PDA

View Full Version : David Letterman vs Joaquin Phoenix

44INAROW
02-12-2009, 03:51 PM
Did anyone see Joaquin Phoenix on David Letterman last night? From the little I saw it was strange to say the least. I have it on Tivo but haven't watched the entire show but saw a clip on Yahoo.com. He seemed totally "out of it" Just wondering.........

pirate4state
02-12-2009, 03:52 PM
Nope, haven't seen it, but it wouldn't surprise me. Poor Joaquin....he is gonna end up like his brother River :(

PPHSfan
02-12-2009, 03:56 PM
Nah,

He is just weird. Like that Johnny Depp fellow. A gigantic talent, and weird.

SintonFan
02-13-2009, 12:16 AM
He wants to change to his passion. Hip/hop or Rap...
but with a Amish look to it.http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/spezial/Fool/att.gif

Sweetwater Red
02-13-2009, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Did anyone see Joaquin Phoenix on David Letterman last night? From the little I saw it was strange to say the least. I have it on Tivo but haven't watched the entire show but saw a clip on Yahoo.com. He seemed totally "out of it" Just wondering.........

I saw the entire "interview". I wouldn't be surprised if it was
all staged.:thinking:

44INAROW
02-13-2009, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I saw the entire "interview". I wouldn't be surprised if it was
all staged.:thinking:
I read a blog yesterday and someone who was supposedly in the audience said they thought it was staged because during commercial breaks, Phoenix and Letterman seemed to be holding a regular conversation. My question would be, WHY this weird act?

pirate4state
02-13-2009, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I read a blog yesterday and someone who was supposedly in the audience said they thought it was staged because during commercial breaks, Phoenix and Letterman seemed to be holding a regular conversation. My question would be, WHY this weird act? Publicity --- they are true attention whores :D

crzyjournalist03
02-13-2009, 11:41 AM
Is there a transcript anywhere about what happened? I heard about it, but didn't catch any of it, and I can't access videos at work.

CHS_Grad '85
02-13-2009, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Is there a transcript anywhere about what happened? I heard about it, but didn't catch any of it, and I can't access videos at work. MTV has a good article on it but watching the video is best... Letterman interview wtih Phoenix (http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1604929/story.jhtml)

Phantom Stang
02-13-2009, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Publicity --- they are true attention whores :D
:iagree:
I watched the video, and it seems that when Joaquin isn't saying "what's so funny", he's trying to keep from laughing.

Sweetwater Red
02-13-2009, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
:iagree:
I watched the video, and it seems that when Joaquin isn't saying "what's so funny", he's trying to keep from laughing.

I just watched it again. I was so busy laughing when Letterman
told him "Sorry you couldn't be here tonight", that I missed Phoenix
smiling after he said it.

PPHSfan
02-13-2009, 01:29 PM
Letterman is gonna have a field day in the monologues for the next three weeks with this.