PDA

View Full Version : As usual, I am confused

Looking4number8
02-08-2009, 06:05 PM
So if the official signing day is in February and kids are not allowed to commit before that, how does an early enrolled student get his scholarship started in January. I understand that the kid has already graduated from high school and that should make a difference but i see all these pictures of kids signing their official letters of intent when they are already enrolled.

Is this just a formality for early grads? What if they attend college for a few days, then decide they dont like that school, withdraw and sign a letter of intent to another school.

Rabid Cougar
02-08-2009, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
So if the official signing day is in February and kids are not allowed to commit before that, how does an early enrolled student get his scholarship started in January. I understand that the kid has already graduated from high school and that should make a difference but i see all these pictures of kids signing their official letters of intent when they are already enrolled.

Is this just a formality for early grads? What if they attend college for a few days, then decide they dont like that school, withdraw and sign a letter of intent to another school.

You are allowed to give a non-binding verbal committment before your senior season. It is just a statement and you can commit and decommit as much as you dare unit February. Once you sign a NLI it is a contract. If you withdraw from school that after that, the school has say over where you can go.

If you graduate high school , say in December after you senior season, you can sign a NLI the day you graduate.

RedStorm
02-08-2009, 08:49 PM
then Lsu coulda kept Pratt?