View Full Version : Bellville Vs. La Grange

RedStorm
02-12-2009, 12:01 AM
Can't wait.

hookandladder
02-12-2009, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by RedStorm
Can't wait.

District Championship at stake for the LEPS, who would have ever thought that would be possible. GO LEPS.

allforball
02-12-2009, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
District Championship at stake for the LEPS, who would have ever thought that would be possible. GO LEPS.
Congrats to the Leps. It is especially rewarding after a disappointing district run last year. This group has alot of hustle and heart. They also have team chemistry. Go Leps!!

BB21
02-12-2009, 09:43 AM
This is a huge game for both teams. I have heard good things about both teams and I was just wondering what each teams style of play is? Are there any all state type players on these two teams?

hookandladder
02-12-2009, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by BB21
This is a huge game for both teams. I have heard good things about both teams and I was just wondering what each teams style of play is? Are there any all state type players on these two teams?

LG really has no superstar, 5 hard playing players that work really well as a team. More successful in up tempo game, Half court game and lack of depth would be their downfall. Bellville has a junior who is really special, all-State possibly. They have a pretty solid inside game but their outside shooting was not very effective against us LG.

TRENCHES06
02-12-2009, 10:25 AM
Team chemistry is the driving force behind the LG team. No question. Fun team to watch.

BB21
02-12-2009, 11:09 AM
So Bellville relys mainly on there inside game. So is this junior an outside player of inside player? Do they have anyone that can shoot the ball well from outside?

STAggie
02-12-2009, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by BB21
So Bellville relys mainly on there inside game. So is this junior an outside player of inside player? Do they have anyone that can shoot the ball well from outside?

Their two gaurds are very streaky shooters but when the are on they can really hurt you. The junior is a wing that has a nice mid range jumper but is most effective getting to the rim as he is big and athletic. They have a 6'8" (listed) post who if you let him catch it on the block will eat you up but really has no skill set outside of that. Put a body on him and keep him off the glass and he will be neutralized. If I was coaching I would run a Box and One and put my best defender on the junior to keep him from getting easy baskets.

On the defensive end Bellville is quick and can press if need be but they can be hurt if you continue to hustle as they sometimes get a little lazy on d. Also, the big guy will effect your shot if you are scared of him but many times going right at him works best as he looks afraid to pick up fouls.

All in all Bellville is a decent team who has good chemistry and if you have to play at their place the fans can play a huge factor. Keep them off the offensive glass and contain their leading scorer and you should be able to keep it close.

BB21
02-12-2009, 12:12 PM
So what is the playoff outlook looking like for these two teams? How far will these two teams go in the playoffs?

zebrablue2
02-12-2009, 08:46 PM
Bellville wins Friday night to force a district tie and playoff. Will be fun. Good luck to both teams....

RedStorm
02-12-2009, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by STAggie
Their two gaurds are very streaky shooters but when the are on they can really hurt you. The junior is a wing that has a nice mid range jumper but is most effective getting to the rim as he is big and athletic. They have a 6'8" (listed) post who if you let him catch it on the block will eat you up but really has no skill set outside of that. Put a body on him and keep him off the glass and he will be neutralized. If I was coaching I would run a Box and One and put my best defender on the junior to keep him from getting easy baskets.

On the defensive end Bellville is quick and can press if need be but they can be hurt if you continue to hustle as they sometimes get a little lazy on d. Also, the big guy will effect your shot if you are scared of him but many times going right at him works best as he looks afraid to pick up fouls.

All in all Bellville is a decent team who has good chemistry and if you have to play at their place the fans can play a huge factor. Keep them off the offensive glass and contain their leading scorer and you should be able to keep it close.

Spot on scouting report STAggie...couldn't have said it better myself.

eagleqb_14
02-12-2009, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by RedStorm
Spot on scouting report STAggie...couldn't have said it better myself.

RedStorm
02-13-2009, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by eagleqb_14

Yeah we actually agree for once

IHStangFan
02-13-2009, 03:09 PM
I voted Bellville cause they are at home....but I just don't know. What I DO know is that the bi-district round is going to be awesome!!! D25 -vs- D26 will be one of the better bi-district series in the playoffs.

Bull's-eye
02-13-2009, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
I voted Bellville cause they are at home....but I just don't know. What I DO know is that the bi-district round is going to be awesome!!! D25 -vs- D26 will be one of the better bi-district series in the playoffs.

Pulling for D25, but I feel that D26 has the better teams. Stafford & Sweeney should win their games.

IHStangFan
02-13-2009, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Pulling for D25, but I feel that D26 has the better teams. Stafford & Sweeney should win their games. Stafford seems to be for real.....Sweeny is pretty good, but lacks a little size. Needville is good and plays good team basketball but may lack a few athletes compared to the other two. Needville does have a couple of kids that are for real...I rather enjoy watching the Porras (still not sure I'm spelling that right) kid play. He's tall, athletic and is strong in the middle.

Bull's-eye
02-13-2009, 09:06 PM
Halftime score - Bellville 34 LG 23

Bull's-eye
02-14-2009, 12:49 PM
LG comes back to get the win, congratulations on the district crown. :clap: :clap: