PDA

View Full Version : Gainesville/Forney....a few thoughts...

KTJ
11-29-2003, 06:09 PM
...from a newbie on this board.

Congrats to Forney for having a stellar team. You guys--being honest here--had us scared for several minutes. On the Gainesville side, we were all talking to one another asking when the Leopards would wake up! What I admired about Forney was how they came out hyped up and ready to play. Gainesville didn't, and as the random guy who sat next to me said at halftime--"they (Gainesville) will get a strong talkin' to in that lockerroom--trust me." And I did. And sure enough, the Leopards came out fired up.

That ranks as one of my top all-time favorite games--high school or college. I had been keeping up with this board for a while and finally got approved today from the admin. (thanks!) I was going to say a week ago, that no matter what, the Gainesville/Forney game is a win/win for Gainesville. If we win the game, we move on...if we lose, we still won in the hearts of everyone in Gainesville and Cooke County. So many people were pulling for Gainesville, including those teams who normally "hate" the Leopards. It was great to see several schools--Muenster, Valley View, Lindsay, Celina, Pilot Point, Wortham, Iraan, Denton Ryan, Little Elm, Brownwood, among others--sitting in our section, cheering for our team.

I'm glad I came up for the game. I knew Forney would give us a test, and yall did. To be honest, if I decide to go into coaching (basketball), Forney would be a nice place to build a tradition. Great job to both teams.

...and now that I have that out of the way, I can post freely without everyone wanting to know who I am! :D

GO BIG RED! and Hook 'Em Horns! (BCS BABY!)

Rabbit'93
11-29-2003, 06:18 PM
Welcome to the board and thanks for the kind words. Gville made us pay for our mistakes. They will represent Reg. II well. :D

J-RABBITS
11-29-2003, 07:51 PM
yea when we were up 14-3 and driving into the redzone, i was like "man forney is really, really strong"...i was getting really excited and it seemed as if the game turned to g-ville after that missed field goal...from there, we only got deep into g-ville territory once more and that was because of a fumble...

well good luck g-ville and i hope you win state because at least we can say we lost to the state champs 4 yrs in a row (3 right now)...lol...

<small>[ November 29, 2003, 06:51 PM: Message edited by: J-RABBITS ]</small>