PDA

View Full Version : Sick Bug

BreckTxLonghorn
02-04-2009, 01:32 PM
Anybody else been getting the bronchitis/ sinus infection/ allergies head colds from hell?

I actually went to the doctor today for it!

waterboy
02-04-2009, 01:38 PM
Yeah, I got a sinus infection in late November or early December. The sinusitus part of it left but then I had a bout with bronchitis from the drainage. I still, to this day, haven't gotten rid of the cough completely. It's getting better but it's still there.

Ranger Mom
02-04-2009, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Yeah, I got a sinus infection in late November or early December. The sinusitus part of it left but then I had a bout with bronchitis from the drainage. I still, to this day, haven't gotten rid of the cough completely. It's getting better but it's still there.

I finally got over my cough!!

My daughter has been sick 3 times in the past 3 weeks!!

I bought her some medicine today, since she's too stubborn to go the Dr. Hopefully that helps, she's getting married next week!!!

Lion_Addict
02-04-2009, 02:52 PM
Son has been sick big time with the flu and daughter has mono :( ........ never ending cycle in our household! :mad:

lakers
02-04-2009, 03:01 PM
Yeah a week and a half ago for me, then my brother got sick after that. Now my next door neighbor is sick and I have been told that the Student Wellness Center has been very busy lately.

pirate4state
02-04-2009, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Anybody else been getting the bronchitis/ sinus infection/ allergies head colds from hell?

I actually went to the doctor today for it!

ME! I was thinking about going to the doctor if I'm not better by Friday! :D

I'm stubborn.

I_Do_Care
02-04-2009, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

I'm stubborn.
:thinking: I never gathered that about you, hmmm:confused:

big daddy russ
02-04-2009, 04:54 PM
Same here. I've had a cough, cold, high fever, nausea, etc for the past week or so. Today's actually my first day feeling better, just have the token soreness and the crud's still coming up, but I'm home free.

And I love how it's the gift that just keeps giving. Got a text from my sister-in-law today saying that I had passed my plague onto her. Called me one of the Horseman of the Apocalypse along with a few other fun names and then passed out dead.

Good luck to everyone who's got it now.

Txbroadcaster
02-04-2009, 04:58 PM
in may of 05 I got 3DL fever and have not been able to shake it since

Ranger Mom
02-04-2009, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
in may of 05 I got 3DL fever and have not been able to shake it since

Sorry to inform you.....there is no cure!!:)

Lion_Addict
02-04-2009, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Sorry to inform you.....there is no cure!!:)

You definately got that right! Not even a big ole dose of Snydertigersdrool can cure it :twitch: :doh:

LH Panther Mom
02-04-2009, 08:20 PM
My youngest informed me Friday evening that he felt crappy. I made him take his temperature and it was 101.8. I asked him how long he had felt bad - a couple of days. I asked him why he didn't tell me earlier (when I could actually take him to the doctor) - he didn't want to have to run for missing athletics. :doh: :doh: He's such a trooper! :D He's just got the remaining cough, so hopefully that will be gone soon.

The oldest (23) may be coming down with it now. :( And my sinuses have been killing me all day! :mad:

SintonFan
02-04-2009, 10:27 PM
We have had different viruses the last two weeks.
My daughter had something like what yall are talking about two weeks ago and is well recovered after ear drops and a week of "horse pills".
My son had high fever and diarrhea for two days this last Friday and Saturday.
Denise had the same thing Saturday and Sunday.
I had what the last two had Monday night and Tuesday.
I Think there's alot of different bugs going around. I had the flu shot but this bug kept me grounded to the toilet for a full day.:(

BreckTxLonghorn
02-05-2009, 11:25 AM
Cynically, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who's not well!

Thankfully, I 'sacked up' and went to the doctor, and am on two prescriptions and two strongly suggested OTCs.

1 Cough Pill - 3x a day
Inhaler - 3x a day
Sudafed 24 - 1x a day
Neti Pot (grossest thing ever) - 1x a day.

Like a walking medicine cabinet over here.

GreenMonster
02-05-2009, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
ME! I was thinking about going to the doctor if I'm not better by Friday! :D

I'm stubborn.

Ditto. I have the worst sinus infection that I can ever remember having. My face hurts, my teeth hurt, and all I wanna do is sleep.

gobbler grad
02-05-2009, 11:05 PM
my wife has been sick for over a week...:hairpunk:

she needs to get better:thinking:

44INAROW
02-06-2009, 09:30 AM
Cynically, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who's not well!

Neti Pot (grossest thing ever) - 1x a day.

what is the Neti Pot? I've heard of it but didn't know what it is?

BreckTxLonghorn
02-06-2009, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
what is the Neti Pot? I've heard of it but didn't know what it is?

It looks like a little plastic teapot, but you mix a salt rinse mix with warm water and basically flush it in one nostril and out the other, then do it again from the other side.

My first time, it went EVERYWHERE.

waterboy
02-06-2009, 10:21 AM
It looks like a little plastic teapot, but you mix a salt rinse mix with warm water and basically flush it in one nostril and out the other, then do it again from the other side.

But, does it work? Is it worth the pain, and how long does it clear the sinus? Just curious......because I bought a setup last year, but never had the need (or courage:D ) to use it.:doh:

44INAROW
02-06-2009, 10:21 AM

eewww I understand the concept but EEEWWWW :eek:

BreckTxLonghorn
02-06-2009, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
But, does it work? Is it worth the pain, and how long does it clear the sinus? Just curious......because I bought a setup last year, but never had the need (or courage:D ) to use it.:doh:

There's no pain at all as long as you don't get the water too hot. And it does clean everything out, though it's lasting power depends on exactly how stopped up you are. It felt great once I was done, but I took a Sudafed an hour later and stuff still kept coming out. I would recommend it, though. I'll be doing it again this weekend.

44IAR - It's definitely an eww, especially the first time when you don't get the gist of how to do it and you're completely stopped up. The things that come out of there.....*shudder*

pirate4state
02-06-2009, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Ditto. I have the worst sinus infection that I can ever remember having. My face hurts, my teeth hurt, and all I wanna do is sleep.

:( I stayed home today because last night I could NOT sleep because my ears were popping everytime I coughed and/or had to blow my nose. It SUCKED!

I STILL don't want to go to the doctor and my doctor doesn't see anyone on Fridays! So, if I'm not better over the weekend I guess I'm going in on Monday. :(

The theraflu stuff that usually works isn't working.

That Neti Pot sounds scary! I don't like putting ANYTHING up my nose! I have a ridiculous phobia about it. LOL