PDA

View Full Version : Rank Teams In Your Team's 2009 Schedule

Bullaholic
02-06-2009, 11:40 AM
Assuming your team plays the same teams next season, how would you rank them with a "1" being the hardest team to beat and "9" being the easiest?

Here is how I see the Bull's 09' opponents:

Bridgeport Bulls
08/29....@ Breckenridge 8-
09/05....Mineral Wells-7
09/12....@ Prosper- 1.-
09/19....OPEN
09/26....Argyle 3.-
10/03....@ Graham 2-
10/10....Burkburnett*-4
10/17....@ Iowa Park*-6
10/24....Vernon* 5.-
10/31....@ WF Hirschi* 9
11/07....Decatur*- 5.

icu812
02-06-2009, 12:14 PM
I'll play here is the Vandals schedule:

site/opponent/classification/record/last yrs. result/(RANK)

H/Grand Saline/DISTRICT 13-2A/ 2-8/ W 38-0 (9)

H/ Rusk/ DISTRICT 18-3A / 4-6 / W 31-10 (6)

A/Palestine DISTRICT 20-3A/ 3-7/ W 44-21 (3)

A/ Mabank DISTRICT 15-4A/ 4-6/ W 17-16 (3)

H/Spring Hill DISTRICT 17-3A/ 3-7/ L 7-28 (1)-we alway lose to Longview Spring Hill no matter how bad they are, they just have our number, that make this the toughest game on our schedule

A/Kemp DISTRICT 14-3A/ 6-6/ W 40-7 (7)
H/ Mineola DISTRICT 14-3A / 4-6/ W 21-7 (7)
A/ Wills Point DISTRICT 14-3A/ 1-9/ W 50-21 (5)
H/Canton DISTRICT 14-3A/ 5-5/ W 24-14 (3)
A/Eustace DISTRICT 14-3A/ 5-7/ W 41-0 (7)

Last year we were 9-1, this year I see Van going 9-1 or 8-2.

waterboy
02-06-2009, 12:51 PM
Gilmer vs. Jasper - #7 - With all the changes going on down there, they will struggle early. At least that would be my guess.

Gilmer @ Rains - #10 - The Wildcats lost their QB this year and are still learning a new system.

Gilmer @ Liberty-Eylau - #3 - Always a tough game, and it's at their house

Kilgore @ Gilmer - #1 - Gilmer's toughest opponent, a perennial 4A playoff team

Daingerfield @ Gilmer - #2 - a rivalry that has gone on for many years

*Gilmer @ Bullard - #8 - Bullard lost their best player when Charlie Moore graduated.

*Chapel Hill @ Gilmer - #4 - They lose Matthew Tucker, but I'm sure his backup will be good, too.

*Gilmer @ Spring Hill - #9 - The Panthers have been down a couple of years now.

*Gilmer @ Gladewater - #5 (tie) - The Bears are a big rival, and always get "up" for the Buckeyes.......and the game is at their house.

*Tatum @ Gilmer - #5 (tie) - The Eagles and Bears will be fighting for a playoff spot so this game will "mean something" to the Eagles......not that it didn't already because they are a rival.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
02-06-2009, 01:03 PM
I'll chime in, assuming Port Isabel has the same schedule next season.

Port Isabel @ CC West Oso - 3 (tie) (they beat us last year and were tough and fast, but I'm not 100% sure what they are bringing back. I put them at 3 due to their speed.)

Port Isabel vs. Pharr Valley View - 9 (Only 1 win in their entire history, still a very new football program going through yet another coaching change)

Port Isabel vs. Edcouch-Elsa - 1 (Perennial 32-4A powerhouse in the RGV, always tough.)

Port Isabel vs. Hidalgo - 6 (Never know what Hidalgo will bring to the table, good one year, bad the next. Might change with their new coach though)

Port Isabel @ Rio Hondo - 2 (Nice budding rivalry here. Rio Hondo has won the last 2 meetings with PI. This coming year, though RH graduated a bunch while PI brings back the house. Regardless, RH is very well coached and will be very tough to beat at home)

Port Isabel vs. Lyford - 3 (tie) (Lyford is also returning a bunch of starters from an incredibly potent offense. PI defense will have to really step up in order to win. Fortunately, Lyford's defense is like swiss cheese, which explains some of the "track meet" style scores you saw from them this past season)

