5. Cuero
6. Abilene Wylie
7. Waco La Vega
8. Giddings
9. Navasota
10. Rockdale

turbostud
02-05-2009, 09:58 PM
What ever happened to Commerce? They used to be good didnt they? They seemed to have fallen off the map.

GreenMachine
02-05-2009, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
This is how I see it playing out
1. Gilmer
2. Celina
3. Waco La Vega
4. Giddings
5. Abilene Wylie
6. Carthage
7. Liberty Hill
8. China Spring
9. West Orange Stark
10. Sealy
This is how I see it playing out: Pretty sure you better add Cuero to your list.

SintonFan
02-05-2009, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
Pretty sure you better add Cuero to your list.
Is Reeves still there?

OldBison75
02-05-2009, 10:39 PM
I don't think that Navasota will be a top ten team next season. They have the athletes to be pretty good, if the talent gels around each other, but there will be alot of new faces in skill positions. Maybe they will get to the top ten by years end, and if they do, Fedora should be the Coach of the Year with the rebuilding job he will have performed.

Emerson1
02-05-2009, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
What ever happened to Commerce? They used to be good didnt they? They seemed to have fallen off the map.
Lineweaver went to Trinity.

Plus they have a stupid stadium

TRENCHES06
02-05-2009, 11:11 PM
NO WAY Sealy will be top 10

bvillebrahma010
02-06-2009, 12:07 AM
bellville?!? just losing nunn. proved we dont need him in the playoffs!

crabman
02-06-2009, 12:17 AM
Cuero has the Region IV player of the year in Tyler Arndt returning and the Freshman of the year for the whole state in Trent Jackson returning for his sophomore year.

If we find a line, we will be right back in the mix.

trojan37
02-06-2009, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
Pretty sure you better add Cuero to your list.

And take China Spring and LV off. I don't see either of them making any noise next year.

Txbroadcaster
02-06-2009, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1

They won a state title After Lineweaver left, so he was not the only thing

Commerce is going thru a talent shortage phase in a town that is teetering on being a 2A already

kaorder1999
02-06-2009, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
They won a state title After Lineweaver left, so he was not the only thing

Commerce is going thru a talent shortage phase in a town that is teetering on being a 2A already

Terry Cron won a title in Commerce right? That was the year they they were in the District with Forney and Forney won the district but went D1 and eventually lost to Everman. Commerce went on to win a title that year in D2

Dieselsmoke
02-06-2009, 11:19 AM

The latest is they are building a new athletic facility (lockers, weight room, coaches offices, meeting rooms) and will be adding visitors bleachers!

Twirling Time
02-09-2009, 05:42 PM
As you can see by clicking the link, the only time Commerce was a player on the state scene was with Lineweaver and a couple of years after.

http://www.collier-sharp.com/commerce.htm

I thought they played their games at A&M-Commerce's stadium. Do they have their own stadium now?

eagleqb_14
02-09-2009, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
This is how I see it playing out
1. Gilmer
2. Celina
3. Waco La Vega
4. Giddings
5. Abilene Wylie
6. Carthage
7. Liberty Hill
8. China Spring
9. West Orange Stark
10. Sealy
This is how I see it playing out:

Emerson1
02-09-2009, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Dieselsmoke
The latest is they are building a new athletic facility (lockers, weight room, coaches offices, meeting rooms) and will be adding visitors bleachers!
I heard they can never build visitors bleachers because of something with the ground. TXB can explain more.

Txbroadcaster
02-09-2009, 10:35 PM
I heard they can never build visitors bleachers because of something with the ground. TXB can explain more.

we were always told a bomb shelter was on that side of the field

nationalpastime
02-10-2009, 10:39 AM
I played at TAMU Commerce and from what we were told about the stadium is that the city's central sewage line runs directly under the field. My 1st year there we had all kinds of problems with sink holes and at one point they had to dig up a big section of the field to fix a leak.

As far as them not being good...the main thing I noticed is that they had some pretty good athletes but it didn't seem like they bought into the program. I had a friend that graduated from there and he said that probably 1 out of every 6 girls get pregnant before they graduate, don't know how true that is, and that kids in the school didn't care about anything. When I was there though it felt like there was a great deal of apathy from the town itself.

kaide
02-10-2009, 03:32 PM
I might be crazy, but I think Alvarado could end up anywhere from 7-10 ... they have an excellent running back returning with four linemen and the defense returns the entire line and linebacking corp ... they gave Prosper all they wanted and had a chance to tie the game early in the fourth quarter. I guess you'd classify Alvarado as been a surprise team to watch out for next year.

mustang68
02-10-2009, 04:12 PM
Is Prosper a one time wonder?

bobcat4life
02-10-2009, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by mustang68
Is Prosper a one time wonder?

Honestly, yes. They had a freak year this year where everything went right and the playoff brackett honestly kept them from playing anyone I would have feared. They are also very close to 4A and wont be 3A ever again past the 2012 re-allignment. The Prosper fans better enjoy this off-season because they almost certainly wont be back again anytime soon.

orange machine
02-10-2009, 07:35 PM
I look for Prosper to finish in the 3rd spot in 9-3a this year. I think both Celina and Arygle will be much better. I think the Celina Arygle game will be a fantastic game this year. I think Prosper might get to the second round, but i wouldnt put them much further than that.

formercougar18
02-11-2009, 12:24 AM
I think prosper just as many legit teams that Celina played, to win state. And i am not taking a shot at Celina i played them last year at state, and those are some football players. But Abilene Wylie was a great football team. They beat them in a thriller, and they stuffed lavega at Texas Stadium. Idk if prosper beat celina but for some reason i think i heard someone say they did, but if they did then they could have just as easily been in the same spot that celina was. I guess Carthage was just by far the hottest team in the postseason.

orange machine
02-11-2009, 12:30 AM
Prosper had a good team in 08 no doubt, but now that there all everything qb is gone and most of there oline and dline i dont see Prosper being a championship team. The one thing i do see them as is a good upset for a team that is over confident. Honestly though i dont think they have near the talent coming up that they had last year.

formercougar18
02-12-2009, 01:39 AM
yea i can see that, idk im not at all knowledgable about who all was on their team._ Did Romero play Rb for celina this year?_ He was good two yrs ago and i didnt hear anything from him this year.

orange machine
02-12-2009, 01:50 AM
Romero played a little running back, but mostly played safety. He was needed much more on the defensive side of the ball.

bobcat4life
02-15-2009, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by formercougar18
I think prosper just as many legit teams that Celina played, to win state. And i am not taking a shot at Celina i played them last year at state, and those are some football players. But Abilene Wylie was a great football team. They beat them in a thriller, and they stuffed lavega at Texas Stadium. Idk if prosper beat celina but for some reason i think i heard someone say they did, but if they did then they could have just as easily been in the same spot that celina was. I guess Carthage was just by far the hottest team in the postseason.

Celina played a way tougher post-season schedule than prosper. Besides, I watched the AW game, Hunter Nix was not in. Outside of Prosper, you will be hard pressed to find someone who would call that a touchdown. And Abilene Wylies best running back went down in the first quarter. I would not have feared them anyways, even with the RB. And yes, they beat us.

frogbacker09
02-15-2009, 04:29 PM
i think he was in check the website
http://mysportsphotographer.exposuremanager.com/p/prosper_playoffs_6_dec_08_vs_abilene_wylie/img_123611

and just because your bitter that you got KILLED by prosper doesnt mean you have to take away from their great season. they won district and your mad cuz you got second and then they won state and your mad you lost and are considered the fourth best team in the state. its pretty pathetic all the excuses you make. suck it up you lost

orange machine
02-15-2009, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by frogbacker09
http://mysportsphotographer.exposuremanager.com/p/prosper_playoffs_6_dec_08_vs_abilene_wylie/img_123611

and just because your bitter that you got KILLED by prosper doesnt mean you have to take away from their great season. they won district and your mad cuz you got second and then they won state and your mad you lost and are considered the fourth best team in the state. its pretty pathetic all the excuses you make. suck it up you lost

Your not related to Hunter Nix are you because his dad went to TCU i believe?

block&tackle
02-15-2009, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by frogbacker09

I gonna back you up on this.

We have no room to talk on this one. Prosper dominated Celina at every phase of the game. What would have happened later, what would have happened had certain people played, blah blah blah. None of it matters cause Prosper dominated that game to the point where we should have nothing to say.

I would have liked to have seen Prosper-Carthage. I am much less sure of the outcome than most folks around here. Doesn't matter though cause Prosper one all of the games that they had to win and they got the ring to prove it. Congrats to them.

Don't look for another win over Celina in the next few years though...:p

WildTexan972
02-16-2009, 08:18 PM
Carthage won't be Top10 next year....the baddest RB in 3A went away as did the QB....they are done

Carthage was greatness when they beat Celina, but Celina just stunk up the place when they lost to Prosper....no excuses needed, just facts....Prosper won't beat Celina more than 1 time in 10, and once Prosper goes 4A odds are they won't ever play Celina again due to the history of the outcomes....

#9 in '09.....I know we are humble - that is why we have "8 State Titles" plastered all over town....

Celina will beat Dangerfield on the road and Whitehouse at home this year, and then will go undefeated in district play to head into the playoffs 10-0....quote me on those....

frogbacker09
02-16-2009, 08:37 PM
i never said prosper would beat celina in 2009 but in 2008 prosper was the better team. no arguement on 2009 predictions

orange machine
02-16-2009, 09:44 PM
I think the boys got enough of that losing stuff last year and found out that it stunk to high heaven. I see a more intense group this year with leaders like Lavey and Worrell. Watch out for big Ole Jordan Roos this year he is gonna be a beast.

charlesrixey
02-17-2009, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by block&tackle

We have no room to talk on this one. Prosper dominated Celina at every phase of the game. What would have happened later, what would have happened had certain people played, blah blah blah. None of it matters cause Prosper dominated that game to the point where we should have nothing to say.

I would have liked to have seen Prosper-Carthage. I am much less sure of the outcome than most folks around here. Doesn't matter though cause Prosper one all of the games that they had to win and they got the ring to prove it. Congrats to them.

Don't look for another win over Celina in the next few years though...:p

agreed, not even really sure why we are talking about this

anyone that thinks AW or WLV were not two of the best teams in the state weren't paying attention.

Celina did far better than anyone expected after the regular season they endured, but even as a bobcat fan, i can tell you there is only one state champion from 9-3A this year, and they deserve all the credit (just like the bobcat boys deserve a little for shocking a few people themselves)

WylieBulldog92
02-17-2009, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by block&tackle

Me too I believe Prosper deserved to be one of the top 2 teams in 3A guess why?

And as much as I would like to believe he didn't get in I know he did...FYI