PDA

View Full Version : Do any of you have any connections....

IHStangFan
02-12-2009, 01:33 AM
in the maritime industry? My little cousin just graduated from the Texas A&M Maritime academy and is now looking for a job. He's a maritime officer spec. in transportation I believe?

Anyway...any advice/help etc. would be appreciated.

THANKS!

turbostud
02-12-2009, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
in the maritime industry? My little cousin just graduated from the Texas A&M Maritime academy and is now looking for a job. He's a maritime officer spec. in transportation I believe?

Anyway...any advice/help etc. would be appreciated.

THANKS!

Check out usajobs.gov
There are alot of gov jobs there with Dept of Homeland Security. Customs and Border Patrol both have marine detachments here at SPI and other places like Miami. Texas Dept of Wildlife hires for game wardens, only need a degree. NOAA also has sea going jobs.

turbostud
02-12-2009, 08:17 AM
US Coast Guard has OCS(Officer Candidate School). His degree will get him in. I am sure other military services do as well.

IHStangFan
02-12-2009, 02:26 PM
thanks turbo......I'll have him look into both. You're right...USAjobs is a great website.

DDBooger
02-12-2009, 02:27 PM
thanks turbo......I'll have him look into both. You're right...USAjobs is a great website. NSA and CIA are even advertising on Facebook. lol not for James Bond types obviously, but auxiliary positions.

turbostud
02-13-2009, 06:06 PM
thanks turbo......I'll have him look into both. You're right...USAjobs is a great website.

Its a great website but I have applied to numerous jobs and have never heard anything back. Most of the jobs listed I believe hire from within and are only required by law to post the position.
I just applied for a position with the Department of Interior so hopefully I will at least get a email saying I didnt get the position.