Port Isabel @ La Feria - 3 (tie) (La Feria is coming off a very good season and return a fair number of their starters on top of a very good JV team. A team to definitely watch out for next season)

Port Isabel vs. Zapata - 7 (Zapata does have size, but is lacking in speed. They also lost a lot of their starters to graduation, so they may not do very well this upcoming season)

Port Isabel vs. Raymondville - 5 (Raymondville has a lot of speed on offense, but their play is very inconsistent from game to game. They can obliterate someone one game, then totally stink it up the next. Which Raymondville team shows up on Friday is a total toss up)

Port Isabel @ Progreso - 8 (Progreso does have some good athletes on their team, unfortunately for them, they have been historically a bad team, even though they have some non-district wins against some cupcake teams, the competition come district play eventually catches up with them)

Bullaholic
02-06-2009, 01:33 PM
Good stuff. This will be great to bring back up and look at prior to the start of next season---many of us will have an insight into these games out of our backyards.

An easy way to get your team's 08' schedule is to go to the 3ADL Homepage, go to your region, then district, and scroll down to your team's schedule, highlight it, and copy and paste it to a new post on this thread and add your ranking nos. for next season.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
02-06-2009, 03:42 PM
Yeah, will be very interesting to say the least. Port Isabel will have a HUGE Senior class, and after the subpar season this year, will be out for blood next season.

Minimize mental mistakes, and the Tarpons will go far.

Farmersfan
02-06-2009, 03:51 PM
1. Prosper in Prosper
2. Winnsboro at home
3. Lovejoy at home
4. Van Altyne in VA
5. Wills Point at home
6. Pottsboro at home
7. Community at home
8. Princeton in Princeton
9. Quinlan Ford at home
10. Rains in Rains

STANG RED
02-06-2009, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Assuming your team plays the same teams next season, how would you rank them with a "1" being the hardest team to beat and "9" being the easiest?

Here is how I see the Bull's 09' opponents:

Bridgeport Bulls
08/29....@ Breckenridge 8-
09/05....Mineral Wells-7
09/12....@ Prosper- 1.-
09/19....OPEN
09/26....Argyle 3.-
10/03....@ Graham 2-
10/10....Burkburnett*-4
10/17....@ Iowa Park*-6
10/24....Vernon* 5.-
10/31....@ WF Hirschi* 9
11/07....Decatur*- 5.

You may be ranking Breck a little too low Bull. They were very young last season, but that new coach had those boys believing and playing pretty good football by mid season. They may well jump up and surprise several folks next season.

IHStangFan
02-06-2009, 04:45 PM
Now assuming our schedule is last year's flip-flopped...

1. La Grange
2. Columbus
3. Sweeny
4. Brookshire Royal
5. West Columbia (tie)
5. Wharton (tie)
7. Worthing
8. Tidehaven
9. Stafford
10. Splendora

87 TIGER
02-06-2009, 04:52 PM
1 Llano away very solid team & season opener
2 Navasota away
3 Cameron home always a tough game for the Tigers
4 Caldwell home they will be looking for revenge
5 Midland Christian in Waco double OT last year
6 Marlin away tons of atheletes
7 Taylor away hard to win on the Duck pond
8 Bryan Rudder home much improved good QB
9 Madisonville away lost Whaley and thats all they had
10 Lampasas home not a good 4a, new coach so might be improved

grahampaw
02-06-2009, 08:36 PM
clyde-8
burkburnet-6
Iowa Park-9
Glen Rose-7
Bridgeport-3
Snyder-5
Sweetwater-4
Brownwood-2
Abilene Wylie-1
Breckenridge-10

Thats the way I see Grahams,but just a guess.

navscanmaster
02-06-2009, 10:31 PM
Navasota

4A Henderson (Lufkin) (5) - Average Opponent
@ Palestine (6) - Don't see them really breaking out this year
@ Hearne (10) - 2A and young next year
@ Bellville (3) - As tough as #2 Caldwell on the road
Bryan Rudder (8) - 1200+ students in three grades, lots of good athletes.
@ Caldwell (2) - They were young last year and were tough...
Rockdale (1) - They should make a good long playoff run.
@ Taylor (9) - I honestly don't know what is going on over there.
Cameron (4) - Tradition, athletes, and pride.
@ Madisonville (7) - Rebuilding.

