PDA

View Full Version : Corsicana Job

sabre1
02-06-2009, 11:20 PM
Anybody hear anything about this?

BOCEPHUS
02-07-2009, 08:56 AM
they by gawd got sum facilities. thought i was in heaven, they the other team kicked off, it was h3ll. i guess i shoulda read the sign(s)

eagles_victory
02-07-2009, 12:30 PM
Search begins

Tough need only to apply for Tigers’ job

By Todd Wills

Corsicana athletic director Joe Young began the long process of finding a new football coach Wednesday, posting the position for 14 days as required by state law.

Then comes the interview process, which could take another two weeks.

And then the school board meeting, where the new coach will be presented and hopefully approved, setting him up to start work before Spring Break (March 14).

Yes, it’s going to be a long month — and who knows six weeks — to talk about who will replace Dave Henigan, who was removed as Tigers’ coach after going 35-21 in five years.

One thing is for sure, we’ll have fun vetting this out.

The No. 1 question is, what are Young and superintendent Don Denbow, because you know the winningest coach in school history will have his say, looking for in a new coach?

This, my friends, is an easy one to answer.

The new coach, first and foremost, will have to make his top priority the Tigers’ offseason program. Simply put, the theory out there is the Tigers have to get tougher and work harder. As one person close to the program told me today, “We needed to get rid of the country-club mentality out there.”

Young, who I spoke to at length Wednesday night, wasn’t about to go there. In fact he defended Henigan when I told him that, as he rightly should have.

But don’t take that to mean that Young and Denbow and whoever is making the decisions in this football-crazy town aren’t looking for a coach who will kick some you know what.

“We’re looking for a head coach that is going to push our kids,” Young said. “We’re going to look for a head coach that is going to have a very high level of intensity both in-season and offseason at practices, at offseason workouts, at games.

“We’re not necessarily looking for someone that is a rah-rah guy if that’s not his personality. We’re not looking for someone that is a heavy-handed dictator if that’s not his personality.

“We don’t have any set mindset of what the new coach is going to look like except someone that has a plan, that is going to work hard at that plan and really work the kids hard.”

That’s not to say Henigan’s players didn’t work hard, just not to the current brass’s liking.

Look, don’t think for a minute that the Corsicana program wasn’t being monitored this season — and again, rightfully so after 10-11 over the two seasons. As one person close to Henigan told me, “At what other school in Texas does the superintendent go watch football practice?”

There’s no doubt in my mind that from the first time I met Young on the sidelines of the Tigers’ scrimmage against Forney way back in August, he was already evaluating the Henigan Tigers. And while there was respect there — I mean who doesn’t respect Dave Henigan around here — the ultimate opinion, was there was a need for a change.

“Coach Henigan worked the kids hard in the way he thought was best to work them,” Young said. “He always had a plan. He always worked the plan. There was never any doubt that he was highly organized and knew what he was trying to do but I think that it wasn’t a good fit in Corsicana.

“Not that it is wrong, and not a wrong approach to running program. And I think coach Henigan is going to be very successful as a coach, but in Corsicana, Texas that approach has not produced results.”

That approach, from what I gather, was too soft.

I made a phone call Wednesday to ex-Tiger coach and quarterback Tom Wilson — he of a dazzling .729 winning percentage as the Tigers’ coach — to ask him, in his opinion, what has been Corsicana’s identity through the years.

Wilson’s answer was an obvious one. “We’ve always been known for playing physical football,” he said. This wasn’t a critique of the Henigan years. I was just asking a man who has lived Corsicana football to explain what it’s all about.

I’ll write the “bring-Tom-Wilson-back-as-head-coach column” in a few days. That’s a promise.

But I mention this conversation, because any time you’re in the process of hiring a new coach, it’s always been a good idea to find one who understands the program’s philosophy.

That’s where we are today. And while it’s tough to say goodbye to Henigan — he’s a great man — Tiger fans can be assured that Young, the most impressive athletic director I’ve run across in 16 years as a reporter — will hire the right coach.

Young’s search will be all about this —finding a coach who will preach physical football, starting in the offseason and going through the state championship game.

