PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to West Oso's Chandace Tryon

pirate4state
02-07-2009, 07:53 PM
West Oso's Chandace Tryon Named McDonald's All-American Nominee

Updated: Feb 6, 2009 11:20 PM CST

WEST OSO - The West Oso girls look poised to make another run at Austin; the ladies claimed the 31-3A District Championship, easily dismantling Mathis Friday night.

The biggest reason for their success is standout forward Chandace Tryon. The senior post player is averaging a team best 23.2 points per game, along with 12.8 rebounds.

Friday evening, Tryon officially etched her name in the Bears records books as she was named McDonald's All-American nominee, making her the first West Oso athlete to ever receive the honor.

"It's definitely an honor. When coach first told me, I was pretty shocked because I know there's so many girls out of the whole country that get picked for this and so, it's a great honor," Tryon stated.

The selection committee still has plenty of work to do. The list of nominees will be pared down to the top 20-25 players in the nation for the annual all-star game. In addition, Tryon had 21 points tonight against Mathis, as the Lady bears won it 54-29.

Online Reporter: Sean Horejs

Story link, video included (http://www.kristv.com/Global/story.asp?S=9805160&nav=menu192_4_1)

Phil C
02-07-2009, 09:47 PM
BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR!!