PDA

View Full Version : James with a rare triple-double...

JR2004
02-04-2009, 10:03 PM
Not rare that he can get one, but his line was 52 points 10 rebounds and 11 assists. It's the first 50 point triple double since Kareem got one back in 1975.

As bad as the Knicker-chuckers were defensively the other night against the Purple and Gold, they darn near equaled that ineptitude tonight. I don't think a D'Antoni coached team will ever play anything resembling adequate defense. They doubled Bryant the other night everytime he touched it in the 2nd half and still gave up 27 of the 61 after the half. Tonight they decide to put David Lee on James for long stretches. Yep that's going to work...lol.

eagles_victory
02-05-2009, 10:31 AM
Whats more impressive to you JR Kobes night or Lebrons?

Another question am I the only Cavs fan on here and are you the only Lakers fan?

Pmoney
02-05-2009, 10:50 AM
I am already tired of this story...I mean these two are playing against the knicks who are horrible on defense in a regular season game....who cares? not me...would I care if Adrian Peterson and Frank Gore in consecutive weeks rush for 200+yds against the Lions D....NO because it is against the Lions D! and thats why I dont care about this story because it was against the Knicks...do it to the Celtics or Magic or Spurs or hell even the Mavs and I'll tip my cap to em but not now

cshscougar08
02-05-2009, 11:03 AM
I would take a well rounded performance like Lebron's any night over Kobe's 61.

kaorder1999
02-05-2009, 01:51 PM
but DID HE get the triple double???

kaorder1999
02-05-2009, 01:53 PM
Asterisk on James' Triple-Deuce? (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Video-Slap-an-asterisk-on-LeBron-s-MSG-triple-d?urn=nba,139191)

forum_guy
02-05-2009, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory

Another question am I the only Cavs fan on here and are you the only Lakers fan?

im a lakers fan also...i love kobe but lebrons was more impressive...either way both can score at will

cshscougar08
02-05-2009, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
but DID HE get the triple double???

Bad angle. Can't really tell at all.

JR2004
02-05-2009, 03:10 PM

I guess it's a push for me. Then again I have mixed feelings about Bryant. The only real excitement for me from the 61 point game was the fact that it pushed him above Bernard King. That about killed a good friend of mine who grew up idolizing Bernard and the Knicks as a kid.

James was impressive in that he got a triple-double while scoring 52 and they needed all of those points to pull that game out. First time since Cap had a 50 point triple double back in 75. Clyde Frazier (Former Knick great and awesome game analyst) was talking about that game at the end of the broadcast.

Bryant's was impressive in that he put up 61 points in just 36 minutes and needed just 31 shots to do it. If the game had been closer he probably could've put up a number in the 70's.

Anyhow I guess it's equal to me. Part of both big nights was because the Knicks are horrific defensively. They are just flat out awful. First time since 1962 for a team to give up consecutive 50 point nights to an opponent. It's kinda odd that in both games there was another player who passed 30 points and it went largely unnoticed. Gasol had 31 and Al Harrington had 39 for the Knicks, most of which came with James on him. I didn't see the whole game, but that had to be a heckuva duel between James and Harrington.

I know there's also one person from Sweetwater that's a Lakers fan. I don't think there's another Cavs fan. Talking to other Laker fans can be interesting because you get to see if they're really a Laker fan or if they're just a Kobe fan. It's usually not hard to tell if they have no clue about anything that happened to the franchise before 1996.

bobcat4life
02-05-2009, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
im a lakers fan also...i love kobe but lebrons was more impressive...either way both can score at will
I, too, am a lakers fan. But Kobe and LeBron are just amazing. I honestly didnt think LeBron would be this good coming out but he is continuing to prove me wrong.

Phil C
02-06-2009, 10:39 AM
I think Tim Duncan has a few of those.

eagles_victory
02-06-2009, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I think Tim Duncan has a few of those. a few what?

jason
02-06-2009, 11:27 AM
a few what? flops

Emerson1
02-06-2009, 11:34 AM
I've read Kobe's was more impressive. Lebron was just jacking up shots trying to put on a show for the NY crowd. He could have taken it to the rim every time but was trying to get highlights