PDA

View Full Version : The Boy Who Cried Cal

lakers
02-04-2009, 03:37 PM
I know everybody remembers last year about this time when Kevin Hart pulled a hoax on everyone around him by committing to Cal. Well here is the follow up story done by ESPN's Outside The Lines.

Outside The Lines Kevin Hart (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=kevinhart)

pirate4state
02-04-2009, 03:56 PM
I do remember that, thanks for the follow up.

Hope he can get his head straight.

crzyjournalist03
02-04-2009, 04:54 PM
wow...that took a long time to read, but man, what a story.

big daddy russ
02-04-2009, 05:03 PM
While it was a pretty big whopper, I don't think national humiliation was maybe a punishment that fit the crime.

I'll tell you what, I have tons of respect for that head coach. To come out of that sort of situation, keep your head screwed on straight, and to redirect that kid's frustration in a positive direction (he's getting free college) takes a stronger man than me. From what I saw on that video, I have tons of respect for him.

waterboy
02-04-2009, 05:24 PM
Yeah, that was a good, in-depth story. I read about it and heard about it, but had a hard time believing he could fool so many people the way he did. Most of the people that counted bought the story "hook, line, and sinker" despite all kinds of "red flags" to the contrary. Grades would've had to have been the first thing that should have been a "red flag". It's an amazing story, though, and I wish the best for the kid, but dang the lies. Surely he knew it would come back to bite him in the arse.:doh:

LH Panther Mom
02-04-2009, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
It's an amazing story, though, and I wish the best for the kid, but dang the lies. Surely he knew it would come back to bite him in the arse.:doh:
He's a teenager and shocking as it might seem (yeah, I know :p ), sometimes they just don't think. :doh:

waterboy
02-04-2009, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
He's a teenager and shocking as it might seem (yeah, I know :p ), sometimes they just don't think. :doh:
:eek: :eek: Whaaaaaaaa.........?:eek:

Yeah......I know that's right. I'm just amazed he didn't come clean before it became national news. One thing about it, though, he is getting some sympathy, and an education.................maybe he was smarter than we think.:thinking:

jason
02-04-2009, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
One thing about it, though, he is getting some sympathy, and an education.................maybe he was smarter than we think.:thinking:

maybe him and the lady who just had 8 kids met on myspace and came up with these 2 plans together.....

this whole story is a joke.....

crzyjournalist03
02-04-2009, 05:44 PM
I just can't believe that after he was given a second chance, he became ineligible for not going to classes.

waterboy
02-04-2009, 05:52 PM
He's definitely a slacker...........with a few loose screws. Amazing how somebody can get a second chance like that......a chance to make something good come out of something bad.....of his own doing, mind you.........and then completely blow it!:mad:

lakers
02-04-2009, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
wow...that took a long time to read, but man, what a story.

Why didnt you just watch the video at the top right corner of the page? What was written came straight from the video....:D

SWMustang
02-04-2009, 10:02 PM
we are talking about a high school kid. Why such negativity? Shouldn't we all show some compassion and delete this thread?

mchavez
02-04-2009, 11:36 PM
i watched this when it was otl on espn, and like his coach was saying. It's not like he sold drugs or broke into a home. Give the kid a break, it's just football. I think people take sports too serious sometimes!

Ranger Mom
02-05-2009, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by SWMustang
we are talking about a high school kid. Why such negativity? Shouldn't we all show some compassion and delete this thread?

You are starting to remind me of someone!

duckhunter
02-05-2009, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
You are starting to remind me of someone! after watching the story on espn yest it was no suprise the kid did this, even funnier he thought he could get away with it. making d grades in high school and having no commen sense is not a good combination. said he was currently making failing grades in college as well. its a shame he cant get is act together. hopefully he can turn his grades around.