PDA

View Full Version : Miley Cyrus Getting Sued $4 Billion (That's With A "B") Over Photo

ILS1
02-12-2009, 08:18 PM
LOS ANGELES - The uproar over the Miley Cyrus photo that some Asian groups have deemed offensive has spilled over to the courtroom.

According to court documents obtained by Access Hollywood, a Los Angeles woman is suing Miley over the photograph — for an amount that could add up to over $4 billion.

According to court documents, Lucie J. Kim, who brought the suit against the pop star, claims to represent over 1 million people of Asian Pacific Islander descent in the Los Angeles area. Kim claims that she and others are victims "of [Cyrus’] discriminatory acts.”

The photo in question, which surfaced online last week, shows Cyrus with a group of friends, including boyfriend Justin Gaston, slanting their eyes and squinting at the camera. The teen queen initially called the photo uproar “something out of nothing,” and said she was “simply making a goofy face.”

On Monday, Cyrus addressed the controversial photo again on her official fansite, saying,” I really wanted to stress how sorry I am if the photo of me with my friends offended anyone.”

In the suit filed in LA County Superior Court, Kim claims that each Asian Pacific Islander in L.A. County, which the suit approximates to be around 1 million, is entitled to a minimum of $4,000 for a civil-rights violation stemming from the photograph. The damages could exceed $4 billion.

Kim goes on to claim that Cyrus “knew or should have known that her image would be publicly disseminated via the media, which Cyrus knew focused on her private life.”

The suit goes on to allege that the star “had actual knowledge that her conduct was in fact a form of racism, prejudice and mockery of the physical attributes of Asian Pacific Islanders.”

Reps for Cyrus could not be reached for comment.

Story Link (www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29168600/)

kepdawg
02-12-2009, 08:22 PM
Did the woman file a suit against the Spanish men's basketball team? :thinking:

eagles_victory
02-12-2009, 08:49 PM
You have got to be kidding me. Some people in this country today need to try to make a living on their own instead of trying to steal money like this.

Looking4number8
02-12-2009, 09:33 PM
I am gonna draw big fire for this one but each of those that accept the $4000 should be required to use it for a one way plane ticket.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-12-2009, 10:11 PM
You can make anything seem racist or prejudiced today, and that is sad.

Ranger Mom
02-12-2009, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
I am gonna draw big fire for this one but each of those that accept the $4000 should be required to use it for a one way plane ticket.

Do they get taxed on that money??

DDBooger
02-12-2009, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Do they get taxed on that money?? tort reform, she'll never see 1% of 1% of that, heck, it'll get tossed out.

DDBooger
02-12-2009, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
You can make anything seem racist or prejudiced today, and that is sad. I agree, I prefered when people used slurs, it got it out in the open, rather than internalized. It's called "please don't use the N word" ideology, by simply not dropping N bombs, you believe you've conquered racism. :rolleyes: It seriously is dumb. My white buddies throw all kind of slurs at me, rest assured they receive in return. lol Only time I tell them to stop is when we're in an area that OTHERS wouldn't understand, and the same would hold for me as well! lol

Bigworm
02-13-2009, 12:06 AM
Another example of reverse discrimination.

pero chato
02-13-2009, 12:08 AM
further proof of the slanted news media

STANG RED
02-13-2009, 12:13 AM
I hate her Daddy's hair. I think he should give me $4 billion for having to look at it. And another $4 billion for ever having to hear Achy Breaky Heart. It's really worth more, but I dont want to seem greedy here.

SintonFan
02-13-2009, 12:23 AM
I have never liked Hanna Montana anyway.
Just another reason why Big Daddy Russ's "Afraid of Asian people" thread should have been taken more seriously.;)

DU_stud04
02-13-2009, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by Bigworm
Another example of reverse discrimination. stupidest thing ever. what is discrimination?

Emerson1
02-13-2009, 01:49 AM
Freedom of speech.

Case closed.

I_Do_Care
02-13-2009, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by pero chato
further proof of the slanted news media slanted media? what is slanted, it just reported a lawsuit filed?

Maroon87
02-13-2009, 03:17 AM
Ridiculous lawsuit. Put on the grown up pants and go about your life.

