Originally posted by pirate4state
I have to respond!!!! Alcohol IS legal. :D

But he said not to respond!

Whoops I have now responded to your response... :(

PPHSfan
02-12-2009, 12:57 PM
I knew this would not get JUST Votes.

Side question.

Who would you rather share the road with, a drunk or a pothead?

Ranger Mom
02-12-2009, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan

Side question.

I answered that in the poll poll!! :doh:

big daddy russ
02-12-2009, 01:00 PM

Side question.

There's an old saying. An alcoholic will come home from a night out with buddies and beat his wife. The worst a pothead would do is eat her dinner.

PPHSfan
02-12-2009, 01:02 PM
Some drunks want to drive fast and fight.

ALL potheads want to do is eat, laugh, and have sex.

Ranger Mom
02-12-2009, 01:04 PM
Some drunks want to drive fast and fight.

I would share a funny story, but I am afraid if I admit I was there, then I can potentially be a witness......so, I can't!!

Oh wow......now that I think about it, the only one that could actually get in trouble is dead anyway!!!:(

Phantom Stang
02-12-2009, 01:05 PM

I voted for legalization of both. "Driving under the influence" is a different issue all together.

So to answer your question of who I'd rather be on the road with: I say neither.

kaorder1999
02-12-2009, 01:06 PM
Did we abolish Rule #2? :D

kaorder1999
02-12-2009, 01:07 PM
just a joke of course!

Ranger Mom
02-12-2009, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
Did we abolish Rule #2? :D

I read the rules again, just to refresh, and I think we can "discuss"...can't we??

Phantom Stang
02-12-2009, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I read the rules again, just to refresh, and I think we can "discuss"...can't we??
Oughta be able to, as long as we don't say it's ok to do something while it's illegal.;)

Bullaholic
02-12-2009, 01:13 PM

My $.02---I think discussion may be held on this subject as long as no one encourages or promotes the sale or use of illegal substances and there is no participation by underage posters.

kaorder1999
02-12-2009, 01:14 PM

i couldnt care less....but im sure there have already been people who have reported it to one of hte Mods...but I may be wrong!! As long as the discussions stay pretty harmless I dont see a problem with it

Ranger Mom
02-12-2009, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
My $.02---I think discussion may be held on this subject as long as no one encourages or promotes the sale or use of illegal substances and there is no participation by underage posters.

is there such a thing as an underage potsmoker???

I'm sorry...I couldn't help myself!!

PPHSfan
02-12-2009, 01:16 PM
I for one would gladly trade one for the other. In other words I would vote for number one if those were my only choices.

Phantom Stang
02-12-2009, 01:16 PM

Yeah, and drive 20 mph in the passing lane.

PPHSfan
02-12-2009, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang

But you could run them off the road and they would just laugh at you and say " Sorry Dude...My bad".

Phantom Stang
02-12-2009, 01:20 PM
But you could run them off the road and they would just laugh at you and say " Sorry Dude...My bad".
true true

DDBooger
02-12-2009, 01:20 PM
It would take some money out of the powerful drug cartel, that's for sure. It wouldn't eliminate things like crystal meth that is made here, or cocaine and heroine trade, but at least it would be a dent.

SintonFan
02-12-2009, 01:21 PM
Weed... huh...
buncha darn twinky-eating hippies...:smoker:
I would rather not share the road with either. Nothing pees me off more than driving behind some long haired hippy dude going 30 mph down a country road thinking he's going 70... eating a bag of cheetos (oh yes CHEETOS, that new chester cheetah has got to be stoned:eek: )

SintonFan
02-12-2009, 01:22 PM
lol
You beat me to it...:thumbsup:

DDBooger
02-12-2009, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Weed... huh...
buncha darn twinky-eating hippies...:smoker:
I would rather not share the road with either. Nothing pees me off more than driving behind some long haired hippy dude going 30 mph down a country road thinking he's going 70... eating a bag of cheetos (oh yes CHEETOS, that new chester cheetah has got to be stoned:eek: ) nothing scares me more on the road than a drunk going 80 mph making booty calls. lol

Phantom Stang
02-12-2009, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
It would take some money out of the powerful drug cartel, that's for sure. It wouldn't eliminate things like crystal meth that is made here, or cocaine and heroine trade, but at least it would be a dent.
It would keep people from going to the dealers of more harmful drugs to score some weed.

