PDA

View Full Version : Hey Stang Red......

Trashman
02-06-2009, 06:15 PM
Hope this helps to keep you in Texas a while longer....:D

West Texas officials cheer decision on wind energy lines

West Texas officials are cheering a recent decision by the Texas Public Utility Commission to allow the construction of transmission lines to take electricity from wind power in West Texas to larger cities located in the eastern area of the state, said Ken Becker, executive director of the Sweetwater Enterprise for Economic Development, Inc.

The PUC agreement will permit 13 companies to build $5 billion worth of transmission lines to Dallas and Houston, which removes a large obstacle to the growth of wind energy production in West Texas, Becker said. Existing transmission lines from West Texas have almost reached their capacity and the additional capacity from the new transmission lines will help Texas reach its goal of promoting renewable energy resources, he added.

STANG RED
02-06-2009, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
Hope this helps to keep you in Texas a while longer....:D

West Texas officials cheer decision on wind energy lines

West Texas officials are cheering a recent decision by the Texas Public Utility Commission to allow the construction of transmission lines to take electricity from wind power in West Texas to larger cities located in the eastern area of the state, said Ken Becker, executive director of the Sweetwater Enterprise for Economic Development, Inc.

The PUC agreement will permit 13 companies to build $5 billion worth of transmission lines to Dallas and Houston, which removes a large obstacle to the growth of wind energy production in West Texas, Becker said. Existing transmission lines from West Texas have almost reached their capacity and the additional capacity from the new transmission lines will help Texas reach its goal of promoting renewable energy resources, he added.

Yea we have been waiting to hear something on this for a couple years now and it is finally coming to pass. In fact we're having a meeting about this on the 26th and will get the full scoop. Whether my company is able to get in on the transmission line construction or not is unknown, but just the fact that it's finally happening is great, and will make room for many more wind farms in the future. I know we can at least get in on some of that work. Maybe this will finally spur some other states to move forward with badly needed transmission line construction as well.

I know the economy is getting pretty rough for many folks out there right now, but I have to admit, from where I'm standing things are looking pretty rosie for me for the foreseeable future. In fact Texas as a whole appears to be in a lot better shape for the coming years than many other states. But some people will have to be open to career changes.

GetRDoneStangs
02-07-2009, 01:20 AM
I know the economy is getting pretty rough for many folks out there right now...... But some people will have to be open to career changes.

OMG !!!Are you trying to say.......some may have to move to the "WEST" of I-35 for a job???:confused: :confused: :thinking:

Trashman
02-07-2009, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Yea we have been waiting to hear something on this for a couple years now and it is finally coming to pass. In fact we're having a meeting about this on the 26th and will get the full scoop. Whether my company is able to get in on the transmission line construction or not is unknown, but just the fact that it's finally happening is great, and will make room for many more wind farms in the future. I know we can at least get in on some of that work. Maybe this will finally spur some other states to move forward with badly needed transmission line construction as well.

I know the economy is getting pretty rough for many folks out there right now, but I have to admit, from where I'm standing things are looking pretty rosie for me for the foreseeable future. In fact Texas as a whole appears to be in a lot better shape for the coming years than many other states. But some people will have to be open to career changes.

I know that the city that I work for is feeling the pinch. Sales tax is down and people are not paying their property taxes in a timely manner and some of the industry here is cuting back on the working hours of it's employees. Hopefully other aspects of the economy will pickup and spare us all the brunt of the recession.:thinking: