View Full Version : Terrell...

kaorder1999
02-10-2009, 11:26 PM
Terrell hires Chris Gilbert...good hire

Phil C
02-11-2009, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
Terrell hires Chris Gilbert...good hire

Is he the famous UT running back that played during the late 60s?

kaorder1999
02-11-2009, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Is he the famous UT running back that played during the late 60s?

ummm....since hes about 34 or 35 im guessing no!

JR2004
02-11-2009, 06:30 PM
He's leaving his alma mater?

kaorder1999
02-12-2009, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
He's leaving his alma mater?

yep! Moving on to greener pastures! He may actually have a football budget to work with in Terrell!

JR2004
02-12-2009, 03:58 PM
yep! Moving on to greener pastures! He may actually have a football budget to work with in Terrell!

Yep it's hard to get much money right now and with SOC being a basketball school as well as the current budget problems in the district. Even in better economic times, it'd still be tough on him to make much headway in getting equal footing with the boys basketball program with all the success they've had on the hardwood.

I kinda wonder though how much good Sergio Kindle could've done for the school football-wise had he been a Golden Bear like he was supposed to be.

kaorder1999
02-13-2009, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
Yep it's hard to get much money right now and with SOC being a basketball school as well as the current budget problems in the district. Even in better economic times, it'd still be tough on him to make much headway in getting equal footing with the boys basketball program with all the success they've had on the hardwood.

I kinda wonder though how much good Sergio Kindle could've done for the school football-wise had he been a Golden Bear like he was supposed to be.

every school gets the same amont of money for sports...its stupid. I think it should go by how many you have in your program! For instance...the Pinkston girls basketball teams gets the same amount as Carters. Pinkston has like 8 on their varsity with NO JV and NO 9th!

JR2004
02-13-2009, 01:55 PM
every school gets the same amont of money for sports...its stupid. I think it should go by how many you have in your program! For instance...the Pinkston girls basketball teams gets the same amount as Carters. Pinkston has like 8 on their varsity with NO JV and NO 9th!

It's definitely unique how money is appropriated.

When I'm talking about sports getting more money than other sports I'm speaking about the fans of a particular sport who will pay for the team to get extra stuff such as new warm-ups in basketball or new shoes. Lincoln and SOC fans will make sure those kids get what they want or need for the playoffs. They aren't going to dig as deep in their pockets for football as they will the basketball teams at each school. We're starting to get support through the very, very small booster club, but not on their scale.

Bosh has contributed a sizeable amount of money to Lincoln's basketball program through his foundation. When Coach Douglas (The varsity assistant when Bosh was a Lincoln) was at Madison for a year as the head coach in 2006-07, Bosh's foundation paid for warm-up shirts and stuff like that.