PDA

View Full Version : Top Teams in Each Region-Div. I/ Div. 2?

bulldog94
11-11-2002, 11:24 AM
nm

bulldog94
11-11-2002, 01:55 PM
Common, nobody wants to make any predictions?

big daddy russ
11-11-2002, 04:25 PM
REGION IV TOP TEAMS:
D-I: Burnet
D-II: Rice Consolidated

Tiny
11-11-2002, 04:45 PM
Div I Region winners.
Everman
Forney
Jasper
Sinton
Division II Region winners.
Kennedale
Celina or Commerce
Marlin
Liberty Hill

These are my picks. No one can be sure. It should be fun to watch.

<small>[ November 11, 2002, 03:50 PM: Message edited by: Tiny ]</small>

leopards03
11-11-2002, 08:37 PM
La Grange has a very good chance their a strong team and our well rounded....

Puppetmaster101
11-11-2002, 08:46 PM
Tiny you need to shutup you grapejelly boy!!!! :D

Tiny
11-11-2002, 09:36 PM
Puppetmaster101:
Tiny you need to shutup you grapejelly boy!!!! :D Hey, your the little punk that fumbled the other night Boy now I know why you have such a big mouth, You cant play ball.

KTownBalla
11-11-2002, 09:42 PM
I dunno about Division I, but Kennedale will win their region. I promise they will. This year has been to good of a year to fall short of State.

Kennedale will meet u at STATE!!!

bulldawg89
11-11-2002, 10:41 PM
TINY lil boy, u gorgot Burnet under DII you cool coktail rider you

2001GiddingsLB
11-12-2002, 12:32 AM
D1
Everman
Forney
Jasper
Sinton

D2
Kennedale
no clue
Bellville
no clue

Brahma73
11-12-2002, 12:38 AM
GLB2001, BHS appreciates the love to win regional, but we'll have to pass a few hosses to get there. You guys certainly won't roll over and play dead! You're record is obviously misleading...heard you've been doing some good things. We'd better not look past the Buffs! Good luck in Tomball!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-12-2002, 12:54 AM
Hey if you guys(Bellville) stay healty, and keep playing the way you have been, and don't get the big head, we will see the Bellville Brahmas get
back into the state championship game this year!
Good luck Brahmas your town and fans are ready!
Just remember to give 110% on every play because there are no second chances in the playoffs!!!

Brahma73
11-12-2002, 01:01 AM
Hey FBB! I'm a fan like you. Played in the 70's here & now watch my kids. I think Elgin reminded us well what can happen if we think we're invincible.

Pudlugger
11-12-2002, 07:23 AM
leopards03:
La Grange has a very good chance their a strong team and our well rounded....The Leps have a very good chance this year. I agree that they are well rounded. Offensively they can pass the ball or run. Defensively they have one of the best teams in the state 3a level.
The top teams in region III Div2 in most people's minds might be:
Marlin
Newton
La Grange
Bellville
You can move them around in order if you want as all are pretty much equal on any given Friday. It will boil down to play-off experiemce (both coaches and players),luck and heart. La Grange has all three IMO.
However much I enjoy this kind of discourse, I need to say this. We have to play a very good football team each week to advance at this level. Next week we play Columbus. The Cardinals are an excellent football team with a stingy defense. Yesterday the players put on their pads again and had a very physical and intense workout. You cannot get to the top unless you step up each rung of the ladder. No slip-ups or falls allowed. The coaches and many of the upperclassman know this, they have been here for the past three or four seasons. So the top team in Region III Div2 this week as far as the Leps are concerned is the Columbus Cardinals! wink :cool:

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-12-2002, 12:28 PM
These are my picks for tops in each region.

Region 1 - Kennedale, Midland Greenwood
Region 2 - Commerce, Celina
Region 3 - Marlin, Newton
Region 4 - There are a BUNCH of teams that could come out of here. The competition level is incredible. I think a GREAT state quarterfinal would be Liberty Hill vs. Port Isabel. However, there are plenty of very dangerous teams out of this region. Aransas Pass, La Vernia, Yoakum, Bandera, Cuero, Edna, Devine, CC West Oso, and even Raymondville just to name a few. If I had to give a nod to three of them as the cream of this crop, my three would be Port Isabel, Liberty Hill, and La Vernia.

spiritpridehonor
11-12-2002, 01:25 PM
I think Tiny and Puppetmaster should keep all the name calling and trash on a separate poster between themselves. Other people want to talk football. Once again from the Burnet side of things, I hope everyone understands not everyone from Burnet has this kind of mentality. I hope and wish everyone well in the playoffs.

GO BULLDAWGS!!!!

Olinecoach
11-12-2002, 01:56 PM
KTownBalla:
I dunno about Division I, but Kennedale will win their region. I promise they will. This year has been to good of a year to fall short of State.

Kennedale will meet u at STATE!!!Ktown- you need to shut your trap and worry about Bridgeport, and you can't do that playing on the downlow.
GO WILDCATS!

KTownBalla
11-12-2002, 10:41 PM
Don't worry coach...totally focused...just nice to step back and look ahead.

head case
11-12-2002, 10:51 PM
big daddy russ:
REGION IV TOP TEAMS:
D-I: Burnet
D-II: Rice Consolidatedburnet better take state. warren keep knocken heads. miller keep ballin.

Donkey41
11-13-2002, 12:04 AM
Thanks Tarpon Fan. Being from La Vernia it is my natural pick to take them at the Region 4 winner but not to take away from Rice and Liberty Hill, or even Port Isibel. If we do come out we will have played some monster games.

Brahma73
11-13-2002, 12:29 AM
Hey Head Case, can't argue with Burnet in D1, though Sinton is hard for me to discount. As far as Rice in D2, they're a team with some REAL speedsters that can score from all over the pasture. I saw them play Columbus (Win) and Bellville (Loss). Defense was exposed, especially in the Bellville game where the Brahmas stacked up 50+. Also Raiders had a great deal of trouble hanging on to the 'skin in both games. Weak D and turnovers usually don't make it far down the road in the season that counts. No doubt they'll be entertaining though, whoever they play.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-13-2002, 12:30 AM
Hey, i'm just giving props to those who deserve it. La Vernia is one of those teams that deserve major props. Year in and year out La Vernia always has a good team on the field. And you're right about one thing.....whoever does make it out of Region IV will have won some MAJOR games to get there.

bulldog94
11-13-2002, 10:30 AM
La Vernia does have a good team and record every year, but think about who the have played. It seems to me they play a weaker schedule. There is only 1 team in their district with a winning record, and the best team they played in non-district was a private school. I think they have as good a chance as anybody in region 4. I just think there record may not tell all.

Donkey41
11-13-2002, 01:34 PM
bulldog94:
La Vernia does have a good team and record every year, but think about who the have played. It seems to me they play a weaker schedule. There is only 1 team in their district with a winning record, and the best team they played in non-district was a private school. I think they have as good a chance as anybody in region 4. I just think there record may not tell all.You're right we have played some easy teams and we
have also shut them out(most of them 5 out of 9 games) just because they are easy teams doesn't mean that they can't score points. LV has worked their ass off to be 9-0! Yeah ok, our district was easy, but you still can't take away from the fact that we have the best total defense in the Greater San Antonio Area 5A through 1A. We have the best scoring defense with 4 pts. a game. And a corner with 8 ints on the season. No matter if we have played good teams or not it still takes hard work and a damn good team to hold an opponent to 142 total yrds. a game.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-13-2002, 05:41 PM
Isn't La Vernia the only GOOD team out of district 26? What happened to y'all vs. Marion? La Vernia barely beat them.

Anyhow, like we have agreed on regarding BIG games just to make it to the state semi-finals......i'll just use Port Isabel as an example. They have Bishop right now......but then it gets tough from there. Aransas Pass in area, La Vernia, Bandera, or Cuero in Regional, and Liberty Hill or Yoakum in the quarterfinals. ALL would be tough games.

La Vernia has Bandera right now, Rice or Cuero in area, then Port Isabel or Aransas Pass in the 3rd round. Looks as if the lower bracket of the Div. 2 playoffs is the tougher one in regards to competition. It'll be rough!! Should be fun to see what happens.

Good luck vs. Bandera.

Donkey41
11-14-2002, 12:00 AM
TarponFanInNorthTexas:
Isn't La Vernia the only GOOD team out of district 26? What happened to y'all vs. Marion? La Vernia barely beat them.

Anyhow, like we have agreed on regarding BIG games just to make it to the state semi-finals......i'll just use Port Isabel as an example. They have Bishop right now......but then it gets tough from there. Aransas Pass in area, La Vernia, Bandera, or Cuero in Regional, and Liberty Hill or Yoakum in the quarterfinals. ALL would be tough games.

La Vernia has Bandera right now, Rice or Cuero in area, then Port Isabel or Aransas Pass in the 3rd round. Looks as if the lower bracket of the Div. 2 playoffs is the tougher one in regards to competition. It'll be rough!! Should be fun to see what happens.

Good luck vs. Bandera.You're right we are the only good team in our district. As far as the Marion game, we sat our starters after the half, and the back ups are not near as good. That is why they will not be ranked or do very well next year. They are basically screwed for 3 years or more. And we beat Marion by 25 I don't call that barly a win.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-14-2002, 01:26 AM
I thought the final score was La Vernia 14, Marion 7? Maybe that was false info or something. I dunno.