That said, I would rank Navasota as a team on this schedule as a # 4 at this time. Based of these rankings and that thought, I would have us going 7-3 (4-2) in the regular season. I hope I am wrong for the better though!;)

LHS 2SONS
02-06-2009, 10:48 PM
1. Bellville / Giddings

3. Lockhart
4. Sealy
5. Yoakum
6. Columbus
7. Needville
8. Smithville
9. Gonzales
10. Goliad

Dogman_1969
02-06-2009, 11:20 PM
1 Llano - in Llano good team that runs the Slot T and is very good at the misdirection plays that gave the Tigers fits last year and this season we open on the road.....
2 Cameron - at home but always tough and this season the Bell stays home......
3 Navasota - in Navasota on the rug. Tigers will want to line up and make this a physical game and keep the Rattler defense on the field.
4 Leander Rouse - undecided location. New school with underclassman but loads of them. Rouse could end up the largest school in Leander from their feeder schools. Unknown opponent laying in wait....(game replaced the Midland Christian game)
5 Caldwell - at home and another slot T team but due to scheduleing the last 3 years the Tigers are getting used to seeing the run first teams but will have their hands full.....
6 Marlin - in Marlin against a sophomore RB that will be a top recruit in a couple of years......
7 Taylor - in Taylor but the ducks graduated Tristan Meyer and he was a special player and will be hard to replace.
8 Bryan Rudder - at home but they have a very good QB that will be a tough test for the Tigers....
9 Madisonville - in Madisonville and they should be rebuilding and their HC is applying for several jobs and that usually is a sign of issues that could be tough to overcome....
10 Lampasas - at home against a weaker 4A team that will have a new coach (and a good one) who will be trying to rebuild their program....

The Tigers have plenty of questions that need answering by football season. Can the 4 seniors that have had or is scheduled for surgery get healthy and return to form to help lead the Tigers to another playoff run? Who will replace the all time leading passer at QB and if the leading WR moves to QB can the other receivers pick up the slack?

Also rumors that the Tigers are going to debut a Celina like defense next season. I hear it will be called the 1-10.......

Good luck to everyone and see you guys in 7 on 7...............

bobcat4life
02-08-2009, 01:49 AM
1. Daingerfield
2. Whitehouse
3. Prosper
4. Argyle
5. TC-Addison
6. FW Arlington Heights
7. Sanger
8. Whitesboro
9. Ferris
10. Gainesville

orange machine
02-08-2009, 02:23 AM
1. Whitehouse-Very talented qb with some good skilled position players returning should be another close game.

2. Danigerfield-Alot like Whithouse should be a tough game, but i dont see them beating us 3 times.

3. Argyle-A ton of players coming back watch out for this team.

4. Prosper-Playoff team, but lost to much to graduation and lost there number 1 player qb Hunter Nix to have a huge impact this year.

5. TC Addison-Big, fast, strong and at the top of tapps schools.

6. Ft Worth Arlington Heights-Inner city school need i say more.

7. Sanger-Team on the up rise. Had a good season last year came close to beating the D1 state champs.

8. Ferris-I know nothing about them, but i would think they will be better than the next two.

9. Whitesboro-After there best season in school history in 07 Whitesboro took a step back in 08. Whitesboro is losing there qb who was a big part of there team.

10. Gainsville-Since there state title in 03 Gainsville has fallen off the radar. Gainsville which is a very big 3a school only played with 24 players last year. Gainsville will have to have more of a turn out if they wont to come back to 03 status.

orange machine
02-10-2009, 07:40 PM
Anybody know anything about Ferris?

bobcat4life
02-10-2009, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
Anybody know anything about Ferris?

This is a copy of their 2008 schedule
8/30/08 Sutter (Sutter, CA) (Hanby Stadium) 9-38 (L)

9/05/08@ Fairfield 33-34 (L)

9/19/08 vs. Trinity Christian (Cedar Hill) 41-43 (L)

9/26/08 vs. Eustace 30-14 (W)

10/10/08@ Crandall 7-16 (L)

10/17/08vs. Venus 54-18 (W)

10/24/08@ Alvarado 26-30 (L)

10/31/08vs. Kennedale 55-49 (W)

11/07/08@ Kaufman 7-31 (L)

I found this on maxpreps.com

orange machine
02-11-2009, 12:22 AM
I talked to a former coach from Ferris a few days ago and he could not believe that Ferris excepted this game.