PDA

View Full Version : PNG Names New Head Coach

ILS1
02-03-2009, 09:04 PM
I didn't see this posted but if it has have a mod delete it.

Odessa Permian offensive coordinator Brandon Faircloth has been named the head coach at Port Neches-Groves.

So why is this relevant to the Central Texas football landscape? Well, in addition to the tidbit that Faircloth was on the Westlake coaching staff a few years ago, his hiring means that the job will not be going to Jerry Vance of Liberty Hill.

According to a January 22 report in the Beaumont Enterprise, Vance was one of 35 names released by Port Neches-Groves after a Freedom of Information request was filed with the school. Vance, who has been Liberty Hill’s coach since 2001, has gone 41-3 with the Panthers over the past three seasons with back-to-back Class 3A championships in 2006 and 2007.

Port Neches-Groves is a Class 4A school.

Story Link (http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/varsitynews/entries/2009/02/03/vance_wont_be_i.html)

Trashman
02-03-2009, 09:22 PM
Those Brownwood people are everywhere!:D

95mustang
02-03-2009, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
Those Brownwood people are everywhere!:D

From what I understand he is being replaced out at Permian by another Brownwood Lion Coach. (Which I hate to see go)

Looking4number8
02-03-2009, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Brandon has one helluva resume. Austin Westlake, Highland Park(State championship), and now Permian.

And an awesome family! Man gonna really be something in high school football. Congrats to PN-G and Brandon!

LH Panther Mom
02-03-2009, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
the job will not be going to Jerry Vance of Liberty Hill.

He withdrew his name a while ago. ;)

kepdawg
02-03-2009, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
He withdrew his name a while ago. ;)

Big name coaches usually do when they aren't getting the job. ;)

LH Panther Mom
02-04-2009, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Keep telling yourself that's why. :p

kepdawg
02-04-2009, 12:37 AM

I never said that's why; i implied it.

hookandladder
02-04-2009, 08:33 AM

I think it would be hard for his type of offense to be successful in 4A and up. Still a great coach but I think you need to throw the ball some to win in 4A and 5A.

Super_R
02-04-2009, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
I think it would be hard for his type of offense to be successful in 4A and up. Still a great coach but I think you need to throw the ball some to win in 4A and 5A.

2 words: Euless Trinity.

solocam
02-04-2009, 11:06 AM
10-4,Because he wanted to stay in Liberty Hill

ratherbfishin
02-04-2009, 03:19 PM

:D :D :D :D :D OMG....It was actually typed...:D :D :D :D :D

LH Panther Mom
02-04-2009, 05:57 PM
I never said that's why; i implied it.
:p Well, if a coach pursues a job elsewhere on his own, then withdraws his name, I can see the implication bearing some weight. When the coach is contacted by the school and asked to submit a resume, then withdraws, it could very well mean something else altogether. ;)

bobcat4life
02-04-2009, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
I didn't see this posted but if it has have a mod delete it.

Odessa Permian offensive coordinator Brandon Faircloth has been named the head coach at Port Neches-Groves.

So why is this relevant to the Central Texas football landscape? Well, in addition to the tidbit that Faircloth was on the Westlake coaching staff a few years ago, his hiring means that the job will not be going to Jerry Vance of Liberty Hill.

According to a January 22 report in the Beaumont Enterprise, Vance was one of 35 names released by Port Neches-Groves after a Freedom of Information request was filed with the school. Vance, who has been Liberty Hill’s coach since 2001, has gone 41-3 with the Panthers over the past three seasons with back-to-back Class 3A championships in 2006 and 2007.

Port Neches-Groves is a Class 4A school.

Story Link (http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/varsitynews/entries/2009/02/03/vance_wont_be_i.html)

I never heard Vance's name mentioned for the job but he was never going to leave LH for a place like PN-G.

RiverRat19
02-04-2009, 10:18 PM

Beeville and Gregory-Portland have run it very well recently and G-P has in the past as well... Beeville just about beat Lake Travis in 2007... Anything works if you work it... or so I have been told.