PDA

View Full Version : District 25 Tuesday scores.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-03-2009, 11:32 PM
Bellville 60
Columbus 57

TRENCHES06
02-04-2009, 12:21 AM
La Grange wins. What a year! 5-1.

duckhunter
02-04-2009, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by TRENCHES06
La Grange wins. What a year! 5-1. 5-1 in a WEAK basketball district. let the celebrations begin

IHStangFan
02-04-2009, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by duckhunter
5-1 in a WEAK basketball district. let the celebrations begin WOW...tell us how you really feel! LOL.

halfnhalf
02-04-2009, 01:02 AM

I feel ya, La Grange hasn't had a solid basketball season in about ten years or so. For so many years we finished in last place in district, this is a huge year as far as La Grange basketball goes.

Johnny Utah
02-04-2009, 01:07 AM
LG was very good in the early 90's. Rockdale won in a slugfest in 92 in the playoffs, but ran into Woodville who later went to State Tourney that year. LG has the athletes, just need to get into the gym more.

hookandladder
02-04-2009, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by duckhunter
5-1 in a WEAK basketball district. let the celebrations begin

No one is saying we are going to win a State Championship, we are proud of what the kids have accomplished so far. What District do you play in that is so tough, Duckhunter.

STAggie
02-04-2009, 08:11 AM
Does anyone have a score on the Sealy game? Didn't make the trip to Smithville last night.

STAggie
02-04-2009, 11:38 AM
Finally got the score.

Sealy 61
Smithville 58

Big win for Sealy's playoff hopes. If they win 3 of the next 4 I think they will be in.

Johnny Utah
02-04-2009, 12:23 PM
Congrats, big win for sure.

STAggie
02-04-2009, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Congrats, big win for sure.

Man this team has been so hot and cold this year. One minute they have me thinking they can play with anyone and the next I am ripping my hair out.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-04-2009, 10:21 PM

Saw it was close 2 point win, was this game played in La grange?

hookandladder
02-05-2009, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Saw it was close 2 point win, was this game played in La grange?

No, in Giddings without any fights.I thought it was a 3 point win, just like the girls win over unbeaten Giddings.

STAggie
02-05-2009, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
No, in Giddings without any fights.I thought it was a 3 point win, just like the girls win over unbeaten Giddings.

Did you go? And if so how was the student section?

Buffgal
02-05-2009, 11:13 AM
STudent section was not as crowded or as rowdy. I would say it was due to baseball practice.

STAggie
02-05-2009, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Buffgal
STudent section was not as crowded or as rowdy. I would say it was due to baseball practice.

That is a good thing. It was a little out of control for the Sealy game, IMO.

hookandladder
02-05-2009, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by STAggie
Did you go? And if so how was the student section?

No I did not go but at our game against Bellville boy's last Tuesday their were some pretty rowdy students from Bellville but they got pretty quiet in the 4th quarter when we went up by 20 points.

STAggie
02-05-2009, 03:35 PM
No I did not go but at our game against Bellville boy's last Tuesday their were some pretty rowdy students from Bellville but they got pretty quiet in the 4th quarter when we went up by 20 points.

LOL hope the same happens Friday for us.

RedStorm
02-05-2009, 04:04 PM

Bellville student's are pretty rowdy...in colmubus one of them counted down early and made a columbus player shoot the ball with 5 seconds on the clock...eventually the columbus AD said something but i dont think they quit heckling.

They should be in full force for the Sealy game. I feel weird sitting with all the quite old folks...it feels so recent i was having all that fun!

bvillebrahma010
02-06-2009, 12:15 AM
lol i love being so rowdy at the games!! its part of the comradery that goes on! our bellville AD told us today that we have to simmer down and cant yell air ball or point anything out or we will be kicked out... think i aint gonna be kicked out the first quarter tomorrow in sealy? btw, that giddings game was fun. us bellville fans, our favorite thing to do is get the fans all rowled up. i have a friend who copies an LG guy and does what we call the "helicopter". haha tomorrow will be interesting!

RedStorm
02-06-2009, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by bvillebrahma010
lol i love being so rowdy at the games!! its part of the comradery that goes on! our bellville AD told us today that we have to simmer down and cant yell air ball or point anything out or we will be kicked out... think i aint gonna be kicked out the first quarter tomorrow in sealy? btw, that giddings game was fun. us bellville fans, our favorite thing to do is get the fans all rowled up. i have a friend who copies an LG guy and does what we call the "helicopter". haha tomorrow will be interesting!

He dont know what hes talkin bout do your thing son...support your team...btw i saw that crazt La Grange guy and your friend i thought the LG was a total jackass.

hookandladder
02-06-2009, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by RedStorm
He dont know what hes talkin bout do your thing son...support your team...btw i saw that crazt La Grange guy and your friend i thought the LG was a total jackass.

Have no idea who the LG guy was at the game, I sit pretty high up in the stands. I am no RA RA guy, like to sit back and watch a good game.Have no problem with fans and students supporting their team but yelling at the other teams fans just shows bad sportsmanship. I saw the Bellville fans at our last home boys most were great fans, I did see some making gestures that were not very appropriate. But you are not my kid so you can do whatever you feel you need to do.

warda
02-06-2009, 11:17 AM
Hook,

I hope you guys in La Grange will support the new baseball guy. Everybody in La Grange knows baseball; makes it tough to be the coach.

hookandladder
02-06-2009, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by warda
Hook,

I hope you guys in La Grange will support the new baseball guy. Everybody in La Grange knows baseball; makes it tough to be the coach.

Since I have lived here we had Coach Ferguson and then we had his replacement, coach Ferguson did a great job and was very respected by most all his players. I think what did not sit well with most in LG was the fact that after Coach Ferguson retired our school board and super decided to not open the job to outside coaches, there were a # of really good coaches that would have liked a shot at the the job. I for one am excited to have Coach Harbers as our new HC, there will not be overnight success in baseball this year. We have only 1 or 2 Seniors this year that have any Varsity experience, Coach Harbers will be successful in LG but it will take some time.