“Any successful football program is going to have to have that be-physical mentality,” Young said. “I don’t think that’s unique to Corsicana.

“If you’re going to push deep into the playoffs, you’re going to have kids that are tough. That’s a long season. You have to have kids that are aggressive. I don’t think you can be successful anywhere without that.”

—————

Todd Wills may be contacted via e-mail at twills@corsicanadailysun.com

Want to “Sound Off” on this story? E-mail: soundoff@corsicanadailysun.com

Tigers’ Tale of the Tape

Tigers’ coach Dave Henigan was relieved of his coaching duties Wednesday after five seasons as head coach. Here’s a look at some numbers that mark the Henigan years:

First 5 years:

Inherited 4-5-1 team, Don Denbow 29-22-2

Inherited 5-5 team, Tom Wilson 47-17

Inherited 8-3 team, Jeff Berry 33-16 (4 years)

Inherited 10-2 team, Dave Henigan 35-21

Tiger coaching records since 1970

Coach Years Record Winning %

Jim Payne 70-72 18-12-3 .545

Bill Froman 73-76 20-18-2 .500

Don Denbow 77-92 124-51-10 .670

Tom Wilson 93-99 62-23-0 .729

Jeff Berry 00-03 33-16 .673

Dave Henigan 04-08 35-21 .600

Worst 3 consecutive seasons:

1976-1978 10-18-2 (Froman, Denbow)

1977-1979 14-15-2 (1979 team went 8-2-1)

2006-2008 15-16-0 (Henigan)

1971-1973 13-13-2 (Payne, Froman)

Best 3 consecutive seasons:

1982-1984 34-5-4 (state finalist 1982)

1984-1986 33-4

2003-2005 30-7 (Berry and Henigan)

1995-1997 30-8 9 (state finalist 1997)

Matthew328
02-07-2009, 02:57 PM
Some big names in the small school ranks might apply here, great facilities, perfect sized town, somewhat close to the city but still far enough out to be in the country, GREAT talent and tradition....a lot to like about this job

eagles_victory
02-07-2009, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
That "great talent" stuff is myth thesedays. Corsicana is a dying town. No new business, no new industry, no growth. Corsicana is now a pretty rough place to live. This is where that great tradition can hurt you. With that tradition comes expectations, and Corsicana no longer has the horses to meet those expectations. Look for the same thing to happen to Ennis in the very near future. It's also a dying town. The only town in that area that has any growth at all is Waxahachie. Dead on I live 30 miles from there and my ex use to live there so I would go there and it is a terrible place to live. Roads are too small for the traffic most of the town is run down worst movie theatre in the state (it is cheap though we saw a movie for 5 dollars for both of us i was happy) The only thing nice is the part of town with the new stadium and school and the Wal Mart area.

Matthew328
02-07-2009, 05:52 PM
I still think you can win there, yeah its got a rough patch on 7th street but they've got some talent still.....

Txbroadcaster
02-07-2009, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
I still think you can win there, yeah its got a rough patch on 7th street but they've got some talent still.....

yes SOME talent..problem is, the fan base thinks it is still Cana of old with talent at almost every position

Additup
02-07-2009, 11:35 PM
But they dont have...Red Oak talent.
Wow interesting quote there, Bass.
If The Can is less talanted than Red Oak, then times really are a-changin'...

eagles_victory
02-07-2009, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
yes SOME talent..problem is, the fan base thinks it is still Cana of old with talent at almost every position Yea Ketrick Sanford isnt walking through that door or any of their other past stars for that matter just the only one I could think of off hand oh and Bethel Johnson

Brutus 1
02-09-2009, 10:40 AM
They should go get the Giddings HC if they want what the article says. He will run a hard off-season, push the kids and demand discipline !

Additup
02-09-2009, 11:34 PM
Red Oak has been pretty salty the last few years. They're getting alot of growth coming down I35. Alot of movement from Desoto and Cedar Hill, now that those towns have gotten a little rough.
Unfortunately, none of that growth is coming down I45.
I know you're right...it just sounds funny saying it.