PPSTATEBOUND
02-12-2009, 01:24 PM
Puff Puff pass.....:eek: I dont promote nor use Maryjane.......... but do like this song.......:eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_qD9uZ8kB8

waterboy
02-12-2009, 01:25 PM
There's definitely drawbacks to legalization of marijuana, but just think.............................:smoker: :smoker: .................:doh: What were we talking about?:confused: .........Oh, yeah!:smoker: :smoker:

Tax dollars that would be brought in.............and, just for PPHSfan, the weed quality would be amplified because nobody can grow any better weed than the government.:cool: :D

Dang, now I have the munchies.........:D

SintonFan
nothing scares me more on the road than a drunk going 80 mph making booty calls. lol
Everyone knows drunks never "get any"!:p

Phantom Stang
... eating a bag of cheetos (oh yes CHEETOS, that new chester cheetah has got to be stoned:eek: )
Sounds like the voice of experience.:D

DDBooger
02-12-2009, 01:27 PM
Everyone knows drunks never "get any"!:p lol, I said booty calls, not scored! ;)

SintonFan
02-12-2009, 01:28 PM
Sounds like the voice of experience.:D
Nah, I have mandatory drug testing (haz-mat). I aint even curious... but that chester cheetah dude has got to be pandering to hippies.:smoker:

DDBooger
02-12-2009, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
There's definitely drawbacks to legalization of marijuana, but just think.............................:smoker: :smoker: .................:doh: What were we talking about?:confused: .........Oh, yeah!:smoker: :smoker:

Tax dollars that would be brought in.............and, just for PPHSfan, the weed quality would be amplified because nobody can grow any better weed than the government.:cool: :D

Dang, now I have the munchies.........:D I think their is actually still 8 farmers who are allowed federally to grow it. I saw something about this in passing on the History Channel

waterboy
02-12-2009, 01:32 PM
I think their is actually still 8 farmers who are allowed federally to grow it. I saw something about this in passing on the History Channel
Dang, bogarts..............:dispntd:

You said something about passing something while watching the History Channel??...........:confused: ;) :D

SintonFan
02-12-2009, 01:35 PM
Dang, bogarts..............:dispntd:

You said something about passing something while watching the History Channel??...........:confused: ;) :D
Betcha High Times is in the bathroom...:D

PPSTATEBOUND
02-12-2009, 01:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPGTLPY4GLs

I dont have any drugs in my medicine cabinet..... nor have ever seen any while in line at drug store that when sun, soil and water where added made seeds...

It was only labeled as such.

JR2004
02-12-2009, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
i couldnt care less....but im sure there have already been people who have reported it to one of hte Mods...but I may be wrong!! As long as the discussions stay pretty harmless I dont see a problem with it

I bet you just got reported by some folks with too much time on their hands!

Electus Unus
02-12-2009, 03:07 PM
The effects of weed is about the same or less than the effects of alcohol so I do not see a reason why marijuana isn't legal.

DDBooger
02-12-2009, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
The effects of weed is about the same or less than the effects of alcohol so I do not see a reason why marijuana isn't legal. I've dealt with drunk and with stoned, drunk effects is far more debilitating.

PPHSfan
02-12-2009, 03:09 PM
The effects of weed is about the same or less than the effects of alcohol so I do not see a reason why marijuana isn't legal.

I think the effects are much safer than the effects of alcohol.

Electus Unus
02-12-2009, 03:14 PM
I think the effects are much safer than the effects of alcohol. My theory on the subject is that the government won't legalize it because they are making more money putting these people in jail than they would off making it legal.

DDBooger
02-12-2009, 03:15 PM
My theory on the subject is that the government won't legalize it because they are making more money putting these people in jail than they would off making it legal. The social control apparatus does benefit from crime, its a functional structural idea. w/o crime, no $$$ coming in to the SCA.

Phantom Stang
02-12-2009, 03:23 PM
[B]

Tax dollars that would be brought in

Why tax what could be grown in your back yard?

PPHSfan
02-12-2009, 03:24 PM

The good stuff is not grown in dirt.:D

Phantom Stang
02-12-2009, 03:29 PM
The good stuff is not grown in dirt.:D
Ok in your sunroom.:D

ronwx5x
02-12-2009, 03:30 PM
My theory on the subject is that the government won't legalize it because they are making more money putting these people in jail than they would off making it legal.

How does the government make money by putting people in jail? Confiscations? Please. It costs far more to incarcerate than they could ever take in from the few confiscations they make. Unless of course you believe the governmenat makes a profit from reselling the drugs?

