PDA

View Full Version : Ted Nugent

BOCEPHUS
02-11-2009, 02:45 PM
Ted Nugent, rock star and avid bow hunter from Michigan, was
> being interviewed by a French journalist and animal rights activist. The
> discussion came around to deer hunting.
>
> The journalist asked, "What do you think is the last thought in
> the head of a deer before you shoot him? Is it, 'Are you my friend?' or
> is it 'Are you the one who killed my brother?' "
>
> Nugent replied, "Deer aren't capable of that kind of thinking.
> All they care about is, 'What am I going to eat next, who am I going to
> screw next, and can I run fast enough to get away. They are very much
> like the French."
>
> The interview ended at that point.

JR2004
02-11-2009, 02:49 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

vet93
02-11-2009, 02:57 PM
He actually did say this...but it was to a British Tabloid writer instead of a French writer and he preceded the comment by calling the journalist a "Limey _______"

icu812
02-11-2009, 04:23 PM
gotta love the motor city madman

I know a hunting guide who said Ted showed up at the YO Ranch wearing only a loin cloth and his long bow. Killed a Buffalo on horseback native style.

S_Tex_3A_Fan
02-11-2009, 04:38 PM
That guy is crazy I love watching his show.

STANG RED
02-11-2009, 04:42 PM
LOL, I hated his music but you gotta love his style. He is certainly a one of a kind. I'd love to meet him some day.

turbostud
02-11-2009, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
LOL, I hated his music but you gotta love his style. He is certainly a one of a kind. I'd love to meet him some day.

How can you hate StrangleHold. That is great song.

icu812
02-11-2009, 05:33 PM
Went to see him and zz top a couple years ago. Ted shot his bow at the concert. His target was a saddam hussein dummy raised up behind the stage. Nice lung shot.

IHStangFan
02-11-2009, 08:01 PM
Uncle Ted is the man!!! Also....Stranglehold in my opinion was NOT his best song.....Great White Buffalo was. :)

solocam
02-11-2009, 08:14 PM
Gotta love uncle Ted

Rabid Cougar
02-11-2009, 08:32 PM
Generally deer don't see you before you shoot them.

If they do 99% of the time you don't get to shoot them.

Another question:

Has anyone ever seen a deer that has died of old age??

Trashman
02-11-2009, 09:08 PM
Generaly old deer are killed or lay down and or consumed by preditors.

espn1
02-11-2009, 09:32 PM
Strangle Hold is Great, but I've always had "CAT SCRATCH FEVER"!:D :D :D

SintonFan
02-11-2009, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by vet93
He actually did say this...but it was to a British Tabloid writer instead of a French writer and he preceded the comment by calling the journalist a "Limey _______"
Those British folk I talked to last year had more in common with Ted than the Tabloid idiots.:D :)
Those folks are motorheads... but with more emphasis on the cars vs the band.:clap: They loved American autos and parts.:thinking:

IHStangFan
02-11-2009, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Those British folk I talked to last year had more in common with Ted than the Tabloid idiots.:D :)
Those folks are motorheads... but with more emphasis on the cars vs the band.:clap: They loved American autos and parts.:thinking: That's odd....every Brit I've ever met....and I've met a lot of them.... think American cars are junk. The typical mentality is that the HP/L output of American engines is very low, the interior is all cheap plastic, and they can't go around corners......or so I'm told. LOL.

Texas Cougar
02-12-2009, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED

He lives in China Spring. He is very down to earth and talking with him you would never know he is famous. He writes a weekly opinion column in the Waco Tribune-Herald. They are posted on wacotrib.com for those who would like to read it.

SintonFan
02-12-2009, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
That's odd....every Brit I've ever met....and I've met a lot of them.... think American cars are junk. The typical mentality is that the HP/L output of American engines is very low, the interior is all cheap plastic, and they can't go around corners......or so I'm told. LOL.
The folks I have been around often use American parts to modify engines and such. Some of the things I saw was amazing. These folks were auto nerds. I guess I over-generalized. Sorry.:nerd:

PPHSfan
02-12-2009, 01:54 PM
The folks I have been around often use American parts to modify engines and such. Some of the things I saw was amazing. These folks were auto nerds. I guess I over-generalized. Sorry.:nerd:

Dollar for Dollar the Japanese make the best cars in the world. Hands Down. And NO!! That does not make me anti-american. I am fortunate enough to drive what I want to drive and I would not trade my vehichles for anything made in America. Including that hunk of junk Hummer I like to never have gotten rid of.

SintonFan
02-12-2009, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Dollar for Dollar the Japanese make the best cars in the world. Hands Down. And NO!! That does not make me anti-american. I am fortunate enough to drive what I want to drive and I would not trade my vehichles for anything made in America. Including that hunk of junk Hummer I like to never have gotten rid of.
Best cars yes, but I mentioned how some English used American parts to modify and improve their own cars. Also, the American parts were much mcuh cheaper than in England, especially if they had a friend ship them from San Antonio.:D

DDBooger
02-12-2009, 02:12 PM
My Honda Prelude was awesome! :( wish I still had it.

SintonFan
02-12-2009, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
My Honda Prelude was awesome! :( wish I still had it.
I had an opputunity to buy a used but very well-maintained Del Sol last year cheap. I guess I should have jumped on it.:doh:

DDBooger
02-12-2009, 02:18 PM
I had an opputunity to buy a used but very well-maintained Del Sol last year cheap. I guess I should have jumped on it.:doh: man they last forever!!! prelude was pretty fast, didn't have all the modifications on it, but it still looked smooth, much better than those with the HUGE spoiler on the back

Ranger Mom
02-12-2009, 02:27 PM
. Including that hunk of junk Hummer I like to never have gotten rid of.

You got rid of it?? I remember how proud you were when you first got it!!

PPHSfan
02-12-2009, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
You got rid of it?? I remember how proud you were when you first got it!!

That was before I realized how much of a hunk of junk they are. My Japanese pick-up that cost one third the money is ten times the vehichle.

DDBooger
02-12-2009, 02:33 PM
That was before I realized how much of a hunk of junk they are. My Japanese pick-up that cost one third the money is ten times the vehichle. My dad loves his Tundra!!! My mom went from Mercedes to Toyota Solara convertible. Don't understand that, but I think my dad talked her into buying it.

Stownhorse
02-12-2009, 02:33 PM
This guy is nuts. I got to watch him live at Billy Bob's.

Snakeskin Cowboy is my favorite song.

PPHSfan
02-12-2009, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
This guy is nuts. I got to watch him live at Billy Bob's.

Snakeskin Cowboy is my favorite song.

Whaaaaat?

PPHSfan
02-12-2009, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
My dad loves his Tundra!!! My mom went from Mercedes to Toyota Solara convertible. Don't understand that, but I think my dad talked her into buying it.

I put 100,000 miles on my Nissan in 18 months and the only thing I have had to put on it was tires. It still looks and runs as good as the day i bought it.