PDA

View Full Version : If A-Rod...

BreckTxLonghorn
02-09-2009, 05:27 PM
My buddy & I were talking today and came up with this. Since A-Rod admitted steroid use from '01-'03, what if:

He agreed to take all his number off the books from those three seasons, gave back his MVP, and gave a portion of his salary earned to a charity/MLBPA retirement fund/etc. Plus, from here on out, agreed to monthly/bimonthly testing.

Would you:

1) Forgive him in light of his new actions?
2) Accept any records that he broke even after the other numbers were taken away?
3) Feel he deserved a shot at the HOF?

I know the whole ifs/buts game, but after all that's gone on, we were trying to figure out a best plan of action to save a marquee player and America's Game.

blowfish
02-09-2009, 05:31 PM
Why would he do any of that when everyone will forgive him anyway?

Andy Petite and Jason Giambi didnt do any of those things.

kaorder1999
02-09-2009, 05:34 PM
no because he is only admitting to the time period in which he was caught! WHAT IF he did it before that time period and since he wasn't caught wont ever admit to it??

ol country boy
02-10-2009, 08:44 AM
He also has been tested around 8 times since then & no positives.

Since his name has been released what about the other 103. Release them.

3afan
02-10-2009, 08:48 AM
Arod - NEW YORK - who cares!

jason
02-10-2009, 08:50 AM
he only confessed because he got caught - now, if he had confessed before the tests came out - then it would be commendable...

either way, i couldnt care less - baseball is boring.....

cshscougar08
02-10-2009, 09:23 AM
I agree jason. He confessed only because he got caught. My problem with this situation is that he is on record several times for saying that he had NEVER used steroids. That's the big thing for me. He is just another player who used them and then lied about it.

Farmersfan
02-10-2009, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
I agree jason. He confessed only because he got caught. My problem with this situation is that he is on record several times for saying that he had NEVER used steroids. That's the big thing for me. He is just another player who used them and then lied about it.

If he had come out and simply admitted he wanted the edge and did what he needed to do I would have much more respect for him. All this "I was young and stupid" and "I didn't know what I was doing" crap doesn't fly with me. All the fake sorrow and regret just makes it worse to a pessimist like me anyway.

Phil C
02-10-2009, 10:55 AM
:(

Phil C
02-10-2009, 10:57 AM
This is terrible news and I know we are all feeling sad for A-Rod and baseball but baseball will survive. And remember A-Rod has enough money to last for the rest of his life if it is managed right. So be encouraged A-Rod fans.
Still, it is too bad he is another victim of society. :(

crzyjournalist03
02-10-2009, 11:10 AM
He confesses and claims he was young, naive, and immature, but he stopped taking them after 2003.

What he conveniently fails to point out is that they started testing for it in 2004.

So be honest A-Rod, if they hadn't started testing for it, would you have still stopped in 2003?