PDA

View Full Version : Basketball Camp

hookandladder
02-05-2009, 03:24 PM
Have a son that will be a freshmen next year, I would like to know if anyone knows of a good summer basketball camp. Not looking for any kind of exposure camp, just a good that teaches fundamentals and has good player to instructor ratio.

coach
02-05-2009, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Have a son that will be a freshmen next year, I would like to know if anyone knows of a good summer basketball camp. Not looking for any kind of exposure camp, just a good that teaches fundamentals and has good player to instructor ratio.

if he can get a few friends they can go to a great tabc camp..it helps on playing with teamates and that aspect of the game...or if the local hs has a camp he can still attend

TRENCHES06
02-05-2009, 03:46 PM
Texas A&M summer camp is decent.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-05-2009, 03:55 PM
I think camps are really over-rated. Just get him out with some friends and have them play every day. That's really the best way to improve.

turbostud
02-05-2009, 04:15 PM
Or play on summer league teams. The more you play the better you get.

Johnny Utah
02-05-2009, 06:18 PM
Big blue, TABC is not overrated. IT is the best, trust me. www.tabchoops.org. Look at it and decide. Your son will get great instruction from some of the premier coaches in the State that are there to teach the game, not there to gain a paycheck. Best I have seen. LG is not very far from Southwestern Univ. in Georgetown, and very reasonable as far as cost. Big Blue, many a Rockdale Hooper has gone, and has done them well.

sportzman44
02-05-2009, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder

Point gaurd college is excellent,a little pricy but you get what you pay for, just google point gaurd college and it will pull it up. Classes fill up quickly and are limited also the summer league idea is good for experience, we have done both and don't regret any of it.

sportzman44
02-05-2009, 08:51 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by sportzman44
[B]Point gaurd college

Thats Point GUARD college,I have spelling issues

hookandladder
02-06-2009, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Big blue, TABC is not overrated. IT is the best, trust me. www.tabchoops.org. Look at it and decide. Your son will get great instruction from some of the premier coaches in the State that are there to teach the game, not there to gain a paycheck. Best I have seen. LG is not very far from Southwestern Univ. in Georgetown, and very reasonable as far as cost. Big Blue, many a Rockdale Hooper has gone, and has done them well.

Thanks, Southwestern Univ. sounds pretty good just a hop away from LG. Summer Leagues are not an opition for him, between playing full time select baseball and 7 on 7 football once a week time is not available. Basketball in La Grange is not top proirity however we have a pretty good team this year with some pretty good players in JH, we play hoops in the driveway however I would still like him to go to a camp that would push him.There is nothing like good compeition.

Johnny Utah
02-06-2009, 09:55 AM
Hook, you will not be disappointed with TABC. Stands for Texas Association of Basketball Coaches Camps. Your son will get big time instruction from some of the best HS Coaches in the State. Not AAU guys looking for a paycheck from a college or sometimers that have a friend that got them the gig in the summer to make some money. TABC is an all day affair, hoops all day long, great facilities, great food, great instruction and competition. I have had many a friends kids go, they swear by it. Look into it. Team Camp would be ideal, he will be in with the likes of Ponder, Peaster, Krum, Princeton etc...

icu812
02-06-2009, 12:31 PM
Don Eddy basketball camp

www.debb.com

I sent 2 last year to camp. They have lots of sites in Texas.

Johnny Utah
02-06-2009, 03:09 PM
TABC much, much better than Don Eddy. Eddy is good, but does not compare to TABC. TABC is just hoops, nothing else if you catch my drift.

icu812
02-06-2009, 04:46 PM
Yes, you will receive a good dose of Jesus at Don Eddy. If that offends this is not the camp for you.

WylieBulldog92
02-06-2009, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by TRENCHES06
Texas A&M summer camp is decent.
Agree.