PDA

View Full Version : Softball/Baseball Scrimmages

yoe64
02-07-2009, 09:50 AM
I know both of our teams are scrimmaging..Girls against Weimar in Cameron

and our baseball team in a 3-way scrimmage between Fairfield and Robinson in Robinson.

Anyone else scrimmaging?

yoe64
02-07-2009, 09:57 AM
Anybody know how Weimar is supposed to be this year?

87 TIGER
02-07-2009, 10:13 AM
I havent seen them in 2 years but they used to be pretty good we played them 2 years in a row both games were 1 pt decisions we split and we were pretty tough 4 years ago. Good luck should be a good test.We scrimmaged Gonzales thur. won that one 9-0 We have Lexington and Centerville today in Lexington. Good luck

44INAROW
02-07-2009, 05:51 PM
Cuero baseball vs Wharton in Wharton on Tuesday Feb 10th.......

SintonFan_inAustin
02-07-2009, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Cuero baseball vs Wharton in Wharton on Tuesday Feb 10th....... i might be in Eagle Lake/Wharton area late afternoon on Tuesday, what time is varsity scrimmage?

Brahma84
02-07-2009, 06:13 PM
Bellville gets the season started with the traditional Bellville/Katy Taylor scrimmage, Monday the 9th @ 4:00 in Bellville.

pirate4state
02-07-2009, 06:41 PM
Sinton scrimmaged Calallen, Victoria Memorial & CC Miller today. We won all 3. Pitched 4 different girls, defense looks good.

Scrimmage TM (in TM) on Tuesday and the Bluff (at home) on Saturday.

SintonFan_inAustin
02-07-2009, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Sinton scrimmaged Calallen, Victoria Memorial & CC Miller today. We won all 3. Pitched 4 different girls, defense looks good.

Scrimmage TM (in TM) on Tuesday and the Bluff (at home) on Saturday. :mad: :doh: :( you didnt post it they were scrimmaging . good to hear they had a good showing against 4a schools.

pirate4state
02-07-2009, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
:mad: :doh: :( you didnt post it they were scrimmaging . good to hear they had a good showing against 4a schools. sorry....i've been kinda out of it this week HAHA

44INAROW
02-07-2009, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
i might be in Eagle Lake/Wharton area late afternoon on Tuesday, what time is varsity scrimmage?

the JV is set to start at 5:00 and Varsity at 7:00 We've got Industrial on Friday in Cuero at 5:00 and 7:00

trojan37
02-07-2009, 10:06 PM
West baseball will be scrimmaging Lorena in Lorena on Monday-weather permitting.

Looking4number8
02-08-2009, 10:34 AM
I know you guys are talking about a different part of the state but Brownwood hosted a 4 team scrimmage Saturday. We had Brownwood, Eula, Lake Worth and Kennedle

Eula struggled, I heard someone say all but 3 of there varsity girls were still in basketball

Lake Worth has a new coach. They played well at times but you could tell she was rebuilding the program. She will have them rolling soon

Kennedale and Brownwood played pretty even, actually tied 1-1 in their scrimmage. I dont know what Kennedale has still in basketball but we have 6 varsity players still in Bball until at least Tuesday.

Brownwood scrimmages Aledo in Aledo on Monday, wish us luck with that one.

This time of year, you can tell the pitching is still a good bit ahead of the hitting. Gonna be a fun year!

Lion_Addict
02-08-2009, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
I know you guys are talking about a different part of the state but Brownwood hosted a 4 team scrimmage Saturday. We had Brownwood, Eula, Lake Worth and Kennedle

Eula struggled, I heard someone say all but 3 of there varsity girls were still in basketball

Lake Worth has a new coach. They played well at times but you could tell she was rebuilding the program. She will have them rolling soon

Kennedale and Brownwood played pretty even, actually tied 1-1 in their scrimmage. I dont know what Kennedale has still in basketball but we have 6 varsity players still in Bball until at least Tuesday.

Brownwood scrimmages Aledo in Aledo on Monday, wish us luck with that one.

This time of year, you can tell the pitching is still a good bit ahead of the hitting. Gonna be a fun year!

Hey man.....tell that girl since the volleyball team made it to state we expect them to do the same in softball......but no pressure :D .
Seriously, tell her to tear 'em up out there!!! :thumbsup:

LHS 2SONS
02-08-2009, 10:00 PM
Over the weekend, LG Softball had their alumni game(on the new softball field) and won, then went on the road to El Campo and swept them in a doubleheader

LG Baseball scrimmages Hempstead tomorrow (Monday) at the new LG baseball complex, in which both the new Softball/Baseball complex is pretty impressive

Johnnypaycheck
02-08-2009, 11:36 PM
the JV is set to start at 5:00 and Varsity at 7:00 We've got Industrial on Friday in Cuero at 5:00 and 7:00

Wharton vs Cuero is Monday night feb 9th.. 5 and 7:30 jv/var...

yoe64
02-09-2009, 01:26 PM
Lady yoe softball won against Weimar 8-4.

Boys don't play in Robinson until tomorrow...my mistake

STAggie
02-09-2009, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Brahma84
Bellville gets the season started with the traditional Bellville/Katy Taylor scrimmage, Monday the 9th @ 4:00 in Bellville.

This is the bragging rights game. LOL. Both of the Cernys are excellent coaches and call Sealy home.

44INAROW
02-09-2009, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Johnnypaycheck
Wharton vs Cuero is Monday night feb 9th.. 5 and 7:30 jv/var...

you're right - I had my days mixed up.. :doh: I hope SFIA sees this - I'd hate for him to sit in the Wharton parking lot all alone tomorrow night :confused: :D

Looking4number8
02-10-2009, 12:27 AM
Brownwood scrimmaged Aledo tonight. Aledo is defending 4A state champion and national champions ( I realize that is a tittle given not played for). We lost 5-0 and at least 4 of the runs were unearned. We had a freshman at 3rd, shortstop and catcher and 6 varsity girls still in varsity. Not downplaying those freshman though, they are gonna be tough to move down to JV! Anyways I am not sure what all Aledo lost and I know it is early in the season for them but it is also early for us. I was very happy with the way our girls played. We struggled a little both at the plate and in the field but played hard and held a very good team to 5 runs. Hope this year continues to be good for us!

SintonFan_inAustin
02-10-2009, 12:48 AM
you're right - I had my days mixed up.. :doh: I hope SFIA sees this - I'd hate for him to sit in the Wharton parking lot all alone tomorrow night :confused: :D :) whew! glad i checked :)

87 TIGER
02-10-2009, 09:07 AM
Rockdale tied Lexington 1-1 and beat Centerville 3-2

KngKongInDTrunk
02-10-2009, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
Rockdale tied Lexington 1-1 and beat Centerville 3-2

4-2

Anyone know how cameron looked against Weimar?

yoe64
02-10-2009, 12:59 PM
Lady Yoe were scheduled to scrimmage Rogers on Monday, but were rained out..now scheduled for Wednesday

87 TIGER
02-10-2009, 03:44 PM
Yoe looked pretty good , but Wiemer is down this year. And KingKong I must have been stuffing my face with a burger and missed a score, thanks.