That doesn't sound good for La Vernia. Hopefully there will be some good coaching for when those kids reach the varsity level. Who knows? That group may turn into one of La Vernia's best teams ever??? I wouldn't worry about it, it happens to the very best of them.

It happened to Port Isabel a few years back when the superintendent at the time, and the school board hired the superintendent's son as AD/Head Coach. (that move cost most of the board, AND the superintendent their jobs) Needless to say, that particular coach SUCKED!!! Now, with a VERY good coach at the helm (Monty Stumbaugh) this year's team is very good, and is a majority sophomore/junior ballclub with only 7 seniors. One of them, our BIG starting RT Tony Perez, got injured and unfortunately is out for the season. The guy that replaced him at RT is almost as big, and only a sophomore which is giving him some very valuable experience. So Port Isabel is set for the next couple of years. Watch out for the Tarpons NEXT season. They'll be even better than they are now......and the fun thing is, we still don't know how far this team is going to go THIS season. If they go 3 or 4 rounds deep this year, don't be surprised to see Port Isabel very highly ranked (in NON-DFW based polls that won't penalize teams for not being in "North Texas") to begin the 2003 season. I think it's very possible. I believe that they have the team speed to do it. I believe in them. I see their potential. When others have doubted them, they've proved their doubters wrong time and time again. What they lack in size, they make up for it with heart. In the end, and most will agree with this. Size doesn't really matter in the end. What is that thing called that "kills on the highway and on the football field"??? It's speed, NOT size.

GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!! Beat the Badgers!!!
(The "Toast of the Coast" is BACK, and we're ready to turn some teams into ROAST!)
K.M., Class of '95 - Tarpon 4 Life

bulldog94
11-14-2002, 02:12 PM
Speed does kill, but unfortunatly the previous messages about 4.3 and 4.5 speed is not true. Got friends from Brownsville that have seen it first hand. P.I. has one kid that runs a 4.5. Those that run 4.8 is average speed at best everywhere else. Good Luck to P.I. the rest of the year.

Donkey41
11-14-2002, 05:22 PM
TarponFanInNorthTexas:
I thought the final score was La Vernia 14, Marion 7? Maybe that was false info or something. I dunno.

That doesn't sound good for La Vernia. Hopefully there will be some good coaching for when those kids reach the varsity level. Who knows? That group may turn into one of La Vernia's best teams ever??? I wouldn't worry about it, it happens to the very best of them.

Dude you are right I was looking at the wrong score it was 14-6 LV. Sorry about that
Yeah that was not a very good game. But Marion always gives us trouble for some reason?

It happened to Port Isabel a few years back when the superintendent at the time, and the school board hired the superintendent's son as AD/Head Coach. (that move cost most of the board, AND the superintendent their jobs) Needless to say, that particular coach SUCKED!!! Now, with a VERY good coach at the helm (Monty Stumbaugh) this year's team is very good, and is a majority sophomore/junior ballclub with only 7 seniors. One of them, our BIG starting RT Tony Perez, got injured and unfortunately is out for the season. The guy that replaced him at RT is almost as big, and only a sophomore which is giving him some very valuable experience. So Port Isabel is set for the next couple of years. Watch out for the Tarpons NEXT season. They'll be even better than they are now......and the fun thing is, we still don't know how far this team is going to go THIS season. If they go 3 or 4 rounds deep this year, don't be surprised to see Port Isabel very highly ranked (in NON-DFW based polls that won't penalize teams for not being in "North Texas") to begin the 2003 season. I think it's very possible. I believe that they have the team speed to do it. I believe in them. I see their potential. When others have doubted them, they've proved their doubters wrong time and time again. What they lack in size, they make up for it with heart. In the end, and most will agree with this. Size doesn't really matter in the end. What is that thing called that "kills on the highway and on the football field"??? It's speed, NOT size.

GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!! Beat the Badgers!!!
(The "Toast of the Coast" is BACK, and we're ready to turn some teams into ROAST!)
K.M., Class of '95 - Tarpon 4 Life

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-14-2002, 11:16 PM
bulldog94:
Speed does kill, but unfortunatly the previous messages about 4.3 and 4.5 speed is not true. Got friends from Brownsville that have seen it first hand. P.I. has one kid that runs a 4.5. Those that run 4.8 is average speed at best everywhere else. Good Luck to P.I. the rest of the year.All right dude, go with your "sources" from Brownsville, i'll stick with my sources from PI who are actually ON the team. Good luck to Edna the rest of the year.