View Full Version : #5 Commerce Tigers

Matthew328
07-02-2002, 11:06 PM
Commerce Tigers
School Colors: Orange, Black and White
Last Year: 14-2 Div 2 State Champions
Starters Returning: 3 offense 4 defense
Key PLayers: TB Eddie Hines, DE Donald Fugitt, LB Alex Oshay

Matthew328's outlook: With the loss of a great senior class, many think Commerce will be down but I won't ever underestimate Commerce...2000 was supposed to be a rebuilding year and Commerce went 13-1.... hardly rebuilding...but the offense took a huge hit losing QB Droddy, RB Wright and WR Burrell....Hines should be a suitable replacement for Wright as he had 14 TD's in mostly a short yardage role...QB and WR are still question marks however..the defense also lost some quality players and many young players will play key roles....if the young players can step up and fill some big shoes then Commerce could be the same old Commerce...but with young players you never know!

eye of the tiger
07-03-2002, 01:14 PM
Matthew I think your assesment of Commerce is right on. A lot depends on the development of the younger players. We did get the extra 6 games and that should help some. Of course some of our playoff games last year were close and they didnt get alot of playing time. I think we will do well for a couple of rounds in the playoffs and if the developement is there maybe even 4 deep.

Matthew328
07-03-2002, 01:22 PM
That is true....even though the younger players didn't get on the field the extra practice time is huge and just being on the sidelines experiencing the playoffs will help the young players out also