PPHSfan
02-12-2009, 03:32 PM
The government does not legalize things. The people do. Didn't you watch school house rock when you were a kid?

waterboy
02-12-2009, 03:48 PM
You could also grow tobacco in your back yard, but that don't mean it'll be the "high quality" stuff.:D ............although I have heard mention of some "high" quality home-grown weed, ain't nobody gonna make it grow with the same quality as Uncle Sam.:smoker: They have quality down to a science. They have hydroponic technology and growing factories, cross-pollenation techniques, and other technology that would make your average "head" stick with Uncle Sam's stash.:D Therefore, instead of Uncle Sam having to fork out money to put the dope-heads away, they could tax it and make boo-coo bucks selling it, while maintaining control of the industry with high-quality products.:D ............meaning more money coming IN than going OUT....;) Just a thought!

Disclaimer: I don't condone the use, nor do I use, the product aforementioned in this response, nor anywhere else in this here thread.:tisk:

PPHSfan
02-12-2009, 03:51 PM
Exactly how many bucks is a boo-coo?

RedWhiteBlue
02-12-2009, 03:52 PM
You could also grow tobacco in your back yard, but that don't mean it'll be the "high quality" stuff.:D ............although I have heard mention of some "high" quality home-grown weed, ain't nobody gonna make it grow with the same quality as Uncle Sam.:smoker: They have quality down to a science. They have hydroponic technology and growing factories, cross-pollenation techniques, and other technology that would make your average "head" stick with Uncle Sam's stash.:D Therefore, instead of Uncle Sam having to fork out money to put the dope-heads away, they could tax it and make boo-coo bucks selling it, while maintaining control of the industry with high-quality products.:D ............meaning more money coming IN than going OUT....;) Just a thought!

Disclaimer: I don't condone the use, nor do I use, the product aforementioned in this response, nor anywhere else this here thread.:tisk:
Could this be why right now it is easier for our kids to get dope than to get cigarrettes? Just curious.... Because my probation kids tell me this all the time.:thinking:

waterboy
02-12-2009, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
Could this be why right now it is easier for our kids to get dope than to get cigarrettes? Just curious.... Because my probation kids tell me this all the time.:thinking:
What part do you NOT understand?:confused: If the government can sell it, they can REGULATE its use. They can also say WHO can buy it. If you take the pushers out of the equation, who does it leave as the primary source for its purchase? If it's easier for a kid to buy weed than it is to buy cigarettes, don't you think something can be done regulate it's use??:cool: I say changes CAN be made to change that, don't you?

BTW, I don't condone the use of, nor do I use, the substance or products being talked about in this here thread.:cool:

waterboy
02-12-2009, 04:11 PM
Exactly how many bucks is a boo-coo?
Think of any number..............with at least 9 zeroes on the end.:D

RedWhiteBlue
02-12-2009, 04:11 PM
What part do you NOT understand?:confused: If the government can sell it, they can REGULATE its use. They can also say WHO can buy it. If you take the pushers out of the equation, who does it leave as the primary source for its purchase? If it's easier for a kid to buy weed than it is to buy cigarettes, don't you think something can be done regulate it's use??:cool: I say changes CAN be made to change that, don't you?

BTW, I don't condone the use of, nor do I use, the substance or products being talked about in this here thread.:cool:
What part do you think I DON'T understand?:rolleyes: Hello?:doh:

waterboy
02-12-2009, 04:16 PM
What part do you think I DON'T understand?:rolleyes: Hello?:doh:
:rolleyes: Probably none of it.:rolleyes:

Come on, you know I'm right!...........but, then again, your job might be in jeopardy if there are fewer kids getting busted because it's easier to buy weed than it is cigarettes.:thinking: The government hasn't been able to change that fact with their current way of thinking. Maybe it's time to look at it from another point of view.:thinking:

Electus Unus
02-12-2009, 04:17 PM
Our government spends millions upon millions maybe even billions of dollars brining cocaine into this country while deciding who can and can not get it to distribute. Yet they spend more millions in drug prevention which is full of irony.

PPHSfan
02-12-2009, 04:18 PM
Our government spends millions upon millions maybe even billions of dollars brining cocaine into this country while deciding who can and can not get it to distribute. Yet they spend more millions to to eliminate the drug flow on streets all to get their own.

Don't look now, but I think I saw a black helicopter hovering over your house.

DDBooger
02-12-2009, 04:39 PM
Don't look now, but I think I saw a black helicopter hovering over your house. man, i'm pretty liberal thinking, but I have no idea what he's talking about. There have been on few occasions that drugs have been tied to CIA money hording to support anti-communists in central america, not disputed, but Billions to bring it in? Not the govt homie, but your fellow citizens who put it up their nose! lol

Electus Unus
02-12-2009, 04:43 PM
man, i'm pretty liberal thinking, but I have no idea what he's talking about. There have been on few occasions that drugs have been tied to CIA money hording to support anti-communists in central america, not disputed, but Billions to bring it in? Not the govt homie, but your fellow citizens who put it up their nose! lol How does the cocaine get through to the dealers and suppliers with all the strict regulations on international shipping?

DDBooger
02-12-2009, 04:45 PM
How does the cocaine get through to the dealers and suppliers with all the strict regulations on international shipping? granted, there is corruption, but the U.S. is far more transparent than other nations. It does occur, but the Govt. isn't a collaborator, a few bad seeds either targeted by the cartel or rewarded will comply.

RedWhiteBlue
02-12-2009, 04:49 PM
:rolleyes: Probably none of it.:rolleyes:

Come on, you know I'm right!...........but, then again, your job might be in jeopardy if there are fewer kids getting busted because it's easier to buy weed than it is cigarettes.:thinking: The government hasn't been able to change that fact with their current way of thinking. Maybe it's time to look at it from another point of view.:thinking:
I think you have been smoking a little bit too much of the stuff yourself, my friend. You don't even get that I was agreeing with you (in some ways)..... And no, I'm not worried about losing my job- unfortunately, it is folks like you that give me plenty of job security...:rolleyes: :D

waterboy
02-12-2009, 05:00 PM
I think you have been smoking a little bit too much of the stuff yourself, my friend. You don't even get that I was agreeing with you (in some ways)..... And no, I'm not worried about losing my job- unfortunately, it is folks like you that give me plenty of job security...:rolleyes: :D
Hey! Did you not read my disclaimer??:mad: I DO NOT condone, nor do I use, the products mentioned in this here thread! Believe me, you'll NEVER have to worry about running across me in your line of work. Don't be so anal as to think I'm that kind of person just because I see things that could be changed, and maybe even beneficial to solving some of the problems this product causes. I am actually a model citizen now!:D

Ranger Mom
02-12-2009, 05:02 PM
Hey! Did you not read my disclaimer??:mad: I DO NOT condone, nor do I use, the products mentioned in this here thread! Believe me, you'll NEVER have to worry about running across me in your line of work. Don't be so anal as to think I'm that kind of person just because I see things that could be changed, and maybe even beneficial to solving some of the problems this product causes. I am actually a model citizen now!:D

I am too.....I got a speeding ticket once, but took Defensive driving so it wouldn't go on my record.....I still think pot should be legalized!

pirate4state
02-12-2009, 05:13 PM
I think maybe if RWB & WB :smoker: they wouldn't be wound up so tight! Just saying

LH Panther Mom
02-12-2009, 05:16 PM
but I have no idea what he's talking about.
Ironically, neither does he. :devil:

waterboy
02-12-2009, 05:19 PM
I know what you mean, RM. I mean, like I say, I don't condone its use, nor do I use it, but it seems to me that the best answer to the problems weed causes is to legalize it so it CAN be regulated. I wouldn't group potheads with criminals, that just makes the problem worse, in my opinion. Morally, I am against legalization, but otherwise that just seems to be the only logical answer to control its use. That, and the government could actually MAKE money at it instead of just throwing the money away like they've been doing for decades. History shows that what they are doing is not gonna stop its use, it just drives the prices up because the supply is slowed (not stopped - something they'll never accomplish). It's just gonna cause the problem to get more dangerous at every step. The more expensive a drug gets, the more dangerous it gets. If the government actually MADE money at its legalization, then they could regulate it, make money at it and spend money on more logical things, such as what was done with tobacco products,......you know, try to get people to understand the dangers of the product, and campaign against its use.