BOCEPHUS
02-10-2009, 05:53 AM
Hopeful for the future’

Denbow calls hiring decision for new coach ‘crucial’

By Todd Wills

Don Denbow didn’t pause Monday morning when asked if the selection of the next Tigers’ football coach is a big hire for the program.

“Crucial,” said Denbow, Corsicana Independent School District superintendent. “It’s a heavy responsibility.”

After all, this is Tiger football.

During a 45-minute interview in his office, Denbow addressed the state of a Corsicana football program that will, in the next month or two, have its third coach since the 2003 season. Head coach Dave Henigan was removed on Wednesday after five seasons in which he posted an overall 35-21 record.

The concern, for Denbow and athletic director Joe Young, is that the Tigers missed the playoffs the last two seasons — the first time that’s happened in three decades — and posted a 15-16 record over the last three seasons.

That, Young said last week, prompted Henigan’s reassignment.

Denbow said Monday that Tiger football can make a comeback.

“I’m hopeful for the future,” Denbow said. “Saddened by the recent events but hopeful for the future.”

Denbow, the Tigers’ all-time winningest football coach with 124 wins, has strong opinions on what must be done for the Tigers to not only get back to the playoffs, but also to go deep in the playoffs and play football after Thanksgiving Day, seen as the measuring stick of every great high school program in Texas.

“It’s easy to voice opinions when you’re supposedly involved in the decision making,” Denbow said. “Yeah, I have some strong opinions on what can be done. And I have some strong opinions about the potential success of the program in the future.

“We just simply have to pay attention to the ingredients that make a difference in programs.”

Denbow said it starts with making sure Corsicana’s football program has the appropriate facilities. “I think there’s no doubt that those are in place,” he said. Corsicana has a three-year old, 10,001-seat stadium that has hosted 15 playoffs games in the last two years, and a state-of-the-art weight room. An indoor practice facility is slated for the near future.
An indoor practice facility is slated for the near future.

Denbow also said the football program needs an appropriate budget, which he says is in place.

And then there’s the other key ingredient.

“To glean as much talent as we possibly can and point kids in the programs who have the ability to play football,” Denbow said. “We have an opportunity to re-energize that, which happens occasionally,” Denbow said.

Denbow said the new coach will be have to rebuild the Tigers from the seventh-grade level and up.

“I believe that’s an important aspect of it,” he said. “You don’t necessarily look at wins and losses at the middle school level, but at the same time you look at the attrition rate and you look at some success.

“We have to reach out to some public groups like Pee Wee football. We need to do more to help them in their programs and to develop interest in kids at that age. And we have to do the same for Little Dribblers basketball. So that our kids have some background before they come into the seventh grade.

“It’s really a top to bottom type of approach to the programs that we need to reemphasize.”

Denbow said part of the structuring of the questions in the interview process will focus on the coach’s approach to every level of Corsicana football.

“What do you plan on doing to reach out to the community and to help develop systems that will eventually result in some positive results at the high school level?” Denbow said.

Denbow didn’t say Monday whether or not Henigan had fallen short in these areas.

Denbow and the CISD hired Henigan as a top coaching prospect out of football powers Denton Ryan and Highland Park. Denbow thought a lot of Henigan when he was hired, and said Monday he still does, which made last week’s decision difficult.

“It’s like any other decision for anyone who holds this particular position,” Denbow said. “You make decisions that affect other people’s lives. And that’s not an easy task sometimes especially when personal feelings may be somewhat contrary to what the final decision has to be.”

When asked what he thought about Henigan’s comment in Thursday’s Daily Sun — “We maximized our talent” — Denbow said every successful coach has to believe in their own system.

“They have to believe in the way they organize the program whether it’s off-season or during the season or whatever,” Denbow said. “That’s not surprising that he has that strong belief.

“Regardless of what’s happened in the last week he’s been a head football coach at a respected 4A program. You don’t get to the point without having success and without having a real supreme confidence in your own ability and in the ability of the people around you.”

Now Denbow and Corsicana face the long process of finding the next Tigers’ football coach.

When asked if he and Young hoped to have a coach in place before spring break (March 16), Denbow said that’s not a stone-cold deadline.

“It’s important to get the right one no matter how long it takes,” Denbow said.

—————

Hopeful for the future’ AN INDOOR PRACTICE FACILITY IS SLATED FOR THE NEAR FUTURE. An indoor practice facility is slated for the near future. An indoor practice facility is slated for the near future.

HEY BRUTUS, MAN STILL GET TO WEAR HIS HAT INDOORS, YOU CLOSE TO UP THERE, WHAT U KNOW ABOUT IT

BOCEPHUS
02-10-2009, 05:59 AM

HEY BRUTUS, WHERE THE ONE SEAT BE???????? CAN'T SEE IT

Twirling Time
02-10-2009, 12:28 PM
Red Oak has been pretty salty the last few years. They're getting alot of growth coming down I35. Alot of movement from Desoto and Cedar Hill, now that those towns have gotten a little rough.
Unfortunately, none of that growth is coming down I45.

That's what I don't get. Look in any other direction and the suburbs are exploding. I guess Ennis is hurt by the fact there isn't a big inner-ring suburb of Dallas in between for people to move out of, like Plano is in between Dallas and Frisco/Allen/McKinney.

Brutus 1
02-11-2009, 10:30 AM
Denbow was an old school coach and wants an old school coach in place this time ! Have a feeling Giddings head man may be a possibility, heard him and the Corsicana AD know each other ???

BMOC
02-11-2009, 11:07 AM
Any idea who has applied for this job?

Brutus 1
02-12-2009, 09:59 AM
No news ????????

sic'em
02-12-2009, 10:27 AM
I echo most all that's been said. Corsicana is a bad place to be now b/c of geography. The only reason to go there is the $2.25 movie theater and Collin Street. The wife and I chose Ennis over Wax or RO b/c we were from small towns and wanted a more rural setting, many people don't want that though. (Plus the drive is much easier on 45 than 35) I think Ennis will stay as it is until suburbia completely takes over Wax and comes down 287. That will be 10 years.
As for the job, from what I hear around here they run off Coach Berry b/c he got in people's faces although we won. Now they are running off Henigan for running a country club. I fully believe that they still have more talent than Wax, Ennis, or RO (Look at the # of D1 signees over the past 4 years). The problem is the culture of the town. That town reminds me ALOT of Gainesville. They will either win state or get last b/c of the culture and mindset of the kids.

Brutus 1
02-12-2009, 10:29 AM
Selected interviews start the 17th ! Heard Giddings HC will be in this group !:thinking: :thinking:

BOCEPHUS
02-12-2009, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Brutus 1
Denbow was an old school coach and wants an old school coach in place this time ! Have a feeling Giddings head man may be a possibility, heard him and the Corsicana AD know each other ???

ok. but i just heard down at the mexican food joint that Fitz was in the Westlake job?????? so these 2 different animals here, or sumbody dun got confused

Dogman_1969
02-12-2009, 04:04 PM
sources from Giddings are nervous that this may have been the last year of the midline option in Giddings. He may have Westlake and Corsicana in his sights.........

stopper
02-12-2009, 09:52 PM
I have been a season ticket holder for many years, have followed the Buffs all over Texas. And this will be my first post on this forum, although I have enjoyed reading it the last 3 years.

The rumors of Coach Fitzhenry leaving really bothers me. The hard nosed, no nonsense attitude he brought to Giddings has been a blessing and a breath of fresh air to what you hear and see at other schools and on other teams. Young men play hard, act right, never give up. Think that goes without saying if you followed them at all this year.

I know coaches come and go, move up the ladder, its a business, etc. But still part of me hopes this is all just a rumor, no substance to it at all.

Just sitting back and looking at the big picture it makes very little sense for him to want to pack up and leave.
I mean:
1)average 11 wins a year for all 5 years he has been here
2) just missed playing for state championship by one game this year.
3) has atleast 1/2 of those starters returning.
4)building a new school that includes all athletic facilities, weight room.
5) his middle son will be a soph., looks like he may be good as big brother someday.

I guess if it is money I unerstand, especially if it is alot of money. Just know everybody is happy with him here, well except for the handful of people that just have to find something to gripe about, but am sure all towns have those kind of know it all blowhards.

