PDA

View Full Version : WFAA Channel 8 Story on Madison's Flentroy Family

JR2004
02-05-2009, 03:19 PM
www.hsgametime.com/dfw/videopage.html?nvid=328473&shu=1

It's on the hsgametime website, but it was aired on WFAA a couple of days ago. Pretty good story and they also interviewed Tracy Flentroy who is the varsity assistant. I think Tim let everyone know how thankful he is to be a Flentroy. I'm sure EV will enjoy the video since Desmond pays tribute to his favorite player, LeBron James, during pre-game player introductions by doing the same pre-game ritual LeBron does. :)

eagles_victory
02-05-2009, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
www.hsgametime.com/dfw/videopage.html?nvid=328473&shu=1

It's on the hsgametime website, but it was aired on WFAA a couple of days ago. Pretty good story and they also interviewed Tracy Flentroy who is the varsity assistant. I think Tim let everyone know how thankful he is to be a Flentroy. I'm sure EV will enjoy the video since Desmond pays tribute to his favorite player, LeBron James, during pre-game player introductions by doing the same pre-game ritual LeBron does. :) I loved to see Desmond paying respect to the king lol. Good story have their really been 20 Flentroys in like the last 20 years on the team?

Oh and at the 47 second mark was that a white guy catching that pass and laying it up?

JR2004
02-05-2009, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
I loved to see Desmond paying respect to the king lol. Good story have their really been 20 Flentroys in like the last 20 years on the team?

Oh and at the 47 second mark was that a white guy catching that pass and laying it up?

I figured you'd like the tribute to James...lol. He's also the favorite player of our starting 4.

The number Coach Flentroy said wasn't an exaggeration. It goes back further than 20 years though because I remember Coach Kidd saying that he was coaching the Flentroy family back when he first took the job in 1976 (Was there through 2004) when the school re-opened as a UIL school. It's crazy how many Flentroy's there are. I know Tim's dad played safety for Madison back when they were good in the late 80's. Desmond's brother Anterrius (Boo Boo) played was the star SG when Desmond and Tim were freshmen. Deterrius (Shelly) who is the oldest brother was the star PG from 03-06. I usually sit with the Flentroy family at the games in their section they have right next to the bench. They're a good group of people and all of those kids are extremely well mannered and respectful.

That kid at the 47 second mark, Dominique Smith, is half-white. His mother is white. His mother, younger brother, sister and myself make up the white section of the Trojan fanbase...lol. There's another video around there somewhere of when WFAA brought them into the studio and Dominique was talking and he said he asks himself in big situations "What Would Jet Do" (Jason Terry because it's his favorite player). It was pretty funny.

JR2004
02-05-2009, 04:01 PM
You know there would actually be another Flentroy on the varsity right now, but he wound up having to go to an alternative school. I believe he's at Dallas Can Academy. There's another cousin of the Flentroys that is at A. Maceo Smith. He should be at Madison, but A. Maceo gave his dad a job so he's over there instead. That kid is about 6'3" and is ridiculously good.