View Full Version : Case McCoy to Texas

RMAC
02-08-2009, 07:54 PM
LOL...

ronwx5x
02-08-2009, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
LOL...

What is LOL about that untrue statement?

RedWhiteBlue
02-08-2009, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
What is LOL about that untrue statement?
What is funny about it? And what makes you think it is untrue?:thinking:

ronwx5x
02-08-2009, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
What is funny about it? And what makes you think it is untrue?:thinking:

He typed LOL, I just repeated it in a question. I don't know if Case McCoy is going to Texas or not and neither does he.

Actually, it's not funny at all and if he doesn't know if it is true, the statement is not a fact.:)

RedWhiteBlue
02-08-2009, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
He typed LOL, I just repeated it in a question. I don't know if Case McCoy is going to Texas or not and neither does he.

Actually, it's not funny at all and if he doesn't know if it is true, the statement is not a fact.:)
:doh:

Cameron Crazy
02-08-2009, 09:13 PM
Casey has been offered by several schools already.

Emerson1
02-08-2009, 09:14 PM
According to rivals though Texas' isn't one of them. Guess he could always walk on though.

Cameron Crazy
02-08-2009, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
According to rivals though Texas' isn't one of them. Guess he could always walk on though. Rivals very seldom updates their stuff. It's annoying at times.

Gobbler Fan
02-08-2009, 09:28 PM
Not great numbers Im guessing the coaches see something ....he has been all ready offered by Auburn , Arizona , Colorado State and Texas A&M .

Cameron Crazy
02-08-2009, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
Not great numbers Im guessing the coaches see something ....he has been all ready offered by Auburn , Arizona , Colorado State and Texas A&M . Casey didnt have the best supporting cast in the past two years. The team had been very young.

RMAC
02-08-2009, 09:40 PM
Case committed at UT's Junior Day today...

And I find that funny...sounds like a courtesy 'ship.

TigerPride
02-08-2009, 10:25 PM

WHO is case????

c-town_balla
02-08-2009, 10:27 PM
case McCoy

RedWhiteBlue
02-09-2009, 08:40 AM

I am going to be 'courteous' and ask you to keep your 'funny' little comments to yourself......

Looking4number8
02-09-2009, 09:17 AM
I am going to be 'courteous'

That's a first!

LionKing
02-09-2009, 10:47 AM
Case's situation is strikingly similiar to what Colt's was, most said they were offered as backup plans to a more highly rated prospects (Ryan Perrilioux and Colt, and Case and Connor Wood), we all know how Colt's backup Qb duties ended up.
Case's situation might take longer because Garret Gilbert will be between him and Colt, and whether or not Connor Wood decides to attend Texas, Colt was helped by Perrilioux never making to Texas.

injuredinmelee
02-09-2009, 10:51 AM
I am going to be 'courteous' and ask you to keep your 'funny' little comments to yourself......
why? DO you do that to everyone? Or is it because its a hometown person he is commenting on?

injuredinmelee
02-09-2009, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
why? DO you do that to everyone? Or is it because its a hometown person he is commenting on?
but in reality I think rmac is not happy that Case is not going to tech.

RMAC
02-09-2009, 12:01 PM
but in reality I think rmac is not happy that Case is not going to tech.
Nah...I don't think Case would cut it at either Tech or Texas. IMO, hes nowhere near as good as Colt. He looked to have plenty of talent when he was younger but he doesnt deliver on the field like Colt did at Jim Ned. And given UT's questionable ability to develop talent once it gets on campus I just don't see why they take him now. Go after the big boys now cuz Case wasn't going to he signing up elsewhere any time soon as most other schools would wait until they see him in the fall.

Cameron Crazy
02-09-2009, 12:46 PM
Nah...I don't think Case would cut it at either Tech or Texas. IMO, hes nowhere near as good as Colt. He looked to have plenty of talent when he was younger but he doesnt deliver on the field like Colt did at Jim Ned. And given UT's questionable ability to develop talent once it gets on campus I just don't see why they take him now. Go after the big boys now cuz Case wasn't going to he signing up elsewhere any time soon as most other schools would wait until they see him in the fall. RMAC, you do have to realize he didnt really have the best supporting cast in the past years he played. So, give him some credit.