RedWhiteBlue
02-12-2009, 05:19 PM
I think maybe if RWB & WB :smoker: they wouldn't be wound up so tight! Just saying
Me? Wound up tight? Yeah, right.... That's me, for sure....:clap: :clap:

waterboy
02-12-2009, 05:21 PM
Come on now..........I ain't wound up tight...........I'm cool!:smoker: :D

pirate4state
02-12-2009, 05:21 PM
Me? Wound up tight? Yeah, right.... That's me, for sure....:clap: :clap: Acceptance is the first step. :thumbsup:

:D

pirate4state
02-12-2009, 05:23 PM
Come on now..........I ain't wound up tight...........I'm cool!:smoker: :D Hey man it happens to us all! Would you like me to have the court reporter read back what yall posted? LOL

RedWhiteBlue
02-12-2009, 05:24 PM
Hey man it happens to us all! Would you like me to have the court reporter read back what yall posted? LOL
And you guys were taking it all in.....:D

IHStangFan
02-12-2009, 05:27 PM
I'm torn on this....I enjoy a beer as much as the next guy....but what makes me different from some is that as I've gotten older, I've learned moderation. Some never grow out of the "binge drinking" mentality. (From my experiences.) I have friends that are in their 30s and 40s .....with kids ranging from teens to newborns and still think it's okay to dump their kids on grandma and grandpa or a babysitter every weekend and go out and get tanked starting Friday and ending Sunday. This in my opinion is not responsible behavior for an adult.....A: you've got kids at home, B: you may just have something to lose and going out and acting like a teenager, getting drunk driving, etc. is a stupid way to risk it all.....did I mention you have children depending on you? Anyway.....

I'm not OPPOSED to legalizing pot 100%......but if it were legalized I'd say it should be taxed just as tobacco is. I don't smoke, but I don't really think it's any worse than drinking....although I think there could be some sociological effects by legalizing pot....especially for those that I spoke of eariler that have not learned moderation. I won't get fully into that here though.

With that said....I don't want to be sharing the road w/ either. DO IT AT HOME OR HAVE A DD!!!

pirate4state
02-12-2009, 05:30 PM
And you guys were taking it all in.....:D Heck yeah, those kind of posts are my favorites until they're not :D

RedWhiteBlue
02-12-2009, 05:32 PM
And I'm way too close to this issue to be able to make a call like some of you can. Maybe it is an issue that I have a stronger opinion on because I do work with the population that I do. It isn't just an issue that I relate to some funny movie or something but I see how it relates to children on a daily basis. Yep, maybe I am too serious. Thanks for making me a 'Debbie Downer'....:(
I am normally a 'funner' person... :rolleyes:

waterboy
02-12-2009, 05:33 PM
Hey man it happens to us all! Would you like me to have the court reporter read back what yall posted? LOL
No thanks!:cool: I didn't mean to come across like that..........I'm cool!:cool:

BTW, RWB, maybe we can meet one day and laugh about this. I really am cool.......and I'm a swell feller........and a model christian gentleman. It probably doesn't look that way, but I am.:D :thumbsup:

RedWhiteBlue
02-12-2009, 05:36 PM
No thanks!:cool: I didn't mean to come across like that..........I'm cool!:cool:

BTW, RWB, maybe we can meet one day and laugh about this. I really am cool.......and I'm a swell feller........and a model christian gentleman. It probably doesn't look that way, but I am.:D :thumbsup:
A "model christian gentleman" on the Downlow?:thinking: You can't be serious?!?! :eek:

waterboy
02-12-2009, 05:37 PM
A "model christian gentleman" on the Downlow?:thinking: You can't be serious?!?! :eek:
:hand: I know, I know................whoduh thunk it?:D

Buckeye1980
02-12-2009, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
There's an old saying. An alcoholic will come home from a night out with buddies and beat his wife. The worst a pothead would do is eat her dinner.

Do not forget , they will kill their brain cells...that's what pot does , but if you are already stupid , why would you care about that?

Ranger Mom
02-12-2009, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye1980
Do not forget , they will kill their brain cells...that's what pot does , but if you are already stupid , why would you care about that?

Let me put it this way.....I have a family member who is an alcoholic....I don't see her living throughout the year.

Her twin brother is a pothead......he holds down a job, goes to work EVERY day, doesn't smoke on the job......I guess he's lucky his company doesn't drug test.

I would MUCH rather be around him than her. He has WAY more brain cells....oh yeah...and way more liver too!!!

SintonFan
02-12-2009, 11:49 PM
Most folks use 10-20% of their brain. Pot heads use 1-2% of their brain. Good point.
Sorry RM...

pirate4state
02-13-2009, 12:03 AM
amazing

SintonFan
02-13-2009, 12:10 AM
lol
"Legalize them both" has the most votes!:eek: :confused: :eek:

Electus Unus
02-13-2009, 01:20 AM
THC, a chemical found in marijuana, contains 20% more tar than a common cigarette but the THC is known to shrink cancer cells in the lung. FYI.

IHStangFan
02-13-2009, 01:29 AM
THC, a chemical found in marijuana, contains 20% more tar than a common cigarette but the THC is known to shrink cancer cells in the lung. FYI. sure...it has medicinal uses....but so does cocaine, heroine and opium....so.....

:)

I_Do_Care
02-13-2009, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
sure...it has medicinal uses....but so does cocaine, heroine and opium....so.....

:) which are essentially like adderal and methodone. One legal, one not. Marijuana needs to be legalized, it costs more to enforce it then problems it alone creates. It would be more holistic then the crap the pharmaceuticals peddle, and likely more effective, cheaper and easier on the body.

IHStangFan
02-13-2009, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by I_Do_Care
which are essentially like adderal and methodone. One legal, one not. Marijuana needs to be legalized, it costs more to enforce it then problems it alone creates. It would be more holistic then the crap the pharmaceuticals peddle, and likely more effective, cheaper and easier on the body. I'm not arguing that....but the problems that would come w/ it? Do we grow it? Import it? You cut the "middle man out" (our friends south of the border) and what does that create? Theses are problems the government isn't willing to get into....not to mention how it would taxed......more of a headache than the current situation I'd be willing to bet. Laws are laws and in place for a reason. I didn't realize we had so many "heads" on our quaint little web board, LOL.

IHStangFan
02-13-2009, 01:49 AM
in reflection.....I'm in disbelief and it scares me to think that more people are concerned w/ legalizing pot than losing their 2nd amendment rights....why not...lets make it easy for "them" when the time comes.

:mad:

I'll stop there and not post here in this thread again at risk of it going political and losing my mind and membership privileges here on the DL.

I_Do_Care
02-13-2009, 01:51 AM
I'm not arguing that....but the problems that would come w/ it? Do we grow it? Import it? You cut the "middle man out" (our friends south of the border) and what does that create? Theses are problems the government isn't willing to get into....not to mention how it would taxed......more of a headache than the current situation I'd be willing to bet. Laws are laws and in place for a reason. I didn't realize we had so many "heads" on our quaint little web board, LOL. cutting the middle man out is eliminating coin in the coffers of the cartels. Likely it would be grown here, it was done before, and correct me if I'm wrong, but by some Presidents and fore fathers lol, guess they were potheads too:thinking:
Tax it? like everything else, the price to grow it would be cheap, hell, it's a weed lmao So many potheads because people believe it should be legalized? haha I guess because alcohol is legal, everyone is an alcoholic! Then again:thinking: and how many are killed on the road by drunk drivers? hmmm danger from one compared to the other seem disproportionate

Electus Unus
02-13-2009, 01:58 AM
sure...it has medicinal uses....but so does cocaine, heroine and opium....so.....

:) Ya but marijuana isn't an addictive drug. Heroine was created by the government to be the new morphine now it is regulated by them.

SintonFan
02-13-2009, 02:10 AM
Ya but marijuana isn't an addictive drug. Heroine was created by the government to be the new morphine now it is regulated by them.
Been going to fringe websites to collect that info (lol like someone said watch out for those black helicopters circling overhead lol). I bet you believe in "global warming" too even though the official name of that little fantasy has been changed to "climate change" because global warming has been proven untrue in it's theory that we as humanity are causing it.:eek:
Ya those I know who smoke maryjane can't do without it to remain calm. Must not be habit forming... blah blah blah... wanna twinky?:D
j/k w/you:p

Electus Unus
02-13-2009, 02:18 AM
Been going to fringe websites to collect that info (lol like someone said watch out for those black helicopters circling overhead lol). I bet you believe in "global warming" too even though the official name of that little fantasy has been changed to "climate change" because global warming has been proven untrue in it's theory that we as humanity are causing it.:eek:
Ya those I know who smoke maryjane can't do without it to remain calm. Must not be habit forming... blah blah blah... wanna twinky?:D
j/k w/you:p Global warming = propaganda :D

It all depends on each person and how addictive their personality is psychologically speaking. One thing I hate is when people say marijuana is a "gateway" drug. lol Oh and its true about heroine being the new morphine look it up if ya aint got nothing to do lol. I added the end of that sentence though, obviously. :p

Buckeye1980
02-13-2009, 08:17 AM
Ya but marijuana isn't an addictive drug. Heroine was created by the government to be the new morphine now it is regulated by them.

