PDA

View Full Version : La Grange-Columbus Boys BB

hookandladder
02-06-2009, 10:19 PM
68-54

La Grange wins with all out hustle on offense and defense, The waddle kid was very impressive. I would have to say best post player in District, very good attitude and moves well up and down the court. I would also say TT has a really good recruit. Wish him well.

LHS 2SONS
02-06-2009, 10:26 PM
Yea Hook, I was impresed with his agility but most of all I was impressed with his attitude. He was about the only player from Columbus that did not let the crowd or the refs get to him. He will make a big impact at TT.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-08-2009, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by LHS 2SONS
He was about the only player from Columbus that did not let the crowd or the refs get to him.

Was coming back from Austin friday and stopped at the game, saw the first half, the Columbus fans were very vocal at the refs.

LHS 2SONS
02-08-2009, 10:16 PM
Yes they were, one fan from Columbus was removed from the gym, very few fans from Columbus?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-08-2009, 10:31 PM
Yes they were, one fan from Columbus was removed from the gym, very few fans from Columbus?

From what I saw they had good reason to get on the refs.

hookandladder
02-09-2009, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
From what I saw they had good reason to get on the refs.

Calls went both ways, sometimes when you lose some fans blame the refs. Depends what kind of fan you are, LG''s all out hustle was the difference.

Kickin It
02-09-2009, 08:41 AM

Vey interesting removal. Only thing I heard the guy say was let the kids play and call it both ways. Since when is that cause for removal? I have heard a lot worse at other gyms and no one has been removed, seems to me like the ref had his mind on other things or maybe just couldn't handle the truth!!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-09-2009, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Kickin It
seems to me like the ref had his mind on other things or maybe just couldn't handle the truth!!

The Bellville game was the same, at one point there were 11 fouls on Bellville to 1 on La Grange, all in the 1st half, does not matter what kind of fan you are if the refs show favor to the home team. Good to hear this I thougt It just happened during Bellvilles game.

hookandladder
02-09-2009, 09:42 AM
Vey interesting removal. Only thing I heard the guy say was let the kids play and call it both ways. Since when is that cause for removal? I have heard a lot worse at other gyms and no one has been removed, seems to me like the ref had his mind on other things or maybe just couldn't handle the truth!!

If you would have been there you might have a different opinion unless you are from Columbus. Heard he has been thrown out before at other schools also, the ref who threw him out is from Smithville and the other ref is from Giddings. I have watched a lot of BB games and from the stands you seem to see everything called and not called, I have never try refereeing and I may questions some calls but I can honestly say I have never blamed the ref's for losing. No one call makes you lose the game, blaming the ref's is just an excuse for losing.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-09-2009, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
If you would have been there you might have a different opinion unless you are from Columbus. Heard he has been thrown out before at other schools also, No one call makes you lose the game, blaming the ref's is just an excuse for losing.

How do you know he wasnt there? Also hearsay once again by you, heard he was thrown out at other places, do you know that is a fact or you just making this up also? AND no one call can make a team lose but a bunch of one calls can. Dont make it sound like it was only one call when it was many!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-09-2009, 10:03 AM
Vey interesting removal. Only thing I heard the guy say

Sounds like Kickin It was at the game, so dont say " If you would have been their"

hookandladder
02-09-2009, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
How do you know he wasnt there? Also hearsay once again by you, heard he was thrown out at other places, do you know that is a fact or you just making this up also? AND no one call can make a team lose but a bunch of one calls can. Dont make it sound like it was only one call when it was many!

OK, so LG beat Bellville and Columbus because of bad refereeing. Hearsay or fact ?.

TRENCHES06
02-09-2009, 10:40 AM
FALSE

Kickin It
02-09-2009, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
If you would have been there you might have a different opinion unless you are from Columbus. Heard he has been thrown out before at other schools also, the ref who threw him out is from Smithville and the other ref is from Giddings. I have watched a lot of BB games and from the stands you seem to see everything called and not called, I have never try refereeing and I may questions some calls but I can honestly say I have never blamed the ref's for losing. No one call makes you lose the game, blaming the ref's is just an excuse for losing.

Who blamed the ref? I simply stated that maybe he got tired of hearing the truth. In my opinion LG hustled after all the loose balls, played hard, and deserved the win, but they did get majority of the calls. Not saying it affected the outcome of the game, but it would have been nice to see the calls made when you can hear the slap on the arm, which happened several times. If you where at the game, whether you want to admit it or not, you heard the slaps. Those calls would have probably evened out the foul shooting, which I believe was 28-13 La Grange. That said, good luck to La Grange and Columbus in their final 3 games. Where are La Granges final games at? BTW, I have watched plenty of games (State Basketball Tourn, Regional Tourn, etc) and agree that there are a lot of calls that are not called and it is easy to sit in the stands and referee.

hookandladder
02-09-2009, 04:05 PM
Who blamed the ref? I simply stated that maybe he got tired of hearing the truth. In my opinion LG hustled after all the loose balls, played hard, and deserved the win, but they did get majority of the calls. Not saying it affected the outcome of the game, but it would have been nice to see the calls made when you can hear the slap on the arm, which happened several times. If you where at the game, whether you want to admit it or not, you heard the slaps. Those calls would have probably evened out the foul shooting, which I believe was 28-13 La Grange. That said, good luck to La Grange and Columbus in their final 3 games. Where are La Granges final games at? BTW, I have watched plenty of games (State Basketball Tourn, Regional Tourn, etc) and agree that there are a lot of calls that are not called and it is easy to sit in the stands and referee.

Agreed there were fouls not called to me it is part of the game, sometimes it benefits you and sometimes it does not. La Grange goes to Sealy, Bellville and Smithville, will be 3 hard games to win. However I think even if they lost all 3 they would still make the playoffs, which is a great accomplishment in La Grange. Waddle is going to be a great addition to TT, the kid can play and seems to have a great attitude. I wish him the best of luck.

duckhunter
02-09-2009, 08:26 PM
blaming the refs isn't going to reverse the outcome of any games.