There is probably something I don't know about or understand. But I do know this. If there is something Giddings can do to keep him I would say I will be the first one to roll up my sleeves and get to work and get it done. I know we will find another coach and move on, just the thought of us not lining up and running right at people all night long, taking control of the game. I mean how many of the old school smash, mouth coaches are there left out there?

Anyway just figured I would put my 2 cents in now, for what it is worth anyway.

BOCEPHUS
02-13-2009, 09:41 AM
HEY, DEFENSE TOO!!!
THE LAST TWO AAA DEFENSIVE PLAYERS OF THE YEAR FROM GIDDENS, ALLAN DOCK AND 'X' DANIELS!!!

Brutus 1
02-13-2009, 10:01 AM
From what I understand the HC in Giddings has it going his way but at the same time he has had alot of success there. So, why leave ??????:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

stopper
02-13-2009, 03:26 PM
Well guess I opened up a topic seems like. Seems all is not what it seems, it seems like. You know what I mean. We won alot of games here in the past 5 years for sure. I credit Fitzhenry and his staff for alot of that, obviously we had some talent, we did not waste it. Don't get me wrong now I did not say that I agreed with everything the man did, but if that was the case I guess he would not be a good coach if everybody always agreed. But if our administration has a problem with anything he has done I think we need to take a long hard look at what their problem might be. Guess I am tip toe in and around this trying to stay between the lines. I was 'fed' a statement, it was "sometimes it gets old when you have to keep apologizing for winning in football" , not totally sure what this means, but I am afraid I may have clue. If they got a problem with Coach Fitzhenry and the success he has had, well I think I have found my problem. If it turns out that he leaves because they cannot workout whatever issues they have, then think I will look into what their problem is. This about young men and proud football program. I think the administration should get on board and enjoy it, maybe we got an ego problem here.

kaorder1999
02-13-2009, 03:29 PM
i hear a coach that won a few titles in East Texas at the 4A and 5A level is interested in this one. Just might happen!

BOCEPHUS
02-14-2009, 06:19 PM
OK.
THE GIDDINGS COACH AND A UNAMED KILGORE COORD.(AND SON) ARE APPLY'EN .....WHO ELSE IS A LOOK'N AT THIS DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH

WAOBUFFS!
02-15-2009, 09:57 PM
The only people that would like to see this happen is the football coaches in District 25, and I guess the most of the coaches in Region 4. But NOBODY in Giddings(that cares about the football program) will even consider that it will happen. WE ARE IN DENIAL.

Coach Fitz and staff will be on the sideline in '09' right here in Giddings America! Running the Smash Mouth Attack "Wide Arse Open" as usual.

cr180t
02-15-2009, 10:10 PM
What all are they building in Giddings. A new High School

WAOBUFFS!
02-16-2009, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by cr180t
What all are they building in Giddings. A new High School

New High School, Gym, All Dressing rooms, and NEW WEIGHT ROOM. It will be Giddings first weight room, atloeast first real weight room. The one they use now is an oversized closet, probably the worst in the district, probably the whole region.

Txbroadcaster
02-16-2009, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
i hear a coach that won a few titles in East Texas at the 4A and 5A level is interested in this one. Just might happen!

is this coach u mention now in DISD?

Matthew328
02-16-2009, 09:07 AM
Allen Wilson wouldn't be a bad hire at all

Brutus 1
02-16-2009, 10:09 AM
Information says Westlake people have already started checking on Fitzhenry and he will be in Corsicana this week ! Seems to me the question should be who will take over in Giddings and who would go with him should he leave ???????:thinking: :thinking:

kaorder1999
02-16-2009, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Allen Wilson wouldn't be a bad hire at all

just rumor of course!!

footballer
02-16-2009, 02:38 PM
If Fitz wants to go to Corsicana or somewhere else, I say let him go. He has his good points, and his bad, like most people. He is not the God that some folks make him out to be. Before he came, there was a strong, winning football tradition in Giddings, and it will continue, whenever Fitz decides to leave. Giddings will have many qualified, applicants, should this job open up, and the winning tradition in football will continue in Giddings. I'd say at least 3/4s of the town won't be sad to see him leave, and yes, those that I'm talking about right now do care about football. Bottom line, Fitz is not an athletic director now, he's simply a football coach, so Corsicana would be a great fit for him, since an athletic director is already in place.