Not addictive? I do not know where you are getting your information...but it is WRONG..I know cause I see it every day in my work....and also the bigger problem is 90% of pot today is laced with stronger drugs....I hear it all the time " yeah , I smoked a joint but I do not know why I am positive for meth " cause you do not know what the pot you smoked has been laced with .

Go ahead people , smoke it if you want , I need my job!

Ranger Mom
02-13-2009, 09:44 AM
Laws are laws and in place for a reason. I didn't realize we had so many "heads" on our quaint little web board, LOL.

Just because some of us think it should probably be legalized makes us "heads?"

I don't smoke it, wouldn't smoke it if it WAS legal.....but that doesn't change my opinion on it.

I didn't realize how sheltered of a life I led until I started working when I was 18...at a hospital. I was SHOCKED about how much all those Dr's. and nurses cussed and smoked weed!!! To this day I am shocked at how many people I know that smoke on occasion. Growing up I thought it to be a "low class" drug, but now know ALL classes of people who indulge!

Buckeye1980
02-13-2009, 09:54 AM
Just because some of us think it should probably be legalized makes us "heads?"

I don't smoke it, wouldn't smoke it if it WAS legal.....but that doesn't change my opinion on it.

I didn't realize how sheltered of a life I led until I started working when I was 18...at a hospital. I was SHOCKED about how much all those Dr's. and nurses cussed and smoked weed!!! To this day I am shocked at how many people I know that smoke on occasion. Growing up I thought it to be a "low class" drug, but now know ALL classes of people who indulge!

you are right about that, I have all classes of people on probation for POM (possession of mari)

truebluestang
02-13-2009, 11:14 AM
I have seen first hand the effects of both and other than the feeling the person gets who uses them the effects are far reaching. Grades, relationships, depression, other drug use, etc., etc., etc. There is a reason these things are illegal and I could show you many of the reasons in our community and schools!

Electus Unus
02-13-2009, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by truebluestang
I have seen first hand the effects of both and other than the feeling the person gets who uses them the effects are far reaching. Grades, relationships, depression, other drug use, etc., etc., etc. There is a reason these things are illegal and I could show you many of the reasons in our community and schools! If marijuana was legal most of those problems would diminish. Like overseas and in many other countries alcoholism isn't a big deal because you are allowed to do it and there is not a rebellion factor to deal with.

PPHSfan
02-13-2009, 12:05 PM
Most folks use 10-20% of their brain. Pot heads use 1-2% of their brain. Good point.
Sorry RM...

I'm a pot-head and I have an iq of 165 (tested by a psychiatrist, not some online site that wanted to sell me a book). Are you telling me that I could have an iq of 1650? Wow.

Oh, crap. Nevermind. Pay no attention to anything I said in this post.

Gezz why doesn't my delete key work?

waterboy
02-13-2009, 12:07 PM
I'm a pot-head and I have an iq of 165 (tested by a psychiatrist, not some online site that wanted to sell me a book). Are you telling me that I could have an iq of 1650? Wow.

:fnypost: :doh:

Phantom Stang
02-13-2009, 12:29 PM
and also the bigger problem is 90% of pot today is laced with stronger drugs....I hear it all the time " yeah , I smoked a joint but I do not know why I am positive for meth " cause you do not know what the pot you smoked has been laced with .

Go ahead people , smoke it if you want , I need my job!
Hence the benefit of taking the dope pushers out of the equation. If you grow your own, you won't have to worry about any unwanted "additives".

As for your job, I don't smoke pot, and don't plan to if it's ever legalized. However, you might find yourself reassigned to handling REAL criminals if it is.;)

SintonFan
02-13-2009, 12:33 PM

lol
You remember that thread, my dog took the same test and scored 134...;)
I have seen things in common with those that smoke dat bad stuff, some casual some more regular. After time these folks have a certain look to them like lethargy or a dullness. Just my .02...
Sorry I'm not smart enuf to add my .05...:p :D
Why were you at a psychiatrist in the first place?

PPHSfan
02-13-2009, 12:35 PM
lol
You remember that thread, my dog took the same test and scored 134...;)
I have seen things in common with those that smoke dat bad stuff, some casual some more regular. After time these folks have a certain look to them like lethargy or a dullness. Just my .02...
Sorry I'm not smart enuf to add my .05...:p :D
Why were you at a psychiatrist in the first place?