eagles_victory
02-09-2009, 01:01 PM
Nah...I don't think Case would cut it at either Tech or Texas. IMO, hes nowhere near as good as Colt. He looked to have plenty of talent when he was younger but he doesnt deliver on the field like Colt did at Jim Ned. And given UT's questionable ability to develop talent once it gets on campus I just don't see why they take him now. Go after the big boys now cuz Case wasn't going to he signing up elsewhere any time soon as most other schools would wait until they see him in the fall. They have produced over 40 NFL players one of the highest numbers of any school in the country

sweetwater07
02-09-2009, 03:16 PM

lol....i've seen him play twice and was not impressed whatsoever with either performance

Electus Unus
02-09-2009, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
RMAC, you do have to realize he didnt really have the best supporting cast in the past years he played. So, give him some credit. That is well and good but a top QB prospect that is going to UT should be able to muscle his team to more victories and better performances than his 17/10 and 22/11 TD/INT ratio. I agree with the courteous scholarship comment earlier.

RedWhiteBlue
02-09-2009, 03:56 PM
Obviously, you do not know me that well...... and that is okey-dokey!!!:D

LionKing
02-09-2009, 04:47 PM
Nah...I don't think Case would cut it at either Tech or Texas. IMO, hes nowhere near as good as Colt. He looked to have plenty of talent when he was younger but he doesnt deliver on the field like Colt did at Jim Ned. And given UT's questionable ability to develop talent once it gets on campus I just don't see why they take him now. Go after the big boys now cuz Case wasn't going to he signing up elsewhere any time soon as most other schools would wait until they see him in the fall. You're misinformed RMAC, Greg Davis at UT is well known for developing QB's into championship and Heisman caliber, Case will be backup to one of the best high school QB's in the nation in Garrett Gilbert, Texas also wants to sign two QB's in this class, so one of them might as well be Case McCoy, even if he is never as good as his brother, he'll be a great backup.

Txbroadcaster
02-09-2009, 06:20 PM
Kind of funny

When Colt stepped into the starting role at UT no one thought he would amount to anything..now it is..his brother will not be as good as him and such

point being..lets see how he develops before we decide he will not be as good as brother, or anyone else for that matter

eagleqb_14
02-09-2009, 07:24 PM
dnt think he'll go

RMAC
02-10-2009, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by LionKing
You're misinformed RMAC, Greg Davis at UT is well known for developing QB's into championship and Heisman caliber, Case will be backup to one of the best high school QB's in the nation in Garrett Gilbert, Texas also wants to sign two QB's in this class, so one of them might as well be Case McCoy, even if he is never as good as his brother, he'll be a great backup.

I see what you're saying and I agree about 50%. I can understand wanting to go where your older sibling went. What I don't understand though, is why he wouldn't go some place where he knows from day one that he will be the guy. There's nothing wrong with being 2nd string at a program like UT, but I would think he'd go elsewhere to ensure a starting role. If he didn't have that many great kids around him, I understand that. You also have to remember that these were the kids that were murdering people when they were coming up in 8th grade 3 1/2 years ago and folks back home were saying "just a few more years". Yeah, I know it was jr. high but I also said when I was 14, and you don't have to believe me, but I did, that Wylie would win a state title my jr. or sr. year of high school, and low and behold, what did those Bulldogs do? My point is you can't blame that on everybody but one, you have to take the entire group as a whole.

Grahamboys
02-19-2009, 10:40 PM
Casey didnt have the best supporting cast in the past two years. The team had been very young.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! We made that kid look good. He will never have a team like he had in 2007-2008. If it wouldn't have been for his interceptions Graham would have been in the state game that year and everyone knows it!
Case never had to earn anything. We all worked our tails off to get there and he just walks in there. He's never had anyone challenge him for his spot cause daddy won't let it happen. He will never be great until he works for his spot and it not just given to him!

Grahamboys
02-19-2009, 10:45 PM
RMAC, you do have to realize he didnt really have the best supporting cast in the past years he played. So, give him some credit.

Cameron Crazy shut up!! you have no idea what you're talking about. You can't even make team in high school cause you can't handle the pain! so shh.. let the big kids talk.

LH Panther Mom
02-19-2009, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Grahamboys
Kinder shut up!! you have no idea what you're talking about. You can't even make team in high school cause you can't handle the pain! so shh.. let the big kids talk.

:doh: :doh: Check your private messages.

Trashman
02-20-2009, 01:30 AM
Sombody's gettin a whoppin.........:D

RedWhiteBlue
02-20-2009, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
Sombody's gettin a whoppin.........:D
And he/ she/ it should....:eek: