PDA

View Full Version : Texas Tech at Texas moved to September 19th

DDBooger
02-10-2009, 07:25 PM
Big early game.

(yes, I know I put MOVIED!) lol

maybe it will bother P4S and she'll change it.

BreckTxLonghorn
02-10-2009, 07:37 PM
Wow...well hopefully this will make tickets cheaper.

injuredinmelee
02-10-2009, 10:38 PM
and bring them back to earth way earlier in the season.

Phil C
02-11-2009, 09:09 AM
:eek: :(

jockcity33
02-11-2009, 09:26 AM
why???? Did Mack and the boys want to play it earlier so they would have time to climb back up in the rankings after Tech beats them, kinda like OU did this last year???

Actually I and most Tech fans don't really think Tech has much of a chance to beat UT in Austin in 2009, but you T-sippers better hang on to your hats when you return to the south plains in 2010.

Phil C
02-11-2009, 09:29 AM
Tech will have to have a new QB and replace Crabtree so maybe UT wants to catch them early before they have time to develope. Plus TT catches Oklahoma in Lubbock late in the year so hopefully the Red Raiders will be ready to get revenge on Oklahoma or play them a close game. We will see.
Suspense indeed.

Ranger Mom
02-11-2009, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Big early game.

(yes, I know I put MOVIED!) lol

maybe it will bother P4S and she'll change it.

It bothered me!!:D

injuredinmelee
02-11-2009, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by jockcity33
why???? Did Mack and the boys want to play it earlier so they would have time to climb back up in the rankings after Tech beats them, kinda like OU did this last year???

Actually I and most Tech fans don't really think Tech has much of a chance to beat UT in Austin in 2009, but you T-sippers better hang on to your hats when you return to the south plains in 2010.

yawn

jockcity33
02-11-2009, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
yawn

intelligent response. You must have learned that while sleeping in class in Austin.

Ranger Mom
02-11-2009, 10:17 AM
intelligent response. You must have learned that while sleeping in class in Austin.

The kind of responses you are giving are what got college threads banned the first time around!!

Tread lightly!!

RMAC
02-11-2009, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Tech will have to have a new QB and replace Crabtree so maybe UT wants to catch them early before they have time to develope. Plus TT catches Oklahoma in Lubbock late in the year so hopefully the Red Raiders will be ready to get revenge on Oklahoma or play them a close game. We will see.
Suspense indeed.

Yeah, UT will need us to beat OU so they can make the Big XII Title Game after they tank it in Dallas.:D

jockcity33
02-11-2009, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
The kind of responses you are giving are what got college threads banned the first time around!!

Tread lightly!!

What did I say that would be cause for a ban? I am just wanting to know so I don't make that mistake.

piratebg
02-11-2009, 10:37 AM
T-sippers

I believe it was this.

eagles_victory
02-11-2009, 10:39 AM
What did I say that would be cause for a ban? I am just wanting to know so I don't make that mistake.
intelligent response. You must have learned that while sleeping in class in Austin. that too

Phil C
02-11-2009, 01:40 PM

jockcity it would be best to discuss that with a private pm to the moderator. And remember it is wise to accept constructive criticism and advice.

I have always wanted to visit Sonora, Texas but I don't guess I ever will.

:(

ronwx5x
02-11-2009, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
jockcity it would be best to discuss that with a private pm to the moderator. And remember it is wise to accept constructive criticism and advice.

I have always wanted to visit Sonora, Texas but I don't guess I ever will.

:(

Phil, it appears JockCity33 is from Fort Stockton, not Sonora. Am I missing something here?:confused: :)

jockcity33
02-11-2009, 02:51 PM
I'm sorry if I offended anybody with my lame attempt at comedy.

jockcity33
02-11-2009, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Phil, it appears JockCity33 is from Fort Stockton, not Sonora. Am I missing something here?:confused: :)

Ron you are correct I am from Fort Stockton, I too am confused by the Sonora comment.

ronwx5x
02-11-2009, 02:58 PM
Ron you are correct I am from Fort Stockton, I too am confused by the Sonora comment.

Well Jock, I have nothing to brag about, I am originally from Ozona. Glad to be FROM there!

jockcity33
02-11-2009, 03:13 PM
I have been here for a year and a half, and have actually enjoyed it down here.

westtxfballfan
02-11-2009, 03:25 PM
Good move for both teams.

Texas gets a shot at a new QB earlier in the season and gets one of their tougher games out of the way by moving it up from a late-season tough stretch to the middle of a weak non-conference stretch.

Tech was very unlikely to win in Austin anyway (Leach is winless there), so you move a probable loss up earlier in the season, also move a game out of that tough UT, OSU, OU late-season stretch, and have an opportunity to recover from a likely loss since the polls seem to forgive early season losses.

ronwx5x
02-11-2009, 03:34 PM
I have been here for a year and a half, and have actually enjoyed it down here.

Rather than "down here" I always thought of that part of Texas as "out there". Where did come from to get "out here"?

jockcity33
02-11-2009, 03:35 PM
I moved "out here" from Colorado City