LH Panther Mom
02-13-2009, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by pero chato
further proof of the slanted news media
Pun intended? :thinking: ;)

jockcity33
02-13-2009, 09:34 AM
I want to know how by Miley slanting her eyes for a picture is violating anybody's civil rights?

GreenMonster
02-13-2009, 12:04 PM
shouldn't this be in the "frivolous lawsuit of the day" thread???

Bull's-eye
02-13-2009, 12:38 PM
I wonder if asian people ever held their eyes open and made fun of the round eye americans?? :thinking:

Ranger Mom
02-13-2009, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
I wonder if asian people ever held their eyes open and made fun of the round eye americans?? :thinking:

:spitlol:

That seriously made me laugh!!

PPHSfan
02-13-2009, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
tort reform, she'll never see 1% of 1% of that, heck, it'll get tossed out.

What's sad is that "Tort Reform" has back-fired in this country, and a lot of folks with legitimate cases have never seen a penny for their pain and suffering.

bobcat4life
02-13-2009, 02:26 PM
Funny how people are trying to find anything that can be considered racist so they can get a quick buck. Rediculous!

Electus Unus
02-13-2009, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
You can make anything seem racist or prejudiced today, and that is sad. Reverse racism is the worst form of racism and it is pretty much all that is around these days

DU_stud04
02-13-2009, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
Reverse racism is the worst form of racism and it is pretty much all that is around these days there is no such thing as reverse racism..... its just ignorance. just like reverse discrimination..... :doh: :doh:

Phantom Stang
02-13-2009, 04:01 PM
If she had crossed her eyes instead, could truly cross-eyed people have sued her for insensitivity?

Ranger Mom
02-13-2009, 04:04 PM
Here is the pic...I wonder if the Asian guy next to her was offended??

http://www.zap2it.com/media/photo/2009-02/44872783.jpg

DU_stud04
02-13-2009, 04:18 PM

http://www.zap2it.com/media/photo/2009-02/44872783.jpg Easter bunnies should sue the guy in pink for making fun of bunnies. just terrible how they act. Easter bunnies are real people too you know!

jockcity33
02-13-2009, 04:35 PM
they all looked stoned....

LH Panther Mom
02-13-2009, 05:41 PM

Originally posted by Bull's-eye
It kind of looks like that's what he's doing. :thinking:

Bull's-eye
02-13-2009, 08:31 PM
Most of us did that as kids and said look I'm chinese. The fact is their eyes are slanted, so what's all the fuss?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-13-2009, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
I agree, I prefered when people used slurs, it got it out in the open, rather than internalized. It's called "please don't use the N word" ideology, by simply not dropping N bombs, you believe you've conquered racism. :rolleyes: It seriously is dumb. My white buddies throw all kind of slurs at me, rest assured they receive in return. lol Only time I tell them to stop is when we're in an area that OTHERS wouldn't understand, and the same would hold for me as well! lol

I never knew what ethnicity you were, and now that I know you're not white, I don't like you...haha. I do the same stuff you do with my friends as well. It's all in a matter of intent, really and truly.

Sweetwater Red
02-14-2009, 01:39 PM

1. I'm offended by the fact that the guy on the far left is flipping
me off with his left hand.:mad:

2. The Asian guy's eyes are more round than four of the people
in the picture that aren't using their fingers to slant their eyes.:thinking:

3. I bet that is grape juice in the wine glass on the far right.:rolleyes:

4. All this picture is missing is someone holding a bong.:thinking:

5. Where's the token black guy at this party?:confused:

bobcat4life
02-14-2009, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
1. I'm offended by the fact that the guy on the far left is flipping
me off with his left hand.:mad:

2. The Asian guy's eyes are more round than four of the people
in the picture that aren't using their fingers to slant their eyes.:thinking:

3. I bet that is grape juice in the wine glass on the far right.:rolleyes:

4. All this picture is missing is someone holding a bong.:thinking:

5. Where's the token black guy at this party? :confused:

He was cropped out of the picture so the Asian lady could have a joint suit with the NAACP to make the lawsuit realistic.:thinking: :thinking: :p :p