PDA

View Full Version : What should i do?

coach
02-10-2009, 03:07 PM
I told my dad at the beginning of the year that i would work for him on friday afternoons. Something came up and he let e off the first friday and i told him that will probably be the last friday i miss. I found out this week that i have a basketball tourney with the Relentless Penetration on Friday. My dad will be pissed at me if i tell him i cant come in. On the other hand if i do come in then our team wont be able to play and eagles victory will lose 20 dollars and i made a commitment to him that i would play on the team. When we originally signed up we had games on wednesday but now i have a games this friday...So downlow family what should i do???

work for my dad or help lead the RP to victory???

Im going to dissapoint someone who would it be?

pirate4state
02-10-2009, 03:18 PM
Why don't you just explain the situation to your dad maybe he'll surprise you and give you Friday off. :)

If not, then RP will have to do without you. Don't want to disappoint dad.

Emerson1
02-10-2009, 03:22 PM
You swear you are any good at basketball anyways.

BreckTxLonghorn
02-10-2009, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Why don't you just explain the situation to your dad maybe he'll surprise you and give you Friday off. :)

If not, then RP will have to do without you. Don't want to disappoint dad.

Agree. You gave your word first to your job. Have to honor prior commitments.

coach
02-10-2009, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Agree. You gave your word first to your job. Have to honor prior commitments.

actually i gave my first commitment to baskwtball and if i dont show then we wont have enough people

pirate4state
02-10-2009, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by coach
actually i gave my first commitment to baskwtball and if i dont show then we wont have enough people but you don't get paid to play basketball

JR2004
02-10-2009, 03:39 PM
I told my dad at the beginning of the year that i would work for him on friday afternoons. Something came up and he let e off the first friday and i told him that will probably be the last friday i miss. I found out this week that i have a basketball tourney with the Relentless Penetration on Friday. My dad will be pissed at me if i tell him i cant come in. On the other hand if i do come in then our team wont be able to play and eagles victory will lose 20 dollars and i made a commitment to him that i would play on the team. When we originally signed up we had games on wednesday but now i have a games this friday...So downlow family what should i do???

First tell Dad the name of your team...

Dad should understand after that.

jason
02-10-2009, 03:41 PM
just tell him you have to go to a lab or study session that will last all day...

Texasfootball2
02-10-2009, 03:51 PM

I understand that circumstances change, but here is my opinion. First you obligated yourself to two different situations. One is a "Job" and the other is a "recreational" activity. Forget the job is for your dad. "You" took the job.

Now, Hypothetical thought:thinking: If you get into a $$$ crunch who are you going to go to for financial assistance. "Dad" or the boys from Relentless Penetration? Be honest with yourself!

I don't know your dad but in my opinion he and the job he gave you should come first. Also, in my opinion when you first found out about the schedule change you should have come out right then and there and said " Hey guys, if it's on Friday, "I'm out" because I have to work on Fridays. If you can't get the game rescheduled then you will to find someone else". If their true friends they will understand, but I sounds like by holding off you may have put them in a bad situation too and yourself in a bad situation with your dad.

Just be open and honest, you will never go wrong!
Good Luck

Emerson1
02-10-2009, 03:53 PM
What job is it?

DDBooger
02-10-2009, 04:07 PM
borrow a member of the krunk train!

coach
02-10-2009, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
What job is it?

working at a liquor store

Emerson1
02-10-2009, 04:16 PM
Tell him you have realized drinking is wrong and immoral.

JR2004
02-10-2009, 04:17 PM
working at a liquor store

This changes things!

pirate4state
02-10-2009, 04:21 PM
working at a liquor store why had you never mentioned this before? :D i like liquor haha

coach
02-10-2009, 04:26 PM
lol i dont know

eagleqb_14
02-10-2009, 06:04 PM
i would talk to your dad and say that this just came up and that u thought u were going to play on wed only,but.........

Trashman
02-10-2009, 06:35 PM
Your Dad has seen you through a life time. He should come first, take it from someone who blew it years ago. :( I promise you won't regret it.

DDBooger
02-10-2009, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
Your Dad has seen you through a life time. He should come first, take it from someone who blew it years ago. :( I promise you won't regret it. damn man, lets not go nostalgic, but I agree! Don't see my old man often, but you can tell he enjoys it when we hang out! Gotta take him to his first Cowboys game some time soon! I imagine I'll have the chance when I'm up in Denton next year :)

coach
02-10-2009, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
Your Dad has seen you through a life time. He should come first, take it from someone who blew it years ago. :( I promise you won't regret it.

well my parents are divorced...he never saw me play sports in hs i rarely saw him and i only see him now bc i live in the town he lives in

ronwx5x
02-10-2009, 09:41 PM

Volunteer for a different night.

Trashman
02-10-2009, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
damn man, lets not go nostalgic, but I agree! Don't see my old man often, but you can tell he enjoys it when we hang out! Gotta take him to his first Cowboys game some time soon! I imagine I'll have the chance when I'm up in Denton next year :)

Hey booger put a cork in it.................................J/K:stirpot: :stirpot:

Looking4number8
02-10-2009, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
I understand that circumstances change, but here is my opinion. First you obligated yourself to two different situations. One is a "Job" and the other is a "recreational" activity. Forget the job is for your dad. "You" took the job.

Now, Hypothetical thought:thinking: If you get into a $$$ crunch who are you going to go to for financial assistance. "Dad" or the boys from Relentless Penetration? Be honest with yourself!

I don't know your dad but in my opinion he and the job he gave you should come first. Also, in my opinion when you first found out about the schedule change you should have come out right then and there and said " Hey guys, if it's on Friday, "I'm out" because I have to work on Fridays. If you can't get the game rescheduled then you will to find someone else". If their true friends they will understand, but I sounds like by holding off you may have put them in a bad situation too and yourself in a bad situation with your dad.

Just be open and honest, you will never go wrong!
Good Luck

Absolutely perfect.

coach
02-10-2009, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Volunteer for a different night.

i cant friday is the busiest night of the week and thats when he needs me

eagleqb_14
02-10-2009, 11:17 PM
tough decision

STANG RED
02-10-2009, 11:18 PM
i cant friday is the busiest night of the week and thats when he needs me

I think you just answered your own question. He NEEDS you.

He wont be around forever. Go give the old man a hand. Some day you'll wish had if you dont.

Phantom Stang
02-10-2009, 11:40 PM
I'm sorry for your situation growing up, but he's still your Dad! At least half of your basketball buddies won't even know your name 10 years from now.

You said Friday is his busiest night. I'd be willing to bet he needs that business to keep the store open. If he's swamped with customers, people will probably get impatient and walk out without buying anything or worse yet, stick stuff in their pockets without paying for it.

As Stang Red said, he won't be around forever. Believe me, I know all about that.:(