PDA

View Full Version : Usa 2 Mexico 0!!

Phil C
02-12-2009, 05:03 PM
That was the score of the Soccer World Cup Qualifying Round Game 1 last night. In their bracket both the USA and Mexico are expected to advance. The game was in Columbus, Ohio and had a good crowd.
The game was well played and both teams had chances for goals plus there was great defensive play. The USA got their first goal near the end of the first half when on a corner kick that eventually wound up at USA's Michael Brady's feet gave him the opportunity for the score and he took it. We scored in stoppage time in the second half when Brady again scored by a long kick that the goalie just missed.
There were voodoo dolls sold in Mexico that were expected to help their team but it didn't work needless to say.
This is a good start for the USA.
I wish more of you would have watched it. There would have been new soccer fans for life no doubt indeed.

STANG RED
02-12-2009, 05:06 PM
Yea I heard something about the voodoo dolls on the radio yesterday. Apparently they had "GRINGO" on them, so some people were all up in arms over it. I think I even heard some sponsor even pulled their funding because of it.

STAggie
02-12-2009, 05:06 PM
Great win for the US! This young group of talent we have coming up with Bradley, Adu, Altidore, Klejecsten (sp?), and the rest have me excited about our chances in the years to come. I would love to see the US advance to a World Cup final but would be happy with just getting to the knockout stage in 2010 and maybe the finals in 2014. We have the program finally in place and if we can keep sending our young talent to Europe to develop we will one day be competitive every world cup.

DDBooger
02-12-2009, 05:07 PM
the mid-fielder for the US, coaches son, he played well