Chao's? Very over priced but the you cant get the service anywhere else. We went there the other week and it was 250 for the 4 of us.
How many lattes did yall order? Lattes=expensive drinks of course.
I have not been there BW...

SintonFan
02-13-2009, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
This is sad, but Pappadeaux is probably the best seafood I've had here in Houston. It's alright, but it's just one of the 5 million reasons I'm trying like no other to get out of this hell hole and back down to the Corpus area.

When you grow up riding your bike down to the bulkheads, catching some reds and specks, then going home and eating them less than an hour after they were pulled out of the water, Pappadeaux just doesn't cut it.
What folks in SA consider "fresh seafood" doesn't cut it for me. Nothing like fresh fish or never frozen shrimp! You know the difference immediately.:)

TMer25
02-13-2009, 08:01 AM
Trulucks or Eddie V's

BreckTxLonghorn
02-13-2009, 11:27 AM
Nevermind, I just looked up Trulucks. It's downtown on Colorado St., just a block off Congress. I can get to that easy. Thanks!

If you don't have reservations for Truluck's yet, you won't get in. It's worth a call, but realize EVERYTHING is slammed on Valentine's Day. There's also a Truluck's on 183 & Great Hills, maybe a better chance of getting in.

Catfish parlor is awesome, though not the 'nicest' place. You could probably get in though on V-Day.

Gumbo's is Cajun seafood and great, but again, if you don't have reservations, it will be tough.

Check out Citysearch - it will help you on great seafood!

STANG RED
02-15-2009, 11:30 PM
Well Truluck's reservations were all filled up for Valentines Day, and they arent even open for lunch on Saturdays, so we had no luck there. But my daughter took us to a little mexican food place on Guadalupe that she likes call El Patio. I didnt think it was anything special, but the food was good enough and they had ice cold Carta Blanca beer to wash it all down with. Most of all I got to spend several hours with my daughter, which was the most important part, so I consider the day a huge success.
I am anxious to try Truluck's some day though. And I'd like to try some of the other suggestions you guys submitted. Thanks for all the suggestions!

Daddy D 11
02-16-2009, 12:17 AM
Well Truluck's reservations were all filled up for Valentines Day, and they arent even open for lunch on Saturdays, so we had no luck there. But my daughter took us to a little mexican food place on Guadalupe that she likes call El Patio. I didnt think it was anything special, but the food was good enough and they had ice cold Carta Blanca beer to wash it all down with. Most of all I got to spend several hours with my daughter, which was the most important part, so I consider the day a huge success.
I am anxious to try Truluck's some day though. And I'd like to try some of the other suggestions you guys submitted. Thanks for all the suggestions!

My Grandmothers brother and sister own El Patio:D
I've been eating there since I was a baby.

Gontex
02-16-2009, 11:39 AM
Go to Corpus Christi. It's a short drive for fresh seafood!

It may be a short drive from Sinton, but it's a minimum of a three hour drive from Austin.