WAO-BUFFALOE
02-17-2009, 09:29 AM
must be a soccer mom.

I been round these parts for a good while. Sit in stands the years before the Fitzhenry era. Matter of fact have sit there a bunch longer. Best overall 5 years in a row of Buffaloe Football in history, and yeah, including the early 50's too!

This was a rebuiliding year! ended up rebuilding all the way to semi-finals.

As far as the AD rhetoric goes, from my vantage point we got way too many people trying to be the AD in giddings, may be why he has got a gut full of it and wants out. AD needs to handle and be responsible for all athletics and all coaches. Other administrators need to do there job and stay out of athletics.

JMO---since you stated yours

pirate4state
02-17-2009, 10:02 AM
Some of you are skating on a thin ice....

Rule #3
At 3A Downlow, we also tend to frown upon posts that attack the integrity of school systems and coaches.

Leave all your personal agendas off this board.

Brutus 1
02-17-2009, 10:31 AM
Hey footballer be careful what you wish for !!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

BOCEPHUS
02-17-2009, 10:33 AM
BRUTUS, WHAT YOU DO'EN ROUND THESE HERE PARTS?

AIN'T U GOT SUM BARS TO BEND, CHALK TO RUB............?????

Brutus 1
02-17-2009, 10:46 AM
We do that early in the morning and in the afternoon ! By the way I know you are close to the situatiuon, footballer is the first I have heard of anything negative being said about the Giddings HC????:confused: :confused: :confused:

BOCEPHUS
02-17-2009, 10:54 AM
lmao.............they called him soccer mom.
atleast 20% of the community does not like a winning football coach, thar are them kinda people in the world, so be it. go to LH and I bet u will find some petty people that will say whatever about Vance. Or wherever, there was people that did not like Briles at S'ville, etc....................u can go on and on.................and i won't!!!!!!!!!
sure fitz is happy/proud that sum people out thar don't like him, he probably don't like'em back!!!!!!!

Brutus 1
02-17-2009, 11:03 AM
Like most situations the people that dont like him probably had a disagreement with him and didnt get there way !:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

WAO-BUFFALOE
02-17-2009, 03:22 PM
I DO APOLOGIZE IF MY HONESTY OFFENDED ANYONE, NOT INTENDED, JUST SOMETIMES THE TRUTH NEEDS TO BE TOLD

footballer
02-17-2009, 11:02 PM
WAO-Buffaloe...Your honesty is warped at best. I'm not a soccer mom or admin. Are those the only 2 groups who are eager to see Fitz leave? I think not. Open your eyes, and look around. While I realize only Fitz's holy alliance generally posts on 3adl, I also realize that some of the same folks posting on this thread are the reason Giddings fans/football aren't too well thought of these days. Trash talking is always a great mark of an awesome football team, isn't it? Again, if Fitz wants to go, ADIOS!!!:) No one's heart will be broken. In fact, many were sorry that he stayed this past season.:(

LH Panther Mom
02-17-2009, 11:23 PM
If you have a complaint with the coach or staff, take it through the proper channels & leave it off here!

BOCEPHUS
02-18-2009, 06:02 AM
i know who footballer is..........he is a double naught spy from either la grange or sealy. is looking for advantage next year!!!!

Brutus 1
02-18-2009, 02:26 PM
Footballer, I have no allegance to Fitzhenry but I do respect what he has done in Giddings. He has taken the program to another level, especaially this year! Have you taken any of your complaints to him or do you just want to sit out there and hide behind a screen name and make accusations that more than likely have no substance. Hey if you want Fitzhenry to go thats ok but, lets have some reasons here dont be a coward!

BOCEPHUS
02-18-2009, 02:43 PM
HERE NOW, SETTLE BRUTUS, NO HEAD BUTT'N. MY DAM HEAD STILL HURTS FROM EARLY 90'S.