Was required to see him after the "accident".

SintonFan
02-13-2009, 12:36 PM
I guess I never heard that story. Sorry about that...

Ranger Mom
02-13-2009, 12:37 PM
101 posts later I got a big kick out of the first thing said on the poll:

NO REPLYS!!! JUST VOTE!!!:D :D

waterboy
02-13-2009, 12:48 PM
:eek: :eek: Did it say that???:eek: :eek:

:mad: I musta forgot!:mad:

waterboy
02-13-2009, 12:55 PM
Okay...........I'll bite. What "accident"?:1popcorn:

truebluestang
02-13-2009, 01:45 PM
PPHS- you may not have an IQ of 1650 but you might be doing something with yourself other than playing on a computer all day everyday and something tells me you are probably at home while doing this. Most potheads I know as well as alcoholics do very little with themselves. It is a real shame but they will have a million reasons or excuses as to why they are the way they are when they just need to confess that it is their lifestyle causing the problems in their life.

PPHSfan
02-13-2009, 01:46 PM
PPHS- you may not have an IQ of 1650 but you might be doing something with yourself other than playing on a computer all day everyday and something tells me you are probably at home while doing this. Most potheads I know as well as alcoholics do very little with themselves. It is a real shame but they will have a million reasons or excuses as to why they are the way they are when they just need to confess that it is their lifestyle causing the problems in their life.

LOL,

You don't know me at all.

SintonFan
02-13-2009, 01:52 PM
lol
TBS, I'm against legalization myself but just because someone wants get that nasty smelling stuff legalized doesn't make them a loser.
Where did PPHS mention problems in his life? I've only seen positive stuff?:confused:

Bullaholic
02-13-2009, 01:56 PM
LOL,

You don't know me at all.

Dang right, PPHSFan---most of the time you are too drunk and/or high to get on the computer. :D

What were the names of that spraypaint and cough syrup that gives the best high?

PPHSfan
02-13-2009, 02:01 PM
I will readily admit that my lifestyle causes problems in my life. The fact that I'm a workaholic takes me away from my kids more than I would like. The fact that I enjoy fine dining makes it hard for me to enjoy bad food. The fact that absolutley live to watch House and 24 has caused me to sit on the couch for at least two hours a week. And the fact that I am such a friggin genius makes it impossible for me to find stimulating entertainment, however I have a lot of friends here who make me smile everytime I drop in.

Bullaholic
02-13-2009, 02:06 PM
I will readily admit that my lifestyle causes problems in my life. The fact that I'm a workaholic takes me away from my kids more than I would like. The fact that I enjoy fine dining makes it hard for me to enjoy bad food. The fact that absolutley live to watch House and 24 has caused me to sit on the couch for at least two hours a week. And the fact that I am such a friggin genius makes it impossible for me to find stimulating entertainment, however I have a lot of friends here who make me smile everytime I drop in.

You are just a poor tradesman who is blessed with many friends, who you ask to do you a favor now and then.....

waterboy
02-13-2009, 02:06 PM
That's some funny stuff.:D Tell us about your accident.:cool:

PPHSfan
02-13-2009, 02:08 PM
That's some funny stuff.:D Tell us about your accident.:cool:

Sorry I don't talk about the accident. Only two or three folks on here know anything about it. And that is only because they are close personal friends of mine.

IHStangFan
02-13-2009, 02:23 PM
Sorry I don't talk about the accident. Only two or three folks on here know anything about it. And that is only because they are close personal friends of mine. lets not forget your dad, it was HIS VW Bug.... the livestock involved and the rancher who lost the quarter mile of fence line......

PPHSfan
02-13-2009, 02:24 PM
lets not forget your dad, it was HIS VW Bug.... the livestock involved and the rancher who lost the quarter mile of fence line......

You may have said too much already.

Ranger Mom
02-13-2009, 02:28 PM
And the fact that I am such a friggin genius makes it impossible for me to find stimulating entertainment, however I have a lot of friends here who make me smile everytime I drop in.

I'm crushed....I thought you found ME entertaining!!:(

PPHSfan
02-13-2009, 02:29 PM
I'm crushed....I thought you found ME entertaining!!:(

NO, I find you stimulating.

Ranger Mom
02-13-2009, 02:39 PM
NO, I find you stimulating.

:eek: :eek:

Bullaholic