PDA

View Full Version : banned high school football offense

formercougar18
02-12-2009, 01:26 AM
http://highschool.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=911196

For some reason people are complaining against this offense, supposively teams are using the number loophole to find eligible receivers, but no need at all to ban the offense, fix the number rule. Completely ridiculous if you ask me. But it is of course all those girly schools in CA

Electus Unus
02-12-2009, 01:29 AM
Its against NCAA rules to run that type of offense and UIL uses NCAA rules. Plus that offense sucks and stopped working after the first couple of games.

formercougar18
02-12-2009, 01:33 AM
yea i watched some videos of some teams who ran it and most of teams going against it rushed 2, or in some cases none, and just had 11 back in coverage. I have just never heard of the National Federation of State High School Associations actually banning a type of offense. Kinda reminds me of the spread option on college. A lot of people do it but it really only works in hs and college.

hookandladder
02-12-2009, 10:23 AM
I am pretty sure we have ran this type of offense, it works only for a short time. The defense will adjust to it, however after we have scored a couple of time. Do not know if it is the exact same offense.

trenchdweller
02-12-2009, 11:09 AM
We run it every 4th down and usually punt the ball