FBALLR IS POSTN WITH NO SUBSTANCE TO BACK IT UP, IF'N HE COULD HE WOULD POST HIS NAME!!

FUGURE WHEN I GET GUT FULL OF IT I'LL TELL HIM OFF AND POST MINE. BUT HE PROBABLY KNOWS WHO I AM ANYWAY, IF'N HE DON'T, WELL I AIN'T A HARD MAN TO FIND, JUST LOOK FER THE HAT!!!!!!!!!

ANYWAY THE MODS WILL TAKE KEER OF HIM FOR HIS OWN SAFETY I AM SURE

pirate4state
02-18-2009, 02:43 PM
I suggest all of you that have a direct question for another poster, take it up in private messages especially about this subject matter.

Move on!

ronwx5x
02-18-2009, 02:56 PM
Heck, I thought this thread concerns the HC opening in Corsicana. Guess it is about Giddings and their coach!:eek:

ratherbfishin
02-18-2009, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by footballer
WAO-Buffaloe...Your honesty is warped at best. I'm not a soccer mom or admin. Are those the only 2 groups who are eager to see Fitz leave? I think not. Open your eyes, and look around. While I realize only Fitz's holy alliance generally posts on 3adl, I also realize that some of the same folks posting on this thread are the reason Giddings fans/football aren't too well thought of these days. Trash talking is always a great mark of an awesome football team, isn't it? Again, if Fitz wants to go, ADIOS!!!:) No one's heart will be broken. In fact, many were sorry that he stayed this past season.:(

What ever... I agree with the mod...MOVE ON... Have they narrowed the list to possible interviews??? I hear LH's HC is now in the mix???

Can anyone confirm that...???...

BOCEPHUS
02-18-2009, 03:12 PM
THEY HAVE A SHORT LIST:
VANCE
DANAHER
12 MORE THAT I SAW, BUT.................

.........FITZHENRY NOT ON THE LIST, SO ALL THIS KINDA FUNNY.

FUNNY TO ME ANYWAY

LH Panther Mom
02-18-2009, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by BOCEPHUS
THEY HAVE A SHORT LIST:
VANCE
DANAHER
12 MORE THAT I SAW, BUT.................

.........FITZHENRY NOT ON THE LIST, SO ALL THIS KINDA FUNNY.

FUNNY TO ME ANYWAY
Where did you see a list? Or is it TOC "go after these guys" rumor mill list? :thinking:

BMOC
02-18-2009, 06:30 PM
Did they mention anything on a deadline when they are planning on naming a new their new coach?

Brutus 1
02-19-2009, 09:57 AM
Corsicana is in more of a hurry than they let on. They have the list but that list has already been narrowed down. Alot of the list and interviews are just for appearances !!!!!:thinking: :thinking:

sabre1
02-24-2009, 11:44 AM
any new info about this??

LH Panther Mom
02-24-2009, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by sabre1
any new info about this??
From what I've read, Larry Hill (Smithson Valley) is the front-runner.

ratherbfishin
02-26-2009, 03:25 PM
It's called "leverage"..... Coach Hill looks like he got what he wanted from SV........ Since he's going back........

I heard through the mill that the Bellville coach is interviewing for the Cana job...hmmmmmmmm

Dieselsmoke
03-03-2009, 11:13 PM
Chapel Hill athletic director and head football coach Phil Castles was approved on Tuesday as the new head football coach at Corsicana High School.

Castles, who was 24-20 in four years at Chapel Hill, told David Smoak, "Corsicana is among the most well-known high school football programs in Texas history, and I had a chance to be a part of that for one year as an assistant, so it's an opportunity I just can't pass up, and especially this time as head coach."

Castles was an assistant at Corsicana under Tom Wilson in 1998.

The Kilgore High and Midwestern State University graduate said leaving Chapel Hill was very difficult, "I've had four great years at Chapel Hill, the kids bought into the program and they've been great, and superintendent (Joe) Stubblefield has been very supportive of me and the program, and he understands the opportunity in Corsicana is one that I just can't pass up."

Castles replaces Dave Henigan who resigned in January, and is now the head coach at Grapevine.

Corsicana was 5-5 in 2008, and missed the playoffs.