PDA

View Full Version : Are you addicted to HS Football?

RBARKER
07-14-2003, 03:42 PM
This is from the Pig After reading I believe I fall into this catagory. Come on Football :D

Let’s see...

You go watch the Hamburg drills in spring practice or just go to the fieldhouse in the off season to just hang around.

You bring you chair to the first day of practice - no pads just helmets - and sit on the sideline just to hear the beginning sounds of football.

You stand in line for the first day of season ticket sales.

The first thing you do in the morning after you get your cup of Java is go to your favorite internet high school forum to check the latest high school football gossip and are offended when you read a post about soccer or baseball.

You take a radio to the regular games to listen to the other teams or during the playoffs you have three or four radios going at the same time so you don’t miss any action.

You anticipate the release of pre-season rankings and college signing day.

You get to away games two hours early so you can get a good seat.

You experience withdrawal symptoms in January that begin to subside in late July.

You go to the local barber shop to talk about the upcoming football team, beginning in January.

As you see it is not easy to tell during season if you are addicted because you are getting your needed fix during season.. It’s only when season is over that you can tell that you are addicted.

For those of you that might, just might, think you are addicted,. go to this website http://TheNetGazette.freeservers.com Click on the scoreboard link. Scroll down to “Try your skill at field goal kicking.” If you get up at two o’clock in the morning to play this little game then your are addicted.

Well, I gotta’ go it’s almost two o’clock now.

PS: My best is 69 yards.

Till the last buzzer sounds.

Jimbotex40
07-14-2003, 04:45 PM
i used to be like that with HS football, but now that i am the proudest member of the Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2007, i am addicted to college football.

Aim_High
07-14-2003, 06:03 PM
I'm a proud Aggie, too, but I still don't think it compares to the ambience of community pride in high school football - unless you're playing for a Big 12 or national crown. That's another matter...

exbccards76'smom
07-15-2003, 12:01 AM
I know that I am addicted. I don't have anyone playing high school ball anymore. But I am getting excited about it!! Season tickets go on sale next week here. I am ready